[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

43 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Awesome thanks!

Done, new version up.

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

Ocean shaders off. Much better. You can still see the sky and clouds, but it's usable.

Ocean Shaders off

How was it before 1.4.2? Was it not like this?

14 minutes ago, Dankgum said:

Is there any way to disable the terminator visible in orbit on Kerbin and other planets, like in RSSVE’s scatterer? I don’t really like the look of it, looks pretty unrealistic to me. :/

Play with the cloud extinction value in scatterer settings.

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

How was it before 1.4.2? Was it not like this?

Maybe... :P

But I was able to have the ocean shaders on. The great looking ocean is 50% of the reason I use Scatterer.

I'll run my 1.3.1 install, and compare.

Edited by TheKurgan

so.. using the latest 1.4.x, but.. ever since the most recent update, my sky is black (regardless of time of day) and in orbit, all of the planets are completely black.. doesn't matter what other visual mods I use in conjunction with it, either.  previous versions did not have this issue.

@blackrack You're the man !
You did it. Using KSP 1.4.3 including the DLC now and the last Scatterer files - all the weird dark and reddish atmospheric colorings together with the dimmed sun (Kerbol) that were occuring with root-parts using B9PartSwitch and with the Mk3 BlockII cockpit from Cormorant Aeronology (which doesn't use B9PartSwitch) are gone for me. Splendid! :kiss:

1 hour ago, Kurbalizer said:

@blackrack You're the man !
You did it. Using KSP 1.4.3 including the DLC now and the last Scatterer files - all the weird dark and reddish atmospheric colorings together with the dimmed sun (Kerbol) that were occuring with root-parts using B9PartSwitch and with the Mk3 BlockII cockpit from Cormorant Aeronology (which doesn't use B9PartSwitch) are gone for me. Splendid! :kiss:

seems like we're having the exact opposite experience of one another... mine was working fine before (using B9partswitch + whatever else) and now the sky is black (except for the clouds) ... and you're saying it was broken before and now it's fixed... hm.

8 hours ago, ss8913 said:

seems like we're having the exact opposite experience of one another... mine was working fine before (using B9partswitch + whatever else) and now the sky is black (except for the clouds) ... and you're saying it was broken before and now it's fixed... hm.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:00 AM, ss8913 said:

so.. using the latest 1.4.x, but.. ever since the most recent update, my sky is black (regardless of time of day) and in orbit, all of the planets are completely black.. doesn't matter what other visual mods I use in conjunction with it, either.  previous versions did not have this issue.

Please submit a proper bug report (look in the first page for how to do that).

so im not sure if this is because of my pc or something, but the mod seems do be doing some janky stuff. the atmospheric scatter wouldnt load up in the tracking station nor ksc view. even the ocean shaders are messing things up. ive updated my card to the latest drivers but its still quite glitchy. pls send hlep

38 minutes ago, PaperPlanets said:

so im not sure if this is because of my pc or something, but the mod seems do be doing some janky stuff. the atmospheric scatter wouldnt load up in the tracking station nor ksc view. even the ocean shaders are messing things up. ive updated my card to the latest drivers but its still quite glitchy. pls send hlep

See the post above yours. There is a way to submit bug reports, otherwise you post will be ignored.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, PaperPlanets said:

Sorry I've ran out of hlep

Lots of fiddling with the new Kopernicus, and my stack of visual mods this morning (to figure out why I suddenly lost ~25fps...) and I finally noticed the "missing night sky" issue;

I fired up a stock game (WIN x64, no special DX string [DX9?]) with scatterer-only, and confirm that it goes away when disabling the ocean refraction. It also goes away if you zoom out far enough from the active craft. Same thing happens in Space Center view (with refraction on) -- zooming *in* will make the sky disappear. Maybe this has more to do with the camera/viewpoint "altitude," since zooming out along the ground didn't affect it, but zooming out far enough basically puts you up into the atmosphere/space where the regular transition to skybox happens.

