[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

3 hours ago, Abedshehabi said:

Thank you so much for updating Scatterer to 1.8! It seems like the problems from the previous version are fixed. However, I do get this effect on Laythe:

https://imgur.com/Qt0mTmK - It seems like when I view Laythe at a certain angle, it turns purple.

Is this a minor bug or is this what's supposed to happen?

Looks normal

Edited by blackrack

The current version seems stable, I'm releasing it for 1.8, it's currently uploading on SpaceDock, I'll stick around to fix any issues. Enjoy.

Also, I have to say the new terrain shaders and Unity update look great, can't wait to see if there are any new Unity features I can take advantage of.

Edited by blackrack

@Xein That's not Duna. I don't remember which planet it is, but it's from a planet pack, and the author posted it a while back to show the differences with the setting on and off. I thought it was neat and shows the setting well so I saved it.

Maybe someone here will recognize it.

Edited by blackrack

Just now, blackrack said:

@Xein That's not Duna. I don't remember which planet it is, but it's from a planet pack, and the author posted it a while back to show the differences with the setting on and off. I thought it was neat and shows the setting well so I saved it.

Ah okay, my bad. Thanks for the response though :)

I might have a bug report I found last night in my testing. Seems like I'm only a few minutes late :/

im seeing a lot of null on bodies with oceans in a stock + scatterer install. Anyone else having that issue? It doesn't slow down performance, I only noticed it when I opened the console. Logs say something about the ocean node. After I do a little digging, I'll submit my report.

Edited by Galileo

Thanks for another swift and terrific update, @blackrack! :-D

One quick question though; just out of curiosity. I saw on reddit that you were working on heat refractions for ksp engines (and it looks totally awesome!) 

I also saw a separate branch on Github called ‘heatRefractions’. Is this something you’re still thinking about implementing, or is it (semi-)permanently shelved? No rush, just curious :-)

2 minutes ago, Leophos said:

Thanks for another swift and terrific update, @blackrack! :-D

One quick question though; just out of curiosity. I saw on reddit that you were working on heat refractions for ksp engines (and it looks totally awesome!) 

I also saw a separate branch on Github called ‘heatRefractions’. Is this something you’re still thinking about implementing, or is it (semi-)permanently shelved? No rush, just curious :-)

It is in the works, I won't say more for now ;)

10 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Wait a minute. Did I use Kopernicus for no reason all this time? Was Scatterer always independent of it? My framerate issues...

I died laughing! Oh, man! Scatter has ALWAYS been independent lol

58 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Wait a minute. Did I use Kopernicus for no reason all this time? Was Scatterer always independent of it? My framerate issues...

giphy.gif

Scatterer's framerate just depends on what configs you're using for it. They usually go together because people who are making planet packs want them to have atmospheric effects (same with EVE). If nothing's changed, the biggest framerate guzzler is usually scatterer's water shader. I've always thought it'd be nice if KS3P, Scatterer, and EVE would get combined into a joint mod. KS3P adds in the stock Unity post-process shaders that SQUAD pulled out, and Scatterer is the KSP version of a Unity port of Proland.

@blackrack This reminds me: have you checked out Scrawk's new/old/revised ocean shader to see if it performs better? https://github.com/Scrawk/Ceto

Edited by Electrocutor

36 minutes ago, DisplayerHubble said:

https://imgur.com/a/eXQpbyG - Duna has this peculiar, uneven haze layer when using scatterer (no EVE) - is this just the new look? It bothers me, and was wondering if this was something with 1.8. 

It's always looked more or less like that for me. If you don't like it, you could find planetsList.cfg and change flatScaledSpaceModel to true for Duna.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:18 AM, Galileo said:

I died laughing! Oh, man! Scatter has ALWAYS been independent lol

I usually have OPM or Realistic atmospheres, but not always, and I never removed Kopernicus... somehow I forgot what requires it and what doesn't. Oh, boy...

4 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

Perhaps the problem is in another modification. Why did you decide that the problem is with this mod?

Because, when scatterer is off I don't see the glitch.

It could also be scatterer that make a hidden problem in kopernicus apparent.

But I can't see the problem, because I check the planet config and the planet normal map multiple times and it's seems  fine.  I don't have access to my planet config, texture and the kopernicus log right now. I will have access to it tomorrow.