[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

Yeah, I did that to speed up testing. Not sure what you mean by lag time on the waves.

I see, I still prefer to run dx11 for the performance though.

From what I saw landing a sea plane in one piece is nearly impossible, all parts seem to have the splashing tolerance of a biscuit.

Its quite easy but you need a plane that can land at below 50ms, I've got one in my showcase.

By lag time I mean the time between when the wave looks to pass, and when the craft reacts. In the second video the craft seemed to react slower to the higher wave. It may just be tricking my eye but thats what it looks like.

20 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Its quite easy but you need a plane that can land at below 50ms, I've got one in my showcase.

By lag time I mean the time between when the wave looks to pass, and when the craft reacts. In the second video the craft seemed to react slower to the higher wave. It may just be tricking my eye but thats what it looks like.

There shouldn't be any lag time, that's just the time it takes it to float to the surface with it's buoyancy.

16 hours ago, blackrack said:

Craft-wave interactions, not sure how to embed .webms here

http://s1.webmshare.com/GyaEb.webm

http://s1.webmshare.com/99M1q.webm

Probably I'll just remove the stock splashing effect for now, it's static and a performance hog.

Way, way too awesome.

10 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Where's the f-14?

Just about to land in my dreams ;) Seriously hard to land on a carrier I have not managed yet, several close calls and I am using the stock gull, I am making this for enigma's Contract Pack, Give Airplanes a Purpose

Does anyone else have this very disruptive bug where the game crawls to <1 frame per second? It was working fine (occasionally popping up, but it eventually went away) and then it just started happening endlessly. The scatterer skies go off, wait 4 seconds, then the skies reappear, you get control for half a second, then you wait 4 more seconds as the scatterer effect bugs out again, and repeat? Sometimes it is fixable by reverting (when you get control every 4 seconds) to the VAB, but sometimes it persists almost endlessly. There doesn't seem to be any logspam. Speaking of which, HERE's the log.

Edited by GregroxMun

21 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Does anyone else have this very disruptive bug where the game crawls to <1 frame per second? It was working fine (occasionally popping up, but it eventually went away) and then it just started happening endlessly. The scatterer skies go off, wait 4 seconds, then the skies reappear, you get control for half a second, then you wait 4 more seconds as the scatterer effect bugs out again, and repeat? Sometimes it is fixable by reverting (when you get control every 4 seconds) to the VAB, but sometimes it persists almost endlessly. There doesn't seem to be any logspam. Speaking of which, HERE's the log.

I get this sometimes, especially when I load Laythe and Jool, the game slows to a crawl. I usually just reboot the game and it sorts itself out next time I load the scene.

I have this issue with this mod.  The sun is visible through Kerbin.  I had a similar issue with ENBs with Skyrim and I cannot remember how I fixed it.  Does anyone happen to know what the fix is for this bug?  This issue is not as bad as the others I've seen in this thread but it is still game breaking for my play through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

http://imgur.com/TxwJJLd

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

IRL how much light would the dark side of Laythe receive from Jool? What would it look like from orbit?

When its full? Like a green daylight. Double what we get from our moon easily. Id imagine everything would have a green tint from orbit. The ground, the clouds, even your craft.

Edit: After thinking about it more. Maybe not that bright. Our moon is made of highly reflrective material where as the green clouds of Jool are not. However the staggering size of Jool in the sky should still make for more light then our moon gives off.

Edited by Motokid600

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

IRL how much light would the dark side of Laythe receive from Jool? What would it look like from orbit?

Looking at some real pictures of Jupiter's moon, I think the daylight of Laythe will be much less bright than on Earth/Kerbin. The Sun is far far away, something like a continuos penombra.

43 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Looking at some real pictures of Jupiter's moon, I think the daylight of Laythe will be much less bright than on Earth/Kerbin. The Sun is far far away, something like a continuos penombra.

the question wasnt about the daylight, but the nightlight it receives from Jool.

7 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

When its full? Like a green daylight. Double what we get from our moon easily. Id imagine everything would have a green tint from orbit. The ground, the clouds, even your craft.

Edit: After thinking about it more. Maybe not that bright. Our moon is made of highly reflrective material where as the green clouds of Jool are not. However the staggering size of Jool in the sky should still make for more light then our moon gives off.

The Moon is not at all highly reflective. And given the color of Jool's green is brighter than Mun's color, (which is a little brighter than Luna's color) I imagine that with the extra size of Jool in the laythan sky, the nights of a full Jool must be at least 16 times brighter and infinitely greener. :P

Edited by GregroxMun