[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

29 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

@blackrackI'll see if there are any bugs. But the new menu for it is very nice and It seems to be working very well with AVP. Although, when I really test I need Kopernicus and EVE to be officially updated to 1.9.1. 

So far I've seen no problems and It works really well. 

Thanks, It's compatible with 1.8.1 btw

Hello there, (i also put this on github including log file)

I just tried ckan and i have an issue with the latest shatterer.
Before i was using RTB his version wich worked great.

i tried shatterer alone without spectra and have thesame issue.

I am playing on the latest steam version.
now i have this issue:

Spoiler

Mods installed:

Spoiler

6D2apPh.png

Edited by plakman

28 minutes ago, plakman said:

Hello there, (i also put this on github including log file)

I just tried ckan and i have an issue with the latest shatterer.
Before i was using RTB his version wich worked great.

i tried shatterer alone without spectra and have thesame issue.

I am playing on the latest steam version.
now i have this issue:

Reveal hidden contents

Mods installed:

Reveal hidden contents

6D2apPh.png

Idk what I'm looking at but I'm guessing you are underwater and have an outdatted config with the ocean darknessDepth set at zero or something like that, and well... it gets dark

Actually just Idk what I'm looking at, seriously there's not enough context, your vessel is destroyed and you are 40m underwater going 700m/s and the video is 10s of black

Edited by blackrack

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Idk what I'm looking at but I'm guessing you are underwater and have an outdatted config with the ocean darknessDepth set at zero or something like that, and well... it gets dark

Actually just Idk what I'm looking at, seriously there's not enough context, your vessel is destroyed and you are 40m underwater going 700m/s and the video is 10s of black

I am kind of doubting it makes a difference, but I started a new game when I tested your scatterer, and thus was not in flight etc.  Maybe a factor?

10 hours ago, blackrack said:

Uhm sorry,

Theres these white bubbles or whatever you can call it all over the place popping in and out.
Or splashes or however you wanna call it.

It's better visible if you open it up on youtube itself for the increased quality

Edit:

This is a picture of it in daylight.

Spoiler

slr778S.jpg

Edited by plakman

31 minutes ago, plakman said:

Uhm sorry,

Theres these white bubbles or whatever you can call it all over the place popping in and out.
Or splashes or however you wanna call it.

It's better visible if you open it up on youtube itself for the increased quality

Edit:

This is a picture of it in daylight.

Reveal hidden contents

slr778S.jpg

That's called "whitecaps", as in https://www.google.com/search?q=ocean+whitecaps&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiyisTM1_voAhUEXxoKHWq5CUUQ2-cCegQIABAA&bih=771&biw=1487

Edited by blackrack

12 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Yep, basically air turbulence (like on the ocean) causes them.  They are a real thing.

My version had them too.... or so I hope it did, anyways.

Edited by R-T-B

28 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

My version had them too.... or so I hope it did, anyways.

They were working but slightly bugged (becoming invisible sometimes). They can be turned up or down, but would look better with a wavier ocean.

Edited by blackrack

I swear I saw them on my card, must've been one of those conditional invisibility things (or me mentally blocking bugs... lol.)  Still, good to know it's working now.

Edited by R-T-B

Hi@R-T-Band @blackrack 

it seems I found incompatibility between Vessel Viewer Continued  and the new version of scatterer (0.06).

with the previous version of the scatterter, the raster prop monitor (in cockpit dashboard) displayed an vessel image, but with the new one there is none (blackscreen)

i dont know why, but it is scatterer (i run game 5 times, install old and new scatterer)

--------------------------------------------

I also wrote about the problem in the Vessel Viewer Continued topic

------

my game version is 1.9.1.2788+1.4.1. breaking ground

--------

new scatterer 0.06

ec7ee932d91c.png

old scatterer 

4f65a1cde568.png

the same spaceplane

6bc38bd455b7.png

Edited by *MajorTom*

11 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

Hi@R-T-Band @blackrack 

it seems I found incompatibility between Vessel Viewer Continued  and the new version of scatterer (0.06).

with the previous version of the scatterter, the raster prop monitor (in cockpit dashboard) displayed an vessel image, but with the new one there is none (blackscreen)

i dont know why, but it is scatterer (i run game 5 times, install old and new scatterer)

--------------------------------------------

I also wrote about the problem in the Vessel Viewer Continued topic

------

my game version is 1.9.1.2788+1.4.1. breaking ground

Can you disable scatterer's long-distance shadows (and restart) and the game's reflection probes and see if it makes any difference?

