Jump to content

[WIP][1.9.x-1.10.x-1.11.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (New preview build inside - 07/05/2021)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

After a little break I played KSP again. Did no changes to KSP or mods but now the Oceans have no water. What can happen this? Before I played weeks and everything was OK.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14517556/KSP.log.html

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14517557/Player.log.html

011d73-1615473099.png

 

 

Is there any chance KSP auto-updated?

Also, we cannot see your picture, you have to upload it to an image-hosting site like Imgur. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue as at @Cheesecake

Returned from an extended break, clean install of KSP, added some mods manually - Scatterer had no oceans. Disabling oceans from the in-game config and restarting the game "returns" the water.

Full clean game reinstall, mods via CKAN this time - same issue and same way to resolve it - just disable the oceans from the in-game config. Perhaps it is a mod incompatibility?

Here's some logs:

player.log

Mods installed in current install:

AntennaSleep (AntennaSleep 1.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.6.0)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.15)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.2.1)
Kabrams Sun Flare Orange Medium (KabramsSunFlaresPack-Orange-Medium 001)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.8.3)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.2)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0723)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS 1:V0.17.0.0)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.3.1)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scatterer is just gorgeous, but I am suspecting it to slow down my scene transitions by several minutes in my RSS/RO game. Uninstalling/reinstalling it does seem to speed things up but I cant really put my finger on it. Perhaps it is looking for Jool and Eve and stuff on a timeout?

Just to clarify, I dont mind losing framerate for pretty pictures, but transitions are kind of annoying especially in the minutes range

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this will help

@Scatterer_planetsList:FOR[RealSolarSystem]:NEEDS[Scatterer]
{
  @scattererCelestialBodies
  {
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Kerbin]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Duna]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Jool]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Eve]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Kerbin]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Kerbin]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Kerbin]
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Kerbin]
  }

  @celestialLightSourcesData
  {
    -Item:HAS[#celestialBodyName[Jool]
  }
}

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solved my issue with scatterer. Reinstalling JNSQ did it. It seems the scatterer-configs in JNSQ were corrupt.

Edit: Didn`t work. After starting KSP new the issue is back.

Edited by Cheesecake
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

Is there a way to turn off/scale back the water choppiness? It's a little too dramatic, feels like it's a storm at all times.

yeah -- once you're in-game, there's a "wind" setting (at least I think that's what it is) that controls the wave height. The default setting is pretty brisk.

Alt-f11 in the Oceans tab.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

yeah -- once you're in-game, there's a "wind" setting (at least I think that's what it is) that controls the wave height. The default setting is pretty brisk.

Alt-f11 in the Oceans tab.

Roger that. I was able to fiddle with the values that seemed to pertain to waves. I'm not quite satisfied yet but now I know I can fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 2:00 PM, Darojax said:

Hello! I have the same problem as a previous user, I've tried many different sunflares but none of them look like googled sceenshots, instead they all look faded like this:

Kerbal-Space-Program-Screenshot-2021-02-18-19-08-19-99 — ImgBB (ibb.co)

I found the problem. It's simply the first flaresetting value in the sun.cfg file in Scatterer/configs/Sunflares that needs to be adjusted.

Original value for my flare was:

        flareSettings = 0.5, 1 , 1.15
I changed it to:

        flareSettings = 1 , 1 , 1.15
and it looks great. : )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @blackrack! I've been using Scatterer for years , but only now have I faced this issue in 1.11.2. I use JNSQ, and recently when loading the oceans on Kerbin disappear and the sky turns black. I posted the issue on your Github:

Scattering effects not loading in JNSQ · Issue #120 · LGhassen/Scatterer (github.com)

 

Hopefully we can fix this issue, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Do you have the latest Kopernicus?

