[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

22 hours ago, EchoLima said:

I reinstalled Scatterer but got the same issue again. unifiedCamShadowResolutionOverride = 8192

Here's the config:

Also, the log spam stops when in the SOI of a non-atmospheric body.

I have exatly the same error.

KSP 1.10.1
Mods: JNSQ, EVE-Redux, Kopernicus BE and a lot more but issue happened only with the last scatterer.

Log:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14399629/KSP.log.html

23 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I have exatly the same error.

KSP 1.10.1
Mods: JNSQ, EVE-Redux, Kopernicus BE and a lot more but issue happened only with the last scatterer.

Log:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14399629/KSP.log.html

As I said to him, can you test with scatterer only, no other mods?

Edited by blackrack

7 hours ago, Trung said:

anyone help me how to fix this. i had alt+f10 but don't have anything to setting

Check "How to report Issues" in the OP because I have no idea what's going on here

1 hour ago, ItsSnowyy said:

got this bug when i was doing reentry in in 1.11

Looks like it could be a godray bug, though I never encountered and I tested them for a long time. So if you have some reliable reproduction steps I'll take them

Edited by blackrack

18 hours ago, blackrack said:

Check "How to report Issues" in the OP because I have no idea what's going on here

Looks like it could be a godray bug, though I never encountered and I tested them for a long time. So if you have some reliable reproduction steps I'll take them

i have been trying to reproduce it but when it first happened i was around 25-15km sea level and after that it dissapeared

Edited by ItsSnowyy

3 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

Houston we have a problem! :(

Cloud configs have to be retouched slightly, as it says in the changelog I've actually fixed some issues where the clouds were getting treated as if they are at sea level, amomg other things, it requires a slight adjustment now that they're shaded differently.

For the log spam though, spectra doesn't do terrain shadows and that error appears when godrays are used without terrain shadows, guess I should add an explicit check

Edited by blackrack

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

Cloud configs have to be retouched slightly, as it says in the changelog I've actually fixed some issues where the clouds were getting treated as if they are at sea level, amomg other things, it requires a slight adjustment now that they're shaded differently.

Just to add more to this: while using Spectra, I encountered a continuously repeating "Error: RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0".  In the log, there's an associated "(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Graphics/RenderTexture.cpp Line: 386)". 

The errors don't seem to consistently show up in the same circumstances.  I've had them sometimes in orbit, sometimes on the launch pad.  I've also done new saves where they don't repeat in the same location as the previous save.  But they do seem to consistently happen around planets with clouds.  I suspect the inconsistency relates to how clouds are procedurally generated over time.

I did a reversion back to Scatter v0.0632, and the same types of errors pop up, so I think it's something peculiar to KSP 1.11.  Note in the KER thread, there's an issue related to dv calculations that seems to revolve around how KSP 1.11 now does decimal places for some math.

1 hour ago, KSPrynk said:

Just to add more to this: while using Spectra, I encountered a continuously repeating "Error: RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0".  In the log, there's an associated "(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Graphics/RenderTexture.cpp Line: 386)". 

The errors don't seem to consistently show up in the same circumstances.  I've had them sometimes in orbit, sometimes on the launch pad.  I've also done new saves where they don't repeat in the same location as the previous save.  But they do seem to consistently happen around planets with clouds.  I suspect the inconsistency relates to how clouds are procedurally generated over time.

I did a reversion back to Scatter v0.0632, and the same types of errors pop up, so I think it's something peculiar to KSP 1.11.  Note in the KER thread, there's an issue related to dv calculations that seems to revolve around how KSP 1.11 now does decimal places for some math.

So this is actually caused by godrays being passed a shadowmap resolution of 0, and the reason is these variables are missing from Spectra config, but the new version enables godrays by default if the config is missing. Either enable terrain shadows + the shadowmap resolution override, or disable godrays, that's it really.

40 minutes ago, blackrack said:

So this is actually caused by godrays being passed a shadowmap resolution of 0, and the reason is these variables are missing from Spectra config, but the new version enables godrays by default if the config is missing. Either enable terrain shadows + the shadowmap resolution override, or disable godrays, that's it really.

@Gameslinx, would disabling godrays be counter-productive, with the new Parallax terrain collision system?

Parallax biplanar mapping and collision development

20 hours ago, eberkain said:

when deep underwater you can see the clouds.  using EVE Redux

This is from -500m

Ah yes, this happens with eve-redux, haven't fixed it yet

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

This is a stupid question, but where do I find the settings for changing for example god rays and such stuff?

Here: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/wiki

hi, reporting what i think is a minor bug: when splashed down on laythe, it is possible to recover your craft (as if you were on kerbin). This behavior does not appear in the tracking station or for landed craft, only for active vessels that are landed. I did not test in stock, so it could be a stock bug, but I have seen changes relating to it in the changelog of your last update, this is why I am suspecting scatterer. It is clearly not game breaking and the workaround is simple : dont click da button.  Anyway: KSP 1.10.1 , scatterer 0.0722

1 hour ago, vinix said:

hi, reporting what i think is a minor bug: when splashed down on laythe, it is possible to recover your craft (as if you were on kerbin). This behavior does not appear in the tracking station or for landed craft, only for active vessels that are landed. I did not test in stock, so it could be a stock bug, but I have seen changes relating to it in the changelog of your last update, this is why I am suspecting scatterer. It is clearly not game breaking and the workaround is simple : dont click da button.  Anyway: KSP 1.10.1 , scatterer 0.0722

Oh, yeah that would probably be because of scatterer since I overrode the recovery requirements, have to check if any homeworld-related checks are done that I accidentally overrode. Is that from the pause menu or from the top button near the altimeter?

1 hour ago, siimav said:

@blackrack It looks like you haven't pushed the source code for the latest release back into the repo in GitHub. Is that intentional?

Indeed, I wrote some code for the godrays and the lightrays that I want to use for a commercial project, and I feel that having the source be public would undermine this project. I haven't decided what to do yet with the code but I might push everything else to the github repo, just without the godray/lightray part.

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Oh, yeah that would probably be because of scatterer since I overrode the recovery requirements, have to check if any homeworld-related checks are done that I accidentally overrode. Is that from the pause menu or from the top button near the altimeter?

In my case it is the top button above the altimeter.

aside from that, I have never heard or seen anything about recovering a vessel from the pause menu. I checked the wiki, and it says that the altimeter button and the tracking station are the only two options to recover a vessel. :huh: Is there something I missed?

2 hours ago, vinix said:

In my case it is the top button above the altimeter.

aside from that, I have never heard or seen anything about recovering a vessel from the pause menu. I checked the wiki, and it says that the altimeter button and the tracking station are the only two options to recover a vessel. :huh: Is there something I missed?

Nah there is nothing you missed, I'm just confusing them since I overrode the save settings from pause menu...