[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I have the same problems of the previous version... :( If it can be useful my graphic card is an ATI R7 240 with windows 7 64bit.

On 26/1/2016 at 11:36 PM, RaffaCT14 said:

That problem appears only with opengl, when I play without it there are only a lot of artifacts. :D

image.jpg

I'll wait the new version of the mod. Thank you for the help yesterday! :)

On 26/1/2016 at 1:00 AM, RaffaCT14 said:

Hi guys, I have this problem.

image.jpg

Too much resolution for the ocean, I see all the detailed waves even at maximum height. I have the 1.0.5 version clean with only scattered, opengl and popup window. Can you help me?

Edited by RaffaCT14

40 minutes ago, RaffaCT14 said:

I have the same problems of the previous version... :( If it can be useful my graphic card is an ATI R7 240 with windows 7 64bit.

I'll keep looking into it, for now all I can suggest is to try a different video mode or different settings for KSP or for your graphics driver.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

It doesn't, the stock sunglare is rendered behing objects by default, it doesn't actually check if it's behind mountains or not, only checks for nearby objects and celestial objects, definitely works with raycasting also.

There is definitely something that squad doe with celestial bodies in scaled space, but I. Can't recall for macro space. You might very well be correct. Hmmm... This is s tricky one...

5 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

There is definitely something that squad doe with celestial bodies in scaled space, but I. Can't recall for macro space. You might very well be correct. Hmmm... This is s tricky one...

For now I'm doing a depth buffer check for macro space, it's not really expensive by itself, but these depth buffer checks are adding up in all the shaders...

3 minutes ago, skykooler said:

@blackrack, could you sample whichever renderlayer the terrain draws on and see whether there's something where the sun is?

That's more or less what raycasting does, but with simplified colliders for the sake of performance. In this case far-away mountains have colliders disabled.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

That's more or less what raycasting does, but with simplified colliders for the sake of performance. In this case far-away mountains have colliders disabled.

Yeah, but you already know it's rendering (because it shows up on screen), so wouldn't that make sure it works, whether there's a collider or not?

14 minutes ago, blacsky33 said:

The new version of SAS is really good, gj. I just test stockalike solar system mod and it's not compatible.

In the other hand : sve + scatterer + eve + planetshine work perfectly.

Any plan to make all work together ? 

Technically stockalike solar system mod should work, but someone has to make the configs for it. Unless you're getting errors or something else.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, maculator said:

So i too got a messed up ocean couldn't find a fix :(

I'm running it in 32bit on a R9 390 no opengl.

Reveal hidden contents

n2uewRU.png

Is there anyone with a GCN-GPU from AMD who doesnt get those rain like artifacts? I remember reading about those problems several times...

The R9-280X is GCN. I have a HD 7970 (same thing, different name) and everyone else stating their GPU together with those rain like artifacts had GCN, too. But if thats not the root cause (since you dont have this kind of artifacts) im clueless again what could help to smash this bug...

So it looks like both the stock scaled space and terrain shaders support multiple light sources (overexposed for testing):

The stock sky doesn't but for the scatterer sky we're already covered 

Looks like I have all the tools to get planetshine working. Only thing that is missing is making the light intensity vary with the phases of the moon/other light source. The issue is that I can't adjust the intensity of the light independently for planets lit by the same light. Also the light is assumed to be a point light for now, I will try changin it later to a spotlight so objects on the dark side of the reflecting moon don't get lit.

On 2/9/2016 at 1:58 AM, nandhii said:

Hi me too i have a bug of black artifact :/ with R9 290X Tri-X OC 4Gi Vram screen 

On 2/8/2016 at 10:42 PM, Elthy said:

The R9-280X is GCN. I have a HD 7970 (same thing, different name) and everyone else stating their GPU together with those rain like artifacts had GCN, too. But if thats not the root cause (since you dont have this kind of artifacts) im clueless again what could help to smash this bug...

On 2/8/2016 at 10:50 PM, Joco223 said:

@Elthy I will post the pic of my bug as soon as i get home to my PC :)

I will check this out. I haven't tried to fix this yet but I believe this bug is related to the other ocean bug I just fixed, I believe both are caused by faulty mipmaps. I cannot replicate this bug on my machine but I will try to post other versions here for you guys to test.

Edited by blackrack

On 2/6/2016 at 1:34 PM, Deizelpunk said:

Damn! Can we get a craft file!?

it's unfortunately bugged to hell, and I was only able to get it out to the ocean using hack grav AND hyperedit, and even then it crashed on physics load the next time I went back to it. I'll put it up on kerbalx if you really want, but I don't advise using this file.

12 hours ago, blackrack said:

I will check this out. I haven't tried to fix this yet but I believe this bug is related to the other ocean bug I just fixed, I believe both are caused by faulty mipmaps. I cannot replicate this bug on my machine but I will try to post other versions here for you guys to test.

thanks !  :0.0:

13 hours ago, blackrack said:

Looks like I have all the tools to get planetshine working.

Nice! Make sure @Valerian knows about this, as although his mod adds planetshine to crafts, he was also planning on doing it for planets as well. Blackrack do you plan to have the light reflect onto crafts as well?

Hi blackrack, just a quick one. It seems that the scattering effects hides the city lights from EVE on the night side of a planet in map view, but they are still visible from orbit. I couldn't see this mentioned in the know issues and couldn't see it in the most recent pages, so apologies if you already know about this