[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Don't worry, it doesn't even take that long anyway. And besides, while you're waiting, you can play the game in the meantime! :D

But...  But... the stock sunflare is just SOOO ugly! It literally makes my eyes hurt to look at the sun. :P

13 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Could you please clarify how you did this? Which folder do I need to place the sunflare into? I don't see a sunflare file in the OPM and Kopernicus folders, just one in the scatterer folder which I have replaced with Galileo's.

this MM patch will do the trick all by itself

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
  %Body[Sun]
  {
    %ScaledVersion
    {
      %Light
      {
        %sunLensFlareColor = 0, 0, 0, 0
      }
    }
  }
}

or... not? Hang on. Testing, I thought it was working before.

Ah, fixed it. Needed some % luvin. In fact I just changed them all to % to be safe

Edited by Drew Kerman

It appears that Spacedock is down. I've tried downloading with Edge and Chrome, and both aren't working. Chrome says that the server was unable to service my request, and CKAN is giving an error that it can't reach the server too. Do you have another mirror download?

7 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

this MM patch will do the trick all by itself

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
  %Body[Sun]
  {
    %ScaledVersion
    {
      %Light
      {
        %sunLensFlareColor = 0, 0, 0, 0
      }
    }
  }
}

or... not? Hang on. Testing, I thought it was working before.

Ah, fixed it. Needed some % luvin. In fact I just changed them all to % to be safe

How do you make a MM patch? Do I save it as a .txt file, or what?

1 minute ago, Laythe Dweller said:

It appears that Spacedock is down. I've tried downloading with Edge and Chrome, and both aren't working. Chrome says that the server was unable to service my request, and CKAN is giving an error that it can't reach the server too. Do you have another mirror download?

@Drew Kerman Provided you a cfg that will work

3 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

https://mega.nz/#!zApWGSTK!qQzBTVFgsEtdrRlWxujIIg9rq6DeCywabO5ZcbxEm7w

Reading the original post often helps because many mod creators post different download locations :wink:

Just now, Laythe Dweller said:

Yeah, and I'm planning to use that as a temporary solution, but after looking at SVT, I really want it for the visuals and collidable scatter too!

oh i see. I dont know why its not working i havent touched it since i last updated. ill check on it

3 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

How do you make a MM patch? Do I save it as a .txt file, or what?

You can make it in a new text file and just rename the file extension to .cfg

1 minute ago, Theysen said:

Reading the original post often helps because many mod creators post different download locations :wink:

he was talking about SVT not scatterer :)

4 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Yeah, and I'm planning to use that as a temporary solution, but after looking at SVT, I really want it for the visuals and collidable scatter too!

where does it stop for you because its working fine for me? 

7 minutes ago, Theysen said:

I wasn't talking about Scatterer, but about SVT. Galileo is trying to help me fix an issue with OPM and Scatterer Sunflares, and apparently SVT has a fix in it.

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

oh i see. I dont know why its not working i havent touched it since i last updated. ill check on it

You can make it in a new text file and just rename the file extension to .cfg

he was talking about SVT not scatterer :)

where does it stop for you because its working fine for me? 

The download proceeds to 4%, then an error message pops up saying that the download was interrupted. I then click resume, and the download time suddenly drops to a few minutes. When I try to extract the file, I get an error message saying that the zipped file is empty. It stops at the same place on CKAN too.

I also saw that another user was having the same issue, refer to the SVT thread for details. Sounds like exactly the same as my problem.

On 9/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, Galileo said:

Hey Blackrack, This isnt a pressing issue, am im sure its by design, but when you Rename the sun in Kopernicus, scatterer does not work properly. It removes the ocean and there is no atmospheric haze. Its not a big deal i just so happen to notice it :0 thats all. have a good one!

Ah yes, the sun's name is hardcoded to "Sun" in scatterer, so if it can't find it, sun-related things don't work. I'll add a variable for it or make it auto-detect or something.

On 9/11/2016 at 6:46 PM, Aegrim said:

Is it better to have scaled space ambient light disabled or not?

Better disabled imo (ie disable scaled space ambient light box ticked :wink:). Usually I make the features that I think are worth it on by default.

Edited by blackrack

Hi, sorry to bring this up again, but will there be any solution to the shoreline flickering problem? I haven't used scatterer since it started. I miss having scatterer, but to me, the shoreline flickering is worse than having no scatterer effects at all.

I reinstalled the most recent version recently and the problem is still there. Changed tons of settings like V-Sync, frame rate limit, changing program specific settings in Nvidia control panel... nothing fixed it.

Thanks, and I realize you're doing this all for free!

Youtube link - example of shoreline flickering

Edited by vwr0527

2 hours ago, vwr0527 said:

Hi, sorry to bring this up again, but will there be any solution to the shoreline flickering problem? I haven't used scatterer since it started. I miss having scatterer, but to me, the shoreline flickering is worse than having no scatterer effects at all.

I reinstalled the most recent version recently and the problem is still there. Changed tons of settings like V-Sync, frame rate limit, changing program specific settings in Nvidia control panel... nothing fixed it.

Thanks, and I realize you're doing this all for free!

Youtube link - example of shoreline flickering

Working on it, I'm suspecting it's a parameter lagging behind by one frame or a precision issue, but couldn't pinpoint which yet.

Edited by blackrack

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Ok, @vwr0527 I think I fixed the ocean, please try this version when you can:

https://mega.nz/#!vEhQhC7Q!fEORoIeHg8kGl9_2ADJ8YJ0dqE15AI0-dFH_tuUtOkw

Also paging @Galileo @Citizen Joe @TheCrimsonCorndog

Btw this version maybe buggy in other ways, it's not a proper release.

ksp 1.2 pre-release? Not trying to rush.

7 hours ago, blackrack said:

Ok, @vwr0527 I think I fixed the ocean, please try this version when you can:

https://mega.nz/#!vEhQhC7Q!fEORoIeHg8kGl9_2ADJ8YJ0dqE15AI0-dFH_tuUtOkw

Also paging @Galileo @Citizen Joe @TheCrimsonCorndog

Btw this version maybe buggy in other ways, it's not a proper release.

Works perfectly!:D

200_s.gif

Thanks blackrack!

@KerbalMan32 I'm using it on 1.1.3