[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Hi everyone,

I'm getting some problems with the scatterer sunflare not showing up on one of my custom stars, and seems to produce a glitching effect around the star (shown as an orange band).

screenshot31.png?dl=1

I have no idea what's causing this, although my other star worked just fine with a sunflare.

Here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/21ylk8ok2p8czq3/output_log.txt?dl=0

and here's the config: https://www.dropbox.com/s/33vvarqvzkcmpgz/Kendulon.cfg?dl=0

Hello guys, can you help me with anti-aliasing settings with scatterer ? These edges occur despite I have full graphics and aa settings via Nvidia Gfc exp.

Any suggestions how to get rid of these? After that I ll be happy, becouse it would look awesome.

21682748_10203471255019287_1489173165_o.

9 minutes ago, GoodHunter14 said:

I installed RVE/RO/RSS (ksp 1.2.2) through ckan. This is the result:

d5krzsJ.png

Help?

RSSVE is a no-no via CKAN and I have no clue how it is on CKAN in the first place. 

Anyways, this is not scatterer's "fault" or anything but making sure your dependancies work with the correct version.

Install RSSVE manually from here: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSVE/releases/tag/v1.2.2.1622-RC4 (drop RSSVE folder in gamedata after unzipping)

Install correct scatterer version for 1.2.2 from here: https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer/download/0.0320 (drop scatterer in gamedata folder after unzipping)

it then is assured to work correctly. 

Also please provide logs and mod details next time you report some issues you have as this would help mod devs and other people looking to help you as well as show your general interest in receiving efficient support :)

47 minutes ago, Theysen said:

RSSVE is a no-no via CKAN and I have no clue how it is on CKAN in the first place. 

Anyways, this is not scatterer's "fault" or anything but making sure your dependancies work with the correct version.

Install RSSVE manually from here: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSVE/releases/tag/v1.2.2.1622-RC4 (drop RSSVE folder in gamedata after unzipping)

Install correct scatterer version for 1.2.2 from here: https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer/download/0.0320 (drop scatterer in gamedata folder after unzipping)

it then is assured to work correctly. 

Also please provide logs and mod details next time you report some issues you have as this would help mod devs and other people looking to help you as well as show your general interest in receiving efficient support :)

Thanks it works! But there are no clouds?

EDIT: Yup I think I broke it. Saturn has no rings as well. What is usually the cause of this?

EDIT2 : sorry, i cant upload the log, google drive gives me an error everytime i try to upload it.

Edited by GoodHunter14

1 hour ago, GoodHunter14 said:

Yeah i give up, I wasted 2 hours for nothing. Nothing works today i guess.

Could you post a picture of the inside of your gamedata folder? Bit nicer'n trying to upload a long log, and it may give us something to go on as far as troubleshooting. And really, the log, too, if you can figure out how to get it to upload.

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

Could you post a picture of the inside of your gamedata folder? Bit nicer'n trying to upload a long log, and it may give us something to go on as far as troubleshooting. And really, the log, too, if you can figure out how to get it to upload.

Here is the log file (guess I need to use dropbox for this, thanks Google -_-): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnn7536f9rfjqq3/KSP.log?dl=0

Here is a picture with the mods: 

83hH1AJ.png

Honestly I could've just looked in the log as well and see what's wrong with the mods but I guess I'm too lazy to do so, shame on me. There are about 95k lines. Saw some warnings here and there. Didn't look further in the log after the warnings.

Edited by GoodHunter14
Grammar

13 hours ago, GoodHunter14 said:

I installed RVE/RO/RSS (ksp 1.2.2) through ckan. This is the result:

d5krzsJ.png

Help?

Well, first, RSSVE on CKAN is a no-go. 

Secondly, While you are in the RSS thread, read the last couple of pages. A guy had the same issue and it was resolved. Go there to find your answers. If the steps there don't help you, take your issue up on the RSSVE thread.  

Hi all,

Just curious, what is the typical frame dip using scatterer for some of you?? I am noticing while sitting at the runway, without scatterer I am averaging 75 fps/ and hitting highs of 125 and lows of like 40 and with it on I am averaging about 30-40.

