[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

6 hours ago, Platan said:

Same problem in 1.4.1 since the new update (0.0326). I have to disabled the Ocean Shaders to work

or just avoid using Scatterer for a week, Fixes will come, just gotta have patience, at first i thought it was a problem with SVE but Galileo pointed me here

So I tried doing mission to Laythe and I have an issue of Jool being seen through Laythe, I believe that Scatterer is responsible for this bug as it handles the visuals of the atmospheres of the planets. This also seems weird as the map view in game shows jool perfectly covered behind Laythe.

Here are the photos showing the bug and also the Scatterer settings I've put up inside the game's start menu:

https://imgur.com/a/uMGoF

38 minutes ago, Masterredlime said:

So I tried doing mission to Laythe and I have an issue of Jool being seen through Laythe, I believe that Scatterer is responsible for this bug as it handles the visuals of the atmospheres of the planets. This also seems weird as the map view in game shows jool perfectly covered behind Laythe.

Here are the photos showing the bug and also the Scatterer settings I've put up inside the game's start menu:

https://imgur.com/a/uMGoF

Known issue that the dev has already said he would fix in the next update.

19 hours ago, Andrey.gr said:

I have an opposite, sometimes Orbiting planet becomes too dimmed(almost black), and nothing helps, just removing all the graphics mods.

everytimes

On ‎25‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 11:23 PM, Galileo said:

Start by posting your output log and screenshot of your gamedata Folder

1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

um scatterer also has a blackout to the moons and stars. somtimes its either laythe or val. can that be fixed please

One page back, you have your answer.

Known issue on 1.4-1.4.1, on my list to fix.

@blackrack Sorry this is gonna be a kinda sloppy report, more of a heads up.  So you obviously know that other bodies have a tendency to be "eaten by the kraken" sometimes, but im also having an issue with the body im orbiting too. Complete blackness except for the sun. I've got SVE, EVE, and scatterer. Thought you should know. Mod works fine otherwise =)

Edited by Mark Kerbin

15 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@blackrack Sorry this is gonna be a kinda sloppy report, more of a heads up.  So you obviously know that other bodies have a tendency to be "eaten by the kraken" sometimes, but im also having an issue with the body im orbiting too. Complete blackness except for the sun. I've got SVE, EVE, and scatterer. Thought you should know. Mod works fine otherwise =)

Read the previous posts, this issue has been reported about a dozen times in the last week.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

3 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Read the previous posts, this issue has been reported about a dozen times in the last week.

Ah. Yes I saw that people had mentioned that the planets they were NOT currently orbiting having issues, didn't see any that mention the current planet glitching.

Alright, nobody panic, here is a hotfix update: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/releases/tag/v0.0328dev

This fixes:

-Universe becoming a void

-Flipped post-processing overlay and sunflare without AA on direct3d

-Jool visible through Laythe (and other planets visible through other planets etc)

Please test, I will make a full release soon, just going to fix a few more things.

Tks @blackrack! Ill be restarting my game and giving it a test shortly =P

I've been noticing a weird thing with textures;

When within load distance of more than 1 "vessel" (flags, KSC seem to count too) Textures start zfighting alot. Im not sure if its this mod but since it started up when I installed it probably is.

Ive got SVE EVE and the most recent offical release of scatterer.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

27 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

When within load distance of more than 1 "vessel" (flags, KSC seem to count too) Textures start zfighting alot. Im not sure if its this mod but since it started up when I installed it probably is.

Make a full report, with screenshots and everything, check the OP for how to report issues correctly.

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

Make a full report, with screenshots and everything, check the OP for how to report issues correctly.

I have submitted a report of the original issue and another issue i found while recreating original 

Best of luck