Release 36 of RTB's stable branch. Has there been a new release since then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest release of the stable branch is 37 I think. You may also want to check that your JNSQ install has all the necessary configs. If you edited the sky or ocean previously you may want to double-check that the JNSQ configs still have the "JNSQTag = True" in them. I don't believe Scatterer keeps those tags if you edit anything from in-game. You might also have conflicting configs somewhere but I'm not sure where. Your Gamedata folder looks pretty clean. Worst case scenario, you can always try reinstalling JNSQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

The latest release of the stable branch is 37 I think. You may also want to check that your JNSQ install has all the necessary configs. If you edited the sky or ocean previously you may want to double-check that the JNSQ configs still have the "JNSQTag = True" in them. I don't believe Scatterer keeps those tags if you edit anything from in-game. You might also have conflicting configs somewhere but I'm not sure where. Your Gamedata folder looks pretty clean. Worst case scenario, you can always try reinstalling JNSQ.

I checked the configs and they have JNSQTag = True on them, but I'll reinstall JNSQ anyways. I used to click on "rebuild ocean" when splashing down at night (to get rid of some flickering in the water). Could this be causing issues in the configs, or making Scatterer think it's in stock Kerbin?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emilius73 said:

I checked the configs and they have JNSQTag = True on them, but I'll reinstall JNSQ anyways. I used to click on "rebuild ocean" when splashing down at night (to get rid of some flickering in the water). Could this be causing issues in the configs, or making Scatterer think it's in stock Kerbin?

With JNSQ, I had a similar issue, I think - after I manually edited some ocean stuff, on the next load the ocean was gone. I think I just reinstalled scatterer to fix it, although I'm not positive about that. I may have also reinstalled JNSQ configs related to oceans... Now, however, something got rid of JNSQ's very nice sun flare and I don't know how to get it back! :(

YMMV

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

With JNSQ, I had a similar issue, I think - after I manually edited some ocean stuff, on the next load the ocean was gone. I think I just reinstalled scatterer to fix it, although I'm not positive about that. I may have also reinstalled JNSQ configs related to oceans... Now, however, something got rid of JNSQ's very nice sun flare and I don't know how to get it back! :(

YMMV

My theory is that by editing the files you trick scatterer into thinking you’re in stock Kerbin, so it uses its stock Kerbin configs. What I suggest you do is reinstall both JNSQ and Scatterer, and not touch ANYTHING in the scatterer settings menu to avoid this. Maybe that can help

edit: Yep, that was the most likely cause. Haven't had issues since.

Edited by Emilius73
added fix results :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is something that is known, but when you are in an eclipse (for example around the Mun and Kerbin blocks the sun), all light sources are blocked and you can't see anything anymore. Even the space station I was docking with in full light cones of four spotlights turned pitch black and I could only see the outlines against the milkyway skybox. Even window lights on my vessel got much darker. I use Scatterer, PlanetShine and DistantObjects.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi-

So I’ve run into a bug with scatter. With it installed, the water ceases to exist! Well...it’s still ‘there’ I can splash down in it, but there’s nothing there.

I installed it using CKAN on ksp 1.11.1. I switched compatible game versions to 1.8.1. Maybe that had something to do with it? 

Other installed visuals are planetshine, EVE, distant object enhancement and parallax.  I will try to upload my log when I get home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for help with an issue I ran into with a rescaled system, 10X to be specific. At high altitudes in atmosphere, and 20km out of (atmo ends at 140km) crafts are HEAVILY shaded blue until you pass 160km at which point it suddenly clears up. I've dug around github and here without any luck. Does anyone know what's going on or if there's a setting that will affect it?

 

https://imgur.com/a/MTSkpb5

Edited by y2kcobrar
pics
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, y2kcobrar said:

Looking for help with an issue I ran into with a rescaled system, 10X to be specific. At high altitudes in atmosphere, and 20km out of (atmo ends at 140km) crafts are HEAVILY shaded blue until you pass 160km at which point it suddenly clears up. I've dug around github and here without any luck. Does anyone know what's going on or if there's a setting that will affect it?

 

https://imgur.com/a/MTSkpb5

Are you using any visual mods with their own scatterer configs? I had the same problem on 6.4x, but deleting the new config fixed it. Still don't know what the real problem was, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, Beetlecat said:

yeah -- once you're in-game, there's a "wind" setting (at least I think that's what it is) that controls the wave height. The default setting is pretty brisk.

Alt-f11 in the Oceans tab.

So wind speed is what controls how high splashed down craft bounces?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...