[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

5 minutes ago, tomf said:

Does the -forec-d3d11 thing work for other people in 64 bit KSP 1.1.1? I am finding it crashes immediatly if I try it.

Have you updated to yesterday's version? Do you have the "use alternate dx11 shaders" option ticked?

47 minutes ago, tomf said:

I have updated and it crashes well before I get to the scatterer settings. It crashes before I get the KSP loading screen.

Have you tested without any other mods? In scatterer no shaders are loaded in the main menu or in the loading screen, everything is loaded once you get in-game. Therefore if you get a crash at any of those screens because of the dx11 command it's most likely not scatterer.

Edited: as @Blacks said the new version is for 1.1.2 not 1.1.1

Edited by blackrack

@tomf
first of all way you want to use 1.1.1 when last version of KSP is 1.1.2 & most mod are done for 1.1.2 ?
Second do you use SVE or anyother visual pack ?
For me dx11 it was work fine, with noo crash, if i use Scattering 245 + last Eve release (https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements)

@blackrack enter in game goo to tracking station > open debug window (alt +f12) then hit alt +10 to open Scatterer config window it supose to triger instant EXC spam, config window it will not be functional & if you will close it will stop EXC spam

Update: i just test SVE + Scatterer 245 using -forec-d3d11 & yes is instant crash, how i say only last new release of Eve is working aka from version what bring new system with new cubemap texture BUT for who want to use last Eve update is not compatible with SVE because it need to rebuild to new system, same thing for any other visual pack

Edited by Blacks

@Proot

I did some quick testing like this:

IvXYa12.png

ghost1SettingsList1
{
	Item = 1,1,1,1
	Item = 1,1,1,0.75
	Item = 1,1,1,0.5
	Item = 1,1,1,0.25
}

ghost1SettingsList2
{
	Item = 1,1,1,0
	Item = 1,1,1,-0.25
	Item = 1,1,1,-0.5
	Item = 1,1,1,0.75
}

ghost2SettingsList1
{
	Item = 1,1,1,1
	Item = 1,1,1,0.75
	Item = 1,1,1,0.5
	Item = 1,1,1,0.25
}

ghost2SettingsList2
{
	Item = 1,1,1,0
	Item = 1,1,1,-0.25
	Item = 1,1,1,-0.5
	Item = 1,1,1,0.75
}

ghost3SettingsList1
{
	Item = 1,1,1,1
	Item = 1,1,1,0.75
	Item = 1,1,1,0.5
	Item = 1,1,1,0.25
}

ghost3SettingsList2
{
	Item = 1,1,1,0
	Item = 1,1,1,-0.25
	Item = 1,1,1,-0.5
	Item = 1,1,1,0.75
}

And it seems everything is in order:

I made a typo in the config file above which results in two instances being in the same location, so you can see 7 instances per ghost, however with that fixed I can see all 8 instances of every ghost, so it's most likely an issue on your end. Make sure you don't have a typo in the ghost[*]SettingsList[*] names.

2 hours ago, Blacks said:

@blackrack enter in game goo to tracking station > open debug window (alt +f12) then hit alt +10 to open Scatterer config window it supose to triger instant EXC spam, config window it will not be functional & if you will close it will stop EXC spam

I was experimenting with enabling effects on the tracking station the other day so I guess I left it half messed-up. Got it

Edited:

Terrain shadow artifacts appear to be fixed

ceU6Ogy.jpg

will have an updated version up soon.

Edited by blackrack

17 hours ago, garwel said:

Anybody has problems with CKAN updating Scatterer? I have this error message, whether I choose scatterer-sunflare or astroniki:

Too many mods provide Scatterer-sunflare:
Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0245
* AstronikiSunflareforScatterer 1.0

Thanks for reporting that, gonna look into it. 

BTW, was it working normally before latest scatterer update?

5 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Okay I fixed the terrain shadows and the 3rd ghost of the lens flare shader.

New version is up.

I had not time enough to test all combinations properly, sorry. :blush:  I'll try the new version, many thanks.

3 hours ago, Thomassino said:

Thanks for reporting that, gonna look into it. 

BTW, was it working normally before latest scatterer update?

it was working normally before the update which added the choice of two dependencies.

until the problem gets fixed, you can simply tell CKAN to uninstall scatterer, then reinstall it. a clean install doesn't throw the error, only an upgrade to an existing install. EDIT: just noticed @Steveo has already posted this workaround.

