[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Ok thanks, Ive been trying to add SVT along with SVE instead of just EVE.  Now I'm having issues with no city lights and trying to trouble shoot it.  Ill post logs and stuff if I keep having issues.

There’s an issue with EVE in 1.4.x you have to force dx11 to get city lights for whatever reason.

Edited by Galileo

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having an issue that I think is to do with scatterer and SVE. It doesn't seem to happen with either mod installed on it's own, but it's present with both together.  I also think that it might be a issue with the stock game and that these mods are just exacerbating it (just a hunch, although it's not apparent in a pure stock install).
I'm getting really violent z fighting of textures (at least I think that what it is) when on the ground at KSC (it happens when landed in other locations but less intense).  When a craft is on the runway it is almost flickering; it most apparent at the joins between parts, around clipped parts and on flat textures (like flags on cockpits) but shortly after take off (after getting about 300m above ground) it suddenly stops.  It's not just the textures on craft, sometimes the whole of KSC is flickering.  Here's a frame of the runway mid-flicker;

MrSSKTr.png

I have seen it happen in space, but only a couple times, it mostly only happens when on the ground.
I'm wondering if this is a known problem and if so are there any config tweaks/settings that can alleviate it.  Thanks!

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with a bug I'm having.

I've been trying to enable wire-frame mode, and for some reason, clicking the button does nothing. The buildings and such do not appear as wire frames no matter where I am, how many times I click, how far I zoom in or out, or how long I wait.

I'm on 1.4.2, using Debian Linux, and my graphics card is an Intel HD 4000 that can do up to OpenGL 4.2.

I am an idiot and did not know/realize there were instructions. never mind.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

So im on ksp 1.4.3, and the scatterer menu will not show up using alt + F10 or alt + F11 like it says it should.

Its also not showing up in KSP AVC (Im not sure if it is supposed to)

If I remove module manager, the menu shows up just fine. I even tried this with ONLY scatterer and module manager installed (plus the Squad and SquadExpansion folders)

Edited by X1machinemaker1X

23 minutes ago, X1machinemaker1X said:

So im on ksp 1.4.3, and the scatterer menu will not show up using alt + F10 or alt + F11 like it says it should.

Its also not showing up in KSP AVC (Im not sure if it is supposed to)

If I remove module manager, the menu shows up just fine. I even tried this with ONLY scatterer and module manager installed (plus the Squad and SquadExpansion folders)

There are some visual packs that disable the users ability to access the menu via a Module Manager cfg. My guess is you have AVP installed.

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There are some visual packs that disable the users ability to access the menu via a Module Manager cfg. My guess is you have AVP installed.

I did not know that.Good to know.

Edited by X1machinemaker1X

7 hours ago, Messier said:

If I change the atmosphere color of Kerbin via Kopernicus for example, will the scattering automatically change color or will I have to do this myself?

No the stock atmosphere and scatterer atmosphere are completely separate changing one won’t change the other

not sure who to go for asking about this(ive said over at the BDc thread aswell) but with scatterer installed, theres a few issues with the camera display in the BDc tracking ball MKmXHJV.png
is this problem with scatterer or BDc?
====
Nevermind, its a BDAc problem and its been reported  and known already

Edited by SparkyFox

On 3/24/2017 at 12:10 PM, eberkain said:

The only issue I am encountering when playing on a 10x rescale of GPP is a strange fuzzy blue line on the horizon when at low altitude, 1-2km, any higher and its completely gone.  Is there any way to adjust the config to fix this?

b8ECqWd.png

Having the same problem. Help?

2 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Having the same problem. Help?

I might be mistaken, but this looks tied to the specific Scatterer *pack* you are using and not Scatterer (though there's always a bit of artifacting at the horizon). Who made the rescale pack?

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I might be mistaken, but this looks tied to the specific Scatterer *pack* you are using and not Scatterer (though there's always a bit of artifacting at the horizon). Who made the rescale pack?

Its mine and ANY time you scale to anything bigger than say 3.2x,  you get the fuzzy line, especially at 10x. There is nothing that can be done until its fixed on scatterer's side, if its possible.

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Its mine and ANY time you scale to anything bigger than say 3.2x,  you get the fuzzy line, especially at 10x. There is nothing that can be done until its fixed on scatterer's side, if its possible.

xD thought as much yeah. To me though it honestly sounds as a small price to pay in respect to everything else it does so well.