This is with:

i7-7700k + RX 480 8GB OC version + Windows 10 + 16 GB RAM + KSP_x64.exe

Curious if this is the typical for KSP + scatterer or if I am running into an anomaly for what my system can handle. 

Thanks.

Casey

5 minutes ago, SpaceSmith said:

Hi all,

Just curious, what is the typical frame dip using scatterer for some of you?? I am noticing while sitting at the runway, without scatterer I am averaging 75 fps/ and hitting highs of 125 and lows of like 40 and with it on I am averaging about 30-40.

This is with:

Curious if this is the typical for KSP + scatterer or if I am running into an anomaly for what my system can handle. 

Thanks.

Casey

That's typical if you don't disable the water refraction in the main menu. It eats FPS for lunch.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

That's typical if you don't disable the water refraction in the main menu. It eats FPS for lunch.

Okay, to be clear we are talking about the REFRACTION not the REFLECTIONS? So I should be able to leave that on and be fine??

I also seem to have a very odd bug where whenever I am flying over water (close enough) my entire ship ends up outlined in a thin band of white. Its very weird.

1 minute ago, SpaceSmith said:

Okay, to be clear we are talking about the REFRACTION not the REFLECTIONS? So I should be able to leave that on and be fine??

I also seem to have a very odd bug where whenever I am flying over water (close enough) my entire ship ends up outlined in a thin band of white. Its very weird.

Yeah REFRACTIONS kill fps. I'll need to see a screenshot of your other issue.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:33 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Is there a way to "reduce" the effects but keep them?

not currently. They can only be toggled on/off in the main menu. There has been no plans that I've seen posted to make them tweakable although given that this latest release is still a beta for the refraction shaders this may not be out of the question for future releases

On 9/17/2017 at 9:05 AM, SpaceSmith said:

Hi all,

This is with:

Thanks.

Casey

I have rx480 8gb+ i7 4770+ 16 gb and get around 30-60 

40 at ksc

30 just drops around kerin

60 in space/ looking up while in flight 

Just to be clear, If I am running KSP 1.3.0, the latest version of Kopernicus (release-1.3.0-6), latest OPM-Galileo (1.2.1),  Stock Visual Enhancements (1.2.5.0) and an SVE texture pack, latest EVE (1.2.2-1), latest scatterer (v0.0320b)...

Which scatterer config (the one with SVE, or the default Scatterer)?

On 9/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Galileo said:

Yes, that is an issue. If you use v0.0300 in 1.3, the ocean shaders absolutely have to be disabled or you will get floating terrain tiles or what you see in your screenshots.

I"m still getting flying tiles using ksp 1.3, scatterer-0.0320b, RSSVE-1.2.2.1622-RC4. From what I can see, latest scatterer does not fix this issue. I've checked, double-checked, reinstalled fresh ksp but no dice.

For me, I have no interest playing without RSS and RSSVE, but the game is unplayable with floating tiles.
Just thought I'd mention before dumping the game and moving on.
Thanks.

17 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Just to be clear, If I am running KSP 1.3.0, the latest version of Kopernicus (release-1.3.0-6), latest OPM-Galileo (1.2.1),  Stock Visual Enhancements (1.2.5.0) and an SVE texture pack, latest EVE (1.2.2-1), latest scatterer (v0.0320b)...

Which scatterer config (the one with SVE, or the default Scatterer)?

The SVE one?? If you are using SVE, why wouldn't it be that one?

50 minutes ago, Observe said:

I"m still getting flying tiles using ksp 1.3, scatterer-0.0320b, RSSVE-1.2.2.1622-RC4. From what I can see, latest scatterer does not fix this issue. I've checked, double-checked, reinstalled fresh ksp but no dice.

For me, I have no interest playing without RSS and RSSVE, but the game is unplayable with floating tiles.
Just thought I'd mention before dumping the game and moving on.
Thanks.

I have seen you post about this the last couple of days, and the only thing I can think of is that you aren't actually on 1.3. The latest scatterer version absolutely fixed the floating terrain. I haven't seen a single report of it since 0.0320b came out and if I have, it was was always the user was on the wrong version. Also, I don't think you have posted any logs yet, so I haven't been able to look at what version you are using.

Edited by Galileo