Edited by speedwaystar

I delved into modding today, so I could create some of my very own sunflares for Scatterer! The results so far:KfFfFlt.png72X9MqA.png It needs a bit of work (such as that the third ghost is sticking out behind another ghost, not where it belongs, and looks bad because of it), but it isn't terrible. As a side note, I can confirm terrain shadows are working, as in the first image.

Looking for a little help with Scatter.  I have KSP 1.1.2 and Scatter 2v0.0246 installed [via Ckan] -

I really enjoy the visuals of this mod and as a casual gamer, the mods that add value to my gaming experience, keep me coming back for more game time. :)  

The reason why I stopped using Scatter was:

1.) When decoupling the off artifacts [aka god rays] ,but there was an option for that.  [cool , check]
2.) Sometimes, when leaving Kerbin, the ocean/atmo would seem to follow me around. [until I did a scene change?]
3.) The dark side of the planets are well.. yes, dark... but too dark and I was curious if someone can suggest some adjustments in scatter to lean a little toward the stock way?

Btw - is the above has been discussed, I did go through and read the past couple of pages, but it didn't seem obvious and I don't mean to cause any problems.  thanks. 

4 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Looking for a little help with Scatter.  I have KSP 1.1.2 and Scatter 2v0.0246 installed [via Ckan] -

I really enjoy the visuals of this mod and as a casual gamer, the mods that add value to my gaming experience, keep me coming back for more game time. :)  

The reason why I stopped using Scatter was:

1.) When decoupling the off artifacts [aka god rays] ,but there was an option for that.  [cool , check]
2.) Sometimes, when leaving Kerbin, the ocean/atmo would seem to follow me around. [until I did a scene change?]
3.) The dark side of the planets are well.. yes, dark... but too dark and I was curious if someone can suggest some adjustments in scatter to lean a little toward the stock way?

Btw - is the above has been discussed, I did go through and read the past couple of pages, but it didn't seem obvious and I don't mean to cause any problems.  thanks. 

2) Rebuilding the ocean fixes this

3) Use planetshine; I think there's a brightness setting that will help you there.

11 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

i know you are streaming & i know way you ask about dark moment but for situation like that there are 2 mods what can help you:

1. Ambient Light Adjustment =

2. Minimum Ambient Lighting

Pick one & use it when you fell darkness is to overwelm & you will want to let streaming viewer to see something :wink:

Cheers

I don't want to be rude at all, but Scatterer is in the Add-on Development forum, labeled in first place as WIP ("work in progress").

Imho, you can't expect zero issues. That is unrealistic.

50 minutes ago, Blacks said:

i know you are streaming & i know way you ask about dark moment but for situation like that there are 2 mods what can help you:

1. Ambient Light Adjustment =

2. Minimum Ambient Lighting

Pick one & use it when you fell darkness is to overwelm & you will want to let streaming viewer to see something :wink:

Cheers

Thanks, I do have Min Light and it only helps with like the foreground.. appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Gorzideudeus said:

3) Use planetshine; I think there's a brightness setting that will help you there.

I do have planetshine installed, it doesn't seem to help.

I dont see this listed in the known issues section, so I gotta ask, am I the only one experiencing these two bugs with the ocean:

First one, when I zoom in any IVA view, the ocean zooms with it, making it appear closer or further away than it is. This property remains if I exit IVA view while zoomed.

http://imgur.com/Hpn0W4n

Second one, when I reach an altitude of about 150km, I get this sphere on the bottom of my screen, which may vary in intensity. It dissappears when I go below the magic line of 150km

http://imgur.com/NA0Bqe3

edit: I'm using SVE together with Scatterer, but it only happens when Scatterer is installed.

Edited by Valkyria90

5 hours ago, Valkyria90 said:

...am I the only one experiencing these two bugs with the ocean:

Second one, when I reach an altitude of about 150km, I get this sphere on the bottom of my screen, which may vary in intensity. It dissappears when I go below the magic line of 150km

I get that as well. Some times it follows me all the way to the Mun. It is like a cellophane sheet of plastic placed on the screen(left half of screen usually). I don't remember seeing the Mun through that half of the screen, although it is definitely behind the HUD.

7 hours ago, Valkyria90 said:

I dont see this listed in the known issues section, so I gotta ask, am I the only one experiencing these two bugs with the ocean:

First one, when I zoom in any IVA view, the ocean zooms with it, making it appear closer or further away than it is. This property remains if I exit IVA view while zoomed.

http://imgur.com/Hpn0W4n

http://imgur.com/NA0Bqe3

edit: I'm using SVE together with Scatterer, but it only happens when Scatterer is installed.

Are you on 0.0246?

13 hours ago, Gorzideudeus said:

Do people still have to rebuild the ocean on 0.0246?