[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Oh btw @blackrack I went ahead and used the latest scatterer in my planet pack and it looks great.  Turning off God rays fixes that bug I posted earlier.  I did notice a few small bugs.  KSC still floods every so often and the post processing looks like it sinks into the ground. I have pics just not at my computer at the moment.  Restarting the game fixed the issues but they creep in here and there. I wouldn't worry about fixing it though because 1.1.3 will be obsolete soon. I haven't tried 1.2 yet so I don't know if the issues are there as well. Besides that it's perfect and performance feels better.  Maybe it's just me. 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Oh btw @blackrack I went ahead and used the latest scatterer in my planet pack and it looks great.  Turning off God rays fixes that bug I posted earlier.  I did notice a few small bugs.  KSC still floods every so often and the post processing looks like it sinks into the ground. I have pics just not at my computer at the moment.  Restarting the game fixed the issues but they creep in here and there. I wouldn't worry about fixing it though because 1.1.3 will be obsolete soon. I haven't tried 1.2 yet so I don't know if the issues are there as well. Besides that it's perfect and performance feels better.  Maybe it's just me. 

Hmm no idea what could be causing the godray issue, could it be the Sun renaming? In any case maybe wait until 1.2 is released.

For the performance, I changed the default value for the ocean fourier gridsize from 128 to 64, I think with the sky reflections the difference is less noticeable and most people would just appreciate the performance improvement. I don't know if this is what's giving you the performance improvement though :P

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Hey you do a lot around here. And that's saying something when every other post on this thread tends to be "no ocean" or "fix my game with 500 mods in it"

So really thanks man for all the hard work and patients that's more than we can say for a lot of guys on here.

Thanks man, I was actually feeling down this week and was a bit sick so I just wanted to sit at home on the week-end, it was the perfect opportunity to work on the mod.

23 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Thanks man, I was actually feeling down this week and was a bit sick so I just wanted to sit at home on the week-end, it was the perfect opportunity to work on the mod.

I hope you're feeling better now :)

I wanted to tell you, as a very new player, you already helped me a lot this week. The pre-release build and mods situation is quite hard to follow/get into currently. But I've been stalking(let's call it studying, okay? :) your work to get a glimpse of how mods work for this game. You've been a great helper without even knowing! You are amazing :].

Edited by TwistedMinds

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Anyone else with 1.2.1564 build with same problem? Only Scatterer 0.0255 replaced with this fixed .dll and i'm getting constant crashes to desktop when trying to load existing game from main menu. Also getting this when game loading:

Edited by Murdox

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Hmm no idea what could be causing the godray issue, could it be the Sun renaming? In any case maybe wait until 1.2 is released.

For the performance, I changed the default value for the ocean fourier gridsize from 128 to 64, I think with the sky reflections the difference is less noticeable and most people would just appreciate the performance improvement. I don't know if this is what's giving you the performance improvement though :P

It might be because of renaming the sun i dunno. its not a big deal ill just ship scatterer with them off.
As for the performance, i raised the fourier gridsize back up to 128. the performance is still better than before. so who knows really. In SSRSS i set the fourier to 64 and not a single person complain about quality so i am in full agreement. its terribly hard to notice the difference. 

Water is missing and log is 14 megabytes for 1.2.1564

MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.
UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

58 minutes ago, Goury said:

Water is missing and log is 14 megabytes for 1.2.1564

MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Make sure you are using the recompiled dll found here.

14 hours ago, blackrack said:

So here is a bug that i found with the 1.1.3 version. Again, not a big deal if the issue doesn't persist on 1.2 but just in case it does...

When editing clouds in the EVE gui, just hitting the apply button removes or sinks does something to the post processing on whatever planet you are editing. It can be remedied by going into the tracking station and exiting (not everytime though. sometimes it takes 3-4 attempts but it does fix it eventually.) Here are some pics of what happens

http://imgur.com/a/M91cx

Here is the player log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tbhp4mz2z8cqlg/output_log.txt?dl=0

I think this ONLY happens when messing with eve settings but i could be wrong. This is just how i noticed it and was able to replicate it

Edited by Galileo

16 hours ago, TwistedMinds said:

Make sure you are using

Not working like at all with this one.

Also settings dialog turned to  thingie that says to press ALTs and Fs, but it is not working.

Logs have megabytes of

ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext ()
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoToggle (Boolean value, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.Toggle (Boolean value, System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    scatterer.Core.DrawScattererWindow (Int32 windowId)

Edited by Goury

On 10/5/2016 at 11:36 AM, TwistedMinds said:

Make sure you are using the recompiled dll found here.

