[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

50 minutes ago, OtterOfPower said:
  • Okay i dont know why but its just not working right. Its makes the game look foggy and there are no cloudsVWbpQbi.jpgey4bJDM.jpg

That is how it is supposed to look. You get clouds from other mods. This mod just adds the atmospheric haze

Default settings on a new game with lots of mods.

I'm getting the following nullrefs when entering a game:

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and this when entering the tracking station:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateStuff () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.updateAtCameraRythm.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here is the full log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/trrdrhl5dbc6h9r/scattererErrors.zip?dl=0

On 4/12/2015 at 4:37 AM, blackrack said:

-Terrain shadows might cause weird, moving patterns to appear across the landscape, adjust shadow bias and shadow normal bias to fix this (for more info on what these do, go here http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ShadowOverview.html and scroll down to "Shadow Mapping and the Bias Property"). You can also try to turn up the rendering quality in KSP, mess with anisotropic filtering settings in the driver or force directx11. Note that why this is fixable for some people, for others nothing helps, if it doesn't work for you please don't complain.

I read over and tried it that several times over the past few days, but I am still confused as of what to do. I am sorry that I am having trouble parsing it and figuring out what to do. Is it a value or a range of values it is supposed to be? Is there any way to modify and test it without going back to the menu every time? I am sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:17 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Default settings on a new game with lots of mods.

I'm getting the following nullrefs when entering a game:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

and this when entering the tracking station:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateStuff () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.updateAtCameraRythm.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here is the full log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/trrdrhl5dbc6h9r/scattererErrors.zip?dl=0

Getting somewhat the same thing too. Boot game up with bunch of mods, game lags and memory leaks up to 12GB.

Did a bit of digging, for me at least, it was Sigma Binary.

Edited by Cooly568

I just encountered this after adding Near Future MK4 space plane parts. As soon as the KSC appeared, my memory was sucked dry (16 GB total).

I naturally thought it was MK4 Space Plane, but when I removed it the problem continued. I then bust out a hammer and eliminated all my mods and put them back singly until I identified Scatterer as a suspect. But then I came here and saw the Sigma Binary thing and tried removing just that. Bingo. No more crazy memory leak.

I did take care not to needlessly recopy Module Manager (which is on 2.7.5 for me). But I did replace Community Resource Pack, B9 Part Switch, and Fire Spitter. Aside from that, I'm a little baffled by what changed.

Hi there!

Thank you so much for this wonderfull mod. Been using it now since quite a while.... I have this problem also since over a year, and I thought, hey, I'm surely not the only one. This problem appears on many of my computers, not only one configuration does it. I'm not really sure it is scatterer that does it, so if it doesn't please apologies me. The water level, usually when returning to KSC, is too high. Or technically not even the water level, but somehow the world ball must shrink in diameter.... And sometimes it's worse, sometimes there's no building visible at all... Notice that my test flag pointer is way too high also, looks like the z coordinate has moved away. I would need to go to the other side check if it's a movement or a world diameter shrink.......

uKcvQ.jpg

By zooming in and rotate the camera, I can go under that water layer:

uKcyk.png

I'm terribly sorry if I got the wrong impression, if it's not scatterer that does it... I'm using Stock Visual Enhancements, Sotck Visual Terrain, Environmental Visual Enhancement, Kopernicus, Planet Shine along with other, but logically these are the ones that can be in fault? Thanks to anyone pointing me to the correct place

EDIT

Found someone else that has the same issue: 

Edited by Psychokiller1888
Found youtube video

1 hour ago, Psychokiller1888 said:

EDIT

Found someone else that has the same issue: 

It is a very well known bug. Just do a scene change (open Tracking Station and exit), and the problem fixes itself.

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It is a very well known bug. Just do a scene change (open Tracking Station and exit), and the problem fixes itself.

A very well known problem of what mod? I have read about changing the view, but it doesn't change anything for me. The bug appears randomly, and usually doesn't go away that easily... 

36 minutes ago, Psychokiller1888 said:

A very well known problem of what mod? I have read about changing the view, but it doesn't change anything for me. The bug appears randomly, and usually doesn't go away that easily... 

its a scatterer bug and yes it does appear randomly and does go away with a scene change. worse case scenario you have to change scenes a few times.