A real shame about those hard cuts from night->dawn dusk->night, though. Have they honestly always been like that? Maybe the sky hasn't been pretty enough to stare at until mods came along. ;)

50 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Lots of fiddling with the new Kopernicus, and my stack of visual mods this morning (to figure out why I suddenly lost ~25fps...) and I finally noticed the "missing night sky" issue;

I fired up a stock game (WIN x64, no special DX string [DX9?]) with scatterer-only, and confirm that it goes away when disabling the ocean refraction. It also goes away if you zoom out far enough from the active craft. Same thing happens in Space Center view (with refraction on) -- zooming *in* will make the sky disappear. Maybe this has more to do with the camera/viewpoint "altitude," since zooming out along the ground didn't affect it, but zooming out far enough basically puts you up into the atmosphere/space where the regular transition to skybox happens.

A real shame about those hard cuts from night->dawn dusk->night, though. Have they honestly always been like that? Maybe the sky hasn't been pretty enough to stare at until mods came along. ;)

The hard transition is in stock too

20 hours ago, blackrack said:

Please submit a proper bug report (look in the first page for how to do that).

Was about to; just now noticed I still had 'godrays' turned on; turning that off fixed the problem.

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

hmm really? What about the sunflare? does it work correctly when you turn off godrays?

I'll check.  I'm not a big fan of sunflare in general; I may have turned it off.  I'll report back tomorrow if it still works.  If I have to choose between the sky issue and a working sunflare though, I'll take a fixed sky :)
Now I have to see why my framerates, even in the VAB/SPH, got suddenly so much worse;  that may be AVP, though.  going back to standard EVE/etc and will see if that makes a difference.

11 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

I'll check.  I'm not a big fan of sunflare in general; I may have turned it off.  I'll report back tomorrow if it still works.  If I have to choose between the sky issue and a working sunflare though, I'll take a fixed sky :)
Now I have to see why my framerates, even in the VAB/SPH, got suddenly so much worse;  that may be AVP, though.  going back to standard EVE/etc and will see if that makes a difference.

Please override your scatterer.dll with this file and check if this fixes your sky issues with or without godrays or anything else: https://mega.nz/#!fQADGL5A!djG6qHW95pyh8b3faNGH8FUs5U4k-qB6m9GKxLrwOyQ

13 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Please test as well the above .dll, it should fix your missing night sky issue (override .dll from latest released version).

On 4/29/2018 at 3:29 AM, blackrack said:

Please override your scatterer.dll with this file and check if this fixes your sky issues with or without godrays or anything else: https://mega.nz/#!fQADGL5A!djG6qHW95pyh8b3faNGH8FUs5U4k-qB6m9GKxLrwOyQ

Please test as well the above .dll, it should fix your missing night sky issue (override .dll from latest released version).

worked like a charm!

"The stars at night are big and bright..."

<clap clap clap clap!...>

Edited by Beetlecat

OK, I'm going to apologize in advance if this has been covered somewhere, but it would appear that my Googlefu is weak.

Is there a reference somewhere as to what the sunflare settings are and how to use them? I'm putting the finishing touches on my universe pack, but several of my sunflares aren't centered on their associated star. So, I'm hoping there's a setting that will allow me to adjust the flare's location. Is this even a scatterer issue or is it cause by something on the Kopernicus side?

17 hours ago, Flame_Poi said:

https://imgur.com/a/vpFCJAK  https://imgur.com/a/plAjrSA  i got some problem with this mod  game and scatterer version is both the newest   these r my mods https://imgur.com/a/csUzFpp

Please do a proper bug report, look in the OP for how to do that.

11 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Does this mod have any dependencies? Just checking before I make a report about it not working. 

No dependencies.

2 hours ago, Omnipius said:

OK, I'm going to apologize in advance if this has been covered somewhere, but it would appear that my Googlefu is weak.

Is there a reference somewhere as to what the sunflare settings are and how to use them? I'm putting the finishing touches on my universe pack, but several of my sunflares aren't centered on their associated star. So, I'm hoping there's a setting that will allow me to adjust the flare's location. Is this even a scatterer issue or is it cause by something on the Kopernicus side?

Please be more specific when reporting your issue. Are those scatterer sunflares? If they aren't centered on associated star what are they centered on? How did you modify the config?