[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Sheer genius.....beautiful. ...

I am a rocket man at heart.....I cant stand the space planes but I just had to take one out for a fly around the mountains.

Youve literally added a new layer to KSP that ive always stayed away from and for that I thankyou :)

Not sure if new feature requests are being entertained, but I had an idea that I think would add a lot, for very little.

Would it be possible to set up the .cfgs to have ranges from which a random value is picked by the pluggin for some of the parameters like atmosphere diameter, air density or particle density.

I haven't tried messing with the cfg tool at all, so I don't know which variables do what. The goal here is to give slightly different looks to the atmospheric conditions on a per instance loading basis. Along with clouds from EVE, no two launches should ever look the same!

blackrack, I know this has been said many times in many ways, but I wanted to thank you for creating such a beautiful mod. My screenshots wouldn't be the same without Scatterer! I can't wait for the next update!

http://imgur.com/a/Q6Aqa

I think you could release a craft pack and it would be an instant hit. Those are beautiful!

Not sure if new feature requests are being entertained, but I had an idea that I think would add a lot, for very little.

Would it be possible to set up the .cfgs to have ranges from which a random value is picked by the pluggin for some of the parameters like atmosphere diameter, air density or particle density.

I haven't tried messing with the cfg tool at all, so I don't know which variables do what. The goal here is to give slightly different looks to the atmospheric conditions on a per instance loading basis. Along with clouds from EVE, no two launches should ever look the same!

You'd need to recompute the precomputed scattering tabels every time which isn't feasible ingame. Barring that, you could modify the postprocessing depth and the exposure settings but I don't think these can accomplish what you're looking for.

I think you could release a craft pack and it would be an instant hit. Those are beautiful!

Thirded

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

scatterer.Core.OnDestroy ()

And then a little later this is spammed in the log...

scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateNode ()

scatterer.Manager.Update ()

scatterer.Core.Update ()

And then a little bit later a little bit more spam...

scatterer.SkyNode.toggleCoronas ()

scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateNode ()

scatterer.Manager.Update ()

scatterer.Core.Update ()

This might be a bug or its conflicting with WIP EVE I'll do some troubleshooting when I get to my computer.

Edited by dudefinal

Yes. 10 chars

FAR is also having .update NullRefernceExceptions in my log so it might be conflicting with that?

Edit: What if this isn't a conflict? What if this is extremely common and it is the cause of the post process flashing?! :/ Doubt it...

Edited by dudefinal

I'm getting this a lot too, EVE Overhaul installed as well.
FAR is also having .update NullRefernceExceptions in my log so it might be conflicting with that?

Edit: What if this isn't a conflict? What if this is extremely common and it is the cause of the post process flashing?! :/ Doubt it...

This isn't a conflict and this isn't causing any issues, this is just the mod trying to update objects that don't exist yet or trying to deleted objects that have already been deleted...

This isn't a conflict and this isn't causing any issues, this is just the mod trying to update objects that don't exist yet or trying to deleted objects that have already been deleted...

Just found out this is a conflict with another mod. I don't know which one because of the crap ton of mods I have. I can however confirm that it is not a conflict with EVE or FAR. The NullReferenceExceptions create the black sky bug on my part. This is also caused by the conflict. I guess I can live with it. I shall experiment and figure out which mod is causing it next time I get on my computer.

EDIT: I started spewing NullReferenceExceptions after I installed the rest of the mods.

Edited by dudefinal

Just found out this is a conflict with another mod. I don't know which one because of the crap ton of mods I have. I can however confirm that it is not a conflict with EVE or FAR. The NullReferenceExceptions create the black sky bug on my part. This is also caused by the conflict. I guess I can live with it. I shall experiment and figure out which mod is causing it next time I get on my computer.

EDIT: I started spewing NullReferenceExceptions after I installed the rest of the mods.

I have the same problem. . . I believe it is a conflict with Tarsier Space Technology. Removing either TST or Scatterer fixes the black sky.

I experimented a bit with the atmosphere shader today.

Current shader:

C3BR8pA.jpg

New shader:

gWYEjJi.jpg

Setting 2:

fzVnG96.jpg

With EVE clouds:

tQ80ozP.jpg

New shader with EVE clouds:

kSsBm2e.jpg

Thoughts on this? Also I know everything is more or less getting the "sunset" tint for now but this will be fixed later to only areas actually in sunset.

I have the same problem. . . I believe it is a conflict with Tarsier Space Technology. Removing either TST or Scatterer fixes the black sky.

I'll look into it.