[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

6 minutes ago, Black-Two- said:

So wind speed is what controls how high splashed down craft bounces?

Not that so much -- that's KSP's dodgy game physics... :D  The wind speed just affects how rough the waves are, particularly important for craft trying to land/sit on the water if the surface interaction is active.

3 hours ago, Nemitis said:

Are you using any visual mods with their own scatterer configs? I had the same problem on 6.4x, but deleting the new config fixed it. Still don't know what the real problem was, though.

No, default config.  I've tried poking around in the config and the in game settings and nothing seems to affect it.

Hi. With the latest version of scatterer some older sun flares aren't working. (I use Astroniki's). Just wondering if there's a way to make it work again? Or if there are any other similar flares out there (and where)?

Once again, thanks for an amazing mod.

2 hours ago, HelloMaxxo said:

can i use it for 1.8.1, and what is the release that i can use it on?

Go to the first post in this thread, scroll down the page, and find the "Source" heading under which you'll see a link to GitHub.  Click on that link.

On the right-hand side of that GitHub page, at bottom of the "Releases" section you'll see a "+20 releases" link.  Click on it to get to a list of previous versions.  Read through the list and select the release that works for you.

If you've read this far and now understand the basic principles of finding older versions of many KSP mods, here's the link to the Scatterer GitHub page.

19 minutes ago, LaCompoteAndros said:

Is there scatterer for ksp 1.11.2 ?

IT WORKS IN 1.11.2, LAST RELEASE WAS FOR 1.11 SO IT STILL WORKS AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............

In all seriousness, most plugins as far back as 1.8 still work on 1.11.2, and Scatterer is one of them. So you're fine.

Here's a screenshot of Scatterer working perfectly fine in 1.11.1:
kGMdWuV.png

@SiCaRiO31 Go ahead, use both, they're designed to work with each other. Scatterer does atmospheric haze, realistic ocean surfaces, better eclipses than EVE, improved shadows, EVE Redux does clouds, aurorae, dust storms, city lights etc. No particular order to installation.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

On 4/8/2021 at 12:57 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

@SiCaRiO31 Go ahead, use both, they're designed to work with each other. Scatterer does atmospheric haze, realistic ocean surfaces, better eclipses than EVE, improved shadows, EVE Redux does clouds, aurorae, dust storms, city lights etc. No particular order to installation.

Thanks! It seems to work fine, except for the sunflare. It shows the stock sunflare, not the one I see in the screenshots. It seems to be enable both in the in-game config and in the config file. Anyone knows why it might be? I just have theese 2 mods installed, nothing else.

EDIT: It IS working, it just that the stock sun doesnt change, but I get the lens flare. Guess I need to find a diferent sun to install.

Edited by SiCaRiO31

On 2/27/2021 at 3:48 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

@Kwebib

For Kerbin, I set it to 0.4. Duna, 0.2. Eve, 1. Riga and Eeloo, 0.1. Huygen, 0.4. Jool, 0.8. Tylo and Laythe, 0.3. Lindor, 0.7. Nara, 0.8. 

These certainly aren't realistic, but they seem to work so far, at least on Kerbin. I haven't landed on the other bodies yet to test, but they should work.

The only good color shot on Kerbin I have so far:

(All the others were taken with a b/w filter in TUFX, as this particular save was still in the 1930's tech era when I deleted it to change mods)

It's just a light yellow tint, I think looks nice. Not too orange, but not annoyingly white. Just like my living room lights.

Thank you! It was a configuration issue after all!

Edited by RyanRising

On 3/30/2021 at 2:08 AM, Windh said:

Hi. With the latest version of scatterer some older sun flares aren't working. (I use Astroniki's). Just wondering if there's a way to make it work again? Or if there are any other similar flares out there (and where)?

Once again, thanks for an amazing mod.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:35 AM, SiCaRiO31 said:

Thanks! It seems to work fine, except for the sunflare. It shows the stock sunflare, not the one I see in the screenshots. It seems to be enable both in the in-game config and in the config file. Anyone knows why it might be? I just have theese 2 mods installed, nothing else.

EDIT: It IS working, it just that the stock sun doesnt change, but I get the lens flare. Guess I need to find a diferent sun to install.

Hi guys, have you found a solution? Has anyone managed to get the old sunflares to work correctly?? 

Edited by Grem

On 4/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, Weak Player said:

is there a way to make scatterer light to the gpu, like via settings?

If you mean reducing the hit to the GPU with the mod, you can try turning off some of the features either in the main menu GUI or in the scatterer/config/config.cfg file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya! So I have Scatterer in my game, but it seems to not be pulling its config from the right planets, only Laythe. No matter what planet I go to, it seems to be pulling its info from the Laythe config. Strange thing is that I swapped out the Laythe atmo.cfg with the .cfg from Kerbin and it did absoloutley nothing. Anyone got any tips on how to fix this? EeW7yIZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...