[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I must admit to installing the mod, seeing that it covered up clouds from EVE and then uninstalling at that point. Often I wait until 'default' works well enough before I start changing things.

E : I could imagine a lot of people who would want prettier skies are already running EVE so it might be that 'no clouds out of the box' puts them off. Am I right in thinking there is a version that fixes that which is unreleased?

Or, is there a version of EVE that works with scatterer?

Not yet, but there will be support for the EVE clouds in the future.

The default config already works on these, but the problem is, they make the terrain pretty flat so it looks very bland. In addition, and this is some weird behavior on the part of the mod, but a bigger planet sort of "stretches" and "dilutes" the atmosphere (if it makes sense) and it needs an adjusted config.

I haven't played much with 6.4x kerbin but here's a random screen http://i.imgur.com/rak45U0.jpg

So wait, the config tool isn't working for anybody but me right now? Hold on, let me check on another machine.

Edited: Works perfectly well here, both directly and while adding the -force-d3d11 command. Is anybody else unable to run it?

The config tool seems to work for me or at least it loads fine I just haven't tried making custom configs

So I'm trying to get the shaders working in scaledSpace (still stuck there). I set the mesh to render in layer 10 and change it's parameters accordingly, however, I think it might be rendering behind the skybox or not rendering at all. I'll try playing with the renderqueue later, but for now, what's a quick way to disable the skybox?

Edited: Nevermind, I got it to draw on top of everything by using Ztest off or Ztest always. At least now I know it's a render order issue.

The config tool seems to work for me or at least it loads fine I just haven't tried making custom configs

Good to know.

Edited by blackrack

100% YES for VAB sky :D

Also, I saw your cap of playing around in 6.4x and I think it would be great to make a config for the more popular scaled versions of the Kerbol system once this mod has a decent amount of the framework implemented

I was doing some testing and this happened.

http://i.imgur.com/Y1wnjRU.jpg

Would you guys like to have a view of the sky outside in the VAB/SPH?

As long as there is still sufficient lighting inside when night falls. I'm down for beautiful sun rises while building, but not if I have to exit the VAB to time warp every time night falls. I spend 90% of my game time in the VAB. Do you know if this black magic also works on the space plane hangar?

OMG YES. And lol that sounds hilarious xD "I was just editing and suddenly! POOF!"

Actually that was exactly what happened, I was monkeying around with the debug settings in the KSC view then caused it to glitch and get stuck somehow and cover up the whole KSC, I couldn't see anything, I tried to pan the camera and I accidentally pressed the VAB (which was now invisible and covered by the stuck effect covering the whole screen), next thing I know the VAB comes up and the view from inside it is glorious! So I decided "hmm, this seems like a great idea to implement later".

As long as there is still sufficient lighting inside when night falls. I'm down for beautiful sun rises while building, but not if I have to exit the VAB to time warp every time night falls. I spend 90% of my game time in the VAB. Do you know if this black magic also works on the space plane hangar?

It doesn't "work" yet, as in, it was completely accidental and didn't follow the camera movement but I should be able to make it work later.

Not yet, but there will be support for the EVE clouds in the future.

Coool.

I'll keep this thread subscribed so I don't miss it.

Seeing outside in the VAB is pretty cool.

E : Featured where? Anyone got a link?

Edited by John FX

Looks *SPECTACULAR*. I'll be keeping a close eye on this and will install soon. Basically I'm a newbie and want to play the vanilla game for a good while, but I'm starting to itch for some graphics mods (I love kerbal dearly, but it can be pretty damn ugly sometimes for 2015 standards). Keep up the good work, blackrack!

Hello, the Alt+f11 key are the same used by Module Manager, can you change.

Other problem, whem i change the screen to base, sph or vab the config ui open again. alt f11 dont disable it. Maybe you can make a button, using the tool bar.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the mod, I'm working on a new version so stay tuned.

Hello, the Alt+f11 key are the same used by Module Manager, can you change.

Other problem, whem i change the screen to base, sph or vab the config ui open again. alt f11 dont disable it. Maybe you can make a button, using the tool bar.

Would alt-f10 be fine? Or is that used for something else? Also, in the next version I'll either have the UI disabled by default or have it remember your setting.

So... After all the trouble getting through figuring out scaled space and fiddling with the shaders and all the wonky "apparent distance vs real distance" stuff, I discovered that the scaled object is just a flat textured sphere. Meaning that applying the postprocessing shader to it will result in a perfectly flat foggy sphere that looks nothing like a planet. Needless to say, this was an oversight on my part and it ruins my day. The only solution I can think of right now is either to phase the postprocessing out before the PQS disables (should look really weird), or figure out a way to keep the PQS active longer without it disappearing past the camera's far plane.

Edited: Also, if anyone knows of a way to enable/disable the stock sunglare on will it would be useful.

Edited by blackrack

I don´t know who or what PQS is, but I love your mod :-) Thank you so much :)

Well, thanks. PQS is the detailed terrain system that you see from the surface of the planet or a low orbit.

Edited: Laythe before and after.

bc7svJW.png

FAswdO2.png

I should be able to find better settings than this later on, Jool lost quite a bit of detail.

Edited by blackrack

For the sunglare I only know a way: RealSolarSystem.

With Texture Replacer you can turn to black the glare, but that will be only a dimming of the texture.

EDIT: I'm pretty eager to use the tool on any computer. Laythe looks amazing.

EDIT2: Anyway, stock Jool isn't full of detail, precisely... :P

Edited by Proot