@blackrack

i m disable reflections here (reflection refresh mode off)

f36dff828280.png

in scatterer (sky reflections)

ce1f17c316ab.png

and all shadows off

54e0cb455ceb.png

restart game

but bug the same - blackscreen in Vessel Viewer

----------------------------

also found strange bug in SCANSAT monitor

- white lines in the middle, they changed then I move camera

858122fafa64.png

f9922a129f5e.png

131f89818f2f.png

---------------------

but no lines if i open big scansat map (not cockpit just map). here difference: (plus i can remove orbits in big map -it is not noise) 

9ac872f6a076.png

Edited by *MajorTom*

3 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

@blackrack

i m disable reflections here (reflection refresh mode off)

in scatterer (sky reflections)

and all shadows off

restart game

but bug the same - blackscreen in Vessel Viewer

----------------------------

also found strange bug in SCANSAT monitor

- white lines in the middle, they changed then I move camera

------------------

but no lines if i open big scansat map (not cockpit just map). here difference: (plus i can remove orbits in big map -it is not noise)

Thanks, this is very complete. Can you just check if you have this kind of message in your log: "Added reflection probe fixer" with those graphical settings disabled

2 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

also cameras bugs landed

but ok in flight.

landed water at runway

flight ok

Are you sure this is a scatterer bug? It looks like your cameras are clipping through the floor or the clipping planes on the cameras are set a bit far (ie this would happen without scatterer in that case)

Edited: @MajorTom can you test this out? https://easyupload.io/v6jef0

Edited by blackrack

@blackrack

1) ok. disabled . add your new scatterer.dll

and again vessel viewer black screen....

//Can you just check if you have this kind of message in your log: "Added reflection probe fixer" with those graphical settings disabled

i check it - no this line in my logs:

https://easyupload.io/5l023u

2) sorry,  please forget about scansat. it looks like this line not a bug -but trajectory of many passes  near planet in "far far far.....future" for Kerbin escape trajectory (untill spaceship) not leave Kerbin :confused:. Why this i dunno , but it not scatterer problem, looks like scansat "feature"

3) ok try to check it "water on runway +cam" scatterer problem or not. i try it this way:

in scatterer

5f4f5522ba2a.png

224f0029a18a.png

88a867e2ff11.png

THEN uninstal scatterer folder and this test show what "water flood" NOT are scatterer problem BUT:

7bd023d81cb7.png

BUT vessel viewer with deleted scatterer folder start works again...so Vessel Viewer black window problem -is 100% scatterer problem

90b2e5a780a2.png

Edited by *MajorTom*

9 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

@blackrack

//Can you just check if you have this kind of message in your log: "Added reflection probe fixer" with those graphical settings disabled

2) sorry,  please forget about scansat. it looks like this line not a bug -but trajectory of many passes  near planet in "far far far.....future" for Kerbin escape trajectory (untill spaceship) not leave Kerbin :confused:. Why this i dunno , but it not scatterer problem, looks like scansat "feature"

3) ok try to check it "water on runway +cam" scatterer problem or not. i try it this way:

in scattere

THEN uninstal scatterer folder and this test show what "water flood" NOT are scatterer problem BUT:

BUT vessel viewer with deleted scatterer folder start works again...so Vessel Viewer black window problem -is 100% scatterer problem

Well I'm stumped because the .dll I sent you fixes the issue for me, but let's try a different one anyway, delete all previous scatterer.sll files and try this: https://easyupload.io/rx2r6p

I had the same problem. Replacing .dll from this post - helped me!

16 hours ago, blackrack said:

Thanks, this is very complete. Can you just check if you have this kind of message in your log: "Added reflection probe fixer" with those graphical settings disabled

Are you sure this is a scatterer bug? It looks like your cameras are clipping through the floor or the clipping planes on the cameras are set a bit far (ie this would happen without scatterer in that case)

Edited: @MajorTom can you test this out? https://easyupload.io/v6jef0

Thank you so much!!

Edited by Grem

Hi good people of the Earth!
I wrote an EVE and AVP thread in hope of finding a solution to my problem.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these terrible graphic artifacts? (inside spoiler) If possible.

Spoiler

screenshot90.png

screenshot65.png

image.jpg

I don’t know what kind of "Sigma". I not installed it ...

17 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

Hi good people of the Earth!
I wrote an EVE and AVP thread in hope of finding a solution to my problem.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these terrible graphic artifacts? (inside spoiler) If possible.

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot90.png

screenshot65.png

image.jpg

I don’t know what kind of "Sigma". I not installed it ...

Latest version of scatterer has a fix for it, so either AVP hasn't updated or it missed the memo on the fix (nobody reads the changelogs ;.;). In any case, go to your Kerbin atmo config and add this line: https://github.com/LGhassen/ScattererConfig/blob/master/config/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg#L6

Edited by blackrack

27 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Latest version of scatterer has a fix for it, so either AVP hasn't updated or it missed the memo on the fix (nobody reads the changelogs ;.;). In any case, go to your Kerbin atmo config and add this line: https://github.com/LGhassen/ScattererConfig/blob/master/config/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg#L6

Thank you very much! All perfectly! Hugs and kisses! I'm happy!

Spoiler

screenshot1.png

14 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

@blackrack

in scatterer

5f4f5522ba2a.png

224f0029a18a.png

88a867e2ff11.png

7bd023d81cb7.png

90b2e5a780a2.png

Getting same problem with camera views on Duna surface with my rovers.  Only happens on Duna and the ground constantly flashes in camera view...

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

Well I'm stumped because the .dll I sent you fixes the issue for me, but let's try a different one anyway, delete all previous scatterer.sll files and try this: https://easyupload.io/rx2r6p

@blackrackMan, You are the best ! Responsive guy who fixed everything so fast! last .dll fixes the bug! Can even turn on all the shadows. I like scatterer so much! it ok now!

da25589996b2.png