Edited by Galileo

On 1/16/2016 at 5:28 AM, blackrack said:

Possible water reflections on laythe's nightside/twilight:

Notice I'm now getting the water artifacts everyone has been complaining about for a while, maybe now I could debug and fix them.

I will take a look at EVE's config structure, I admit I haven't been putting much thought into usability or ease of access so far.

This looks fantastic, great job @blackrack!

47 minutes ago, Psychokiller1888 said:

Good, now I know it's scatterer at least, no more installing and unsinstalling all my mods one by one. I have this since a year, no fix planned?

none yet besides the work around i told you

On 3/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, ManuxKerb said:

Im having the same problem.

Stock KSP 1.2.2

Only mod installed is SVE with scatter and SVE scatter configs and scatter sunflare and EVE . No other mods are used.

Any Ideas ? Thanks

LOG:

[LOG 23:40:24.858] [Scatterer] Sunflare config found for Sun
[LOG 23:40:24.859] [Scatterer] Custom sunflare cannot be added to Sun System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/mnt/data/games/ssd/linux/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameDataSscatterer/config/Sunflares/Sun/sunSpikes.png".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at scatterer.SunFlare.start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at scatterer.Core.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 23:40:24.865] [Scatterer] disableAmbientLight: Found scaled sunlight
[LOG 23:40:24.865] [Scatterer] disableAmbientLight: Found sunlight
[LOG 23:40:24.865] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Mun for Kerbin
[LOG 23:40:24.865] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Minmus for Kerbin

SOLVED:

Scatter/KSP does not work well with symlinks in linux. Just remove them and it should load. I did not try hardlinks.

I'm not  on Linux I'm on windows.

would it be the same thing on windows?

On 3/12/2017 at 11:32 PM, OtterOfPower said:
  • VWbpQbi.jpg

In the picture, what is that central glare / reflection being caused by in terms of mods? (obviously it is  the sun) I've seen this issue mentioned in other places, without enough information to understand what's causing it. I also have this issue (and it drives me crazy). Game engine limitation with the mods? Any possible workaround? Link to the issue? Thank you for the help. Hopefully not an issue of Scatterer, afaik...

Edited by Krazy_Kerbal
Clarified question to avoid smart-ass responses.

12 minutes ago, Krazy_Kerbal said:

In the picture, what is that central glare / reflection being caused by? I've seen this issue mentioned in other places, without enough information to understand what's causing it. I also have this issue (and it drives me crazy). Game engine limitation? Any ppossible workaround? Link to the issue? Thank you for the help. Hopefully not an issue of Scatterer...

Believe that is the sun causing that glare mate.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Do you know how I can edit the colour of the atmosphere? I can only choose from purple, green and blue (Eve, kerbin/laythe, Jool). Say I'd like a yellow atmosphere, how would I do so?

Use the config tool linked in the OP

So when I was using scatterer to make new atmospheric colors for some planets on a mod I'm making, it seems this odd bug occurs. From what it seems, on another planet I've made purely on my own, this problem isn't present. The bug itself features a black glitched area above the atmosphere, no matter the time on the planet. I've tried switching the version of scatterer, re-doing the atmosphere, and almost everything else. I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem. Images: http://imgur.com/a/gfkaC

11 minutes ago, Tynton said:

So when I was using scatterer to make new atmospheric colors for some planets on a mod I'm making, it seems this odd bug occurs. From what it seems, on another planet I've made purely on my own, this problem isn't present. The bug itself features a black glitched area above the atmosphere, no matter the time on the planet. I've tried switching the version of scatterer, re-doing the atmosphere, and almost everything else. I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem. Images: http://imgur.com/a/gfkaC

You are doing something wrong for sure. 

This is how I use it:

i typically use Kerbins scatterer cfg as a template and just rename the planet where necessary.

then I use the config tool to create the color I want. 

I copy the proland textures(.raw files) 

remove the .half textures from the kerbin proland textures 

paste in the raw files

load game up, and adjust the atmosphere to your liking with the GUI in game

oh and when you are done, be sure to go back and delete the raw files. No need for them after the half files are made.

Enjoy

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Tynton said:

I may not have used Kerbin as a code-reference, but I'll try it again. I believe everything else is done correctly, however.

Use the default planets as a template. It makes it so much easier. Also, make sure in the planetlist you are defining whether or not the planet has an ocean. It can cause some issues if you don't.

oh and when you are done, be sure to go back and delete the raw files. No need for them after the half files are made.

Edited by Galileo