I was getting unexpected lag, so I opened the Console window and saw an unending stream of red "MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found" entries. I download the recompiled dll and replaced the scatterer.dll in the scatterer folder with this new one, but when I restarted the game and went back to the ship, the same error kept showing up repeatedly in the Console window.

---------------------

Edit: I should have done a bit more due diligence. After removing and reinstalling the mods one by one, I was able to narrow this down to Kerbal Alarm Clock. Sorry

Edited by Movado
New information that should be included in original post so as not to confuse

4 minutes ago, Movado said:

Eu estava ficando lag inesperado, então eu abri a janela da consola e viu um fluxo interminável de vermelho " MissingFieldException: Campo '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' não encontrado" entradas. Eu baixar o dll recompilados e substituiu o scatterer.dll na pasta scatterer com este novo, mas quando eu reiniciado o jogo e voltou para o navio, o mesmo erro se manteve aparecer várias vezes na janela do console.

This error don't come from scatterer. Windows 7 64 bit here, everything ok (mapview without errors log). Check out the other mods such as EVE or distant objects, these are not compatible yet.

So for me the 1.2 prerelease version is working as advertised, except for one thing: my framerate is terrible. I ran a test by putting a simple probe on the launch pad with only two parts and somehow only got 10 FPS. Moving it to space helped a little, but the game's still performing way below the level at which it does without Scatterer.

What major changes have been introduced other than 1.2 compatibility? Does Scatterer use more advanced graphics features now?

6 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

framerate

People adviceing to look in your ksp log for this issue. Framerate should be lower than without this addon, but not terrible.

Also, with Unity3D update, shaders should be more advanced. As for me, they are finally working (they was broken for all the previous versions so I played with fallback versions), but this is mostly due to poor GNU/Linux support from Unity3D, which is finally got fixed a little.

Edited by Goury

Ah yes, I forgot to mention the log. The log is nominal for me - no error spam or anything. The game's just being slow.

I'm aware that KSP's stock shaders may be more advanced, but I was curious as to whether Scatterer itself had changed its shaders. I have an integrated Intel GPU (and before you go "oh, that's your problem there, git a gud card skrub," note that I had a perfectly fine framerate with Scatterer in 1.1.3) so I'm concerned about ways the mod may have become more graphically demanding and whether it's possible to re-optimize back from that.

1 minute ago, parameciumkid said:

KSP's stock shaders may be more advanced

Nope, it is this addons shaders. KSPs shaders are very basic.

2 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

whether Scatterer itself had changed its shaders

I bet it had. I haven't investigated too much, we should ask @blackrack to be sure.

4 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

integrated Intel GPU

This might be the problem.

Firstly, there is alot of different GPUs by Intel, so at least state which one you have.

Secondly, some migh had poor support by Unity3D and got good support now so shaders actually started working for you => so here comes framerate drop.

Fourthly, as sad as truth, if you are looking for graphics — you sholuld have graphics card. Integrated ones this days are good for basic stuff, but they won't be good with anything advanced or intense.

5 hours ago, cy4n said:

None of the effects show up using the latest prerelease.

This kind of post doesn't help.

21 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

Ah yes, I forgot to mention the log. The log is nominal for me - no error spam or anything. The game's just being slow.

I'm aware that KSP's stock shaders may be more advanced, but I was curious as to whether Scatterer itself had changed its shaders. I have an integrated Intel GPU (and before you go "oh, that's your problem there, git a gud card skrub," note that I had a perfectly fine framerate with Scatterer in 1.1.3) so I'm concerned about ways the mod may have become more graphically demanding and whether it's possible to re-optimize back from that.

Absolutely nothing changed and I'm getting the same performance on my laptop. Disable features one by one until you find the performance hit.

Also, on integrated you probably shouldn't use the ocean shaders at all.

hello, how can I fix this bug with scatterer in ksp Version 1.2? when I open the debug console I see a bunch of open map view or something but in red and spammed. and the ocean is basically gone the lens don't work. to make it simpler here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/GiRfi

Please Help. and i love the mod on 1.2 its so much faster too

5 hours ago, Tom N said:

hello, how can I fix this bug with scatterer in ksp Version 1.2? when I open the debug console I see a bunch of open map view or something but in red and spammed. and the ocean is basically gone the lens don't work. to make it simpler here are some pics:

It would be better if you post log next time.On the other hand,this is not scatterers fold its "000_USITools"!

Edited by sebi.zzr

6 hours ago, Tom N said:

@J.Random

This doesn`t work for me.

On 8.10.2016 at 8:08 PM, Cheesecake said:

I have the same issue: Newest Build of KSP and newest MM. With the fixed .dll there's no scatterer-menu and no water. without the fixed .dll the menu is there but empty.