[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I'm trying to get a 'procedural scatterer' configuration to work for my Suthe mod. I can get all of the planets to work, barring Kerbin (renamed to Talia in Suthe), even replacing Kerbin with Talia entirely, works from a Kopernicus standpoint, but not for scatterer. Here's a comparison with its moon, Eaglio.

For some reason, no matter what I attempt, even looking at other configurations that do the exact thing that I'm trying, Kerbin (Talia) does not work.

On 25/06/2017 at 8:31 PM, Tynton said:

I'm trying to get a 'procedural scatterer' configuration to work for my Suthe mod. I can get all of the planets to work, barring Kerbin (renamed to Talia in Suthe), even replacing Kerbin with Talia entirely, works from a Kopernicus standpoint, but not for scatterer. Here's a comparison with its moon, Eaglio.

For some reason, no matter what I attempt, even looking at other configurations that do the exact thing that I'm trying, Kerbin (Talia) does not work.

Try to do the same thing as in RSS, set the transform name to Kerbin

ie

celestialBodyName = Talia
transformName = Kerbin

in the planetsList file

I made a quick fix for the 1.3 "flying tiles" bug, can you guys test it out?

https://mega.nz/#!WMpHRTqT!1olc5ZunXlyeRwJoBVFkJLhClTzFPbgxlKD-9Z0cSV4

I haven't really tested well so can you guys report if it indeed fixes the issue and doesn't introduce any new ones? Also if there isn't worse performance and more stutters compared to previous version.

1 hour ago, TheBeardyPenguin said:

If I wanted the scatterer ocean but none of the atmospheric effects, which parts of the mod would I delete?
I tried deleting certain parts and the sky went black XD

You can't at the moment.

Edited by blackrack

17 minutes ago, mrpotato103 said:

tell me if this is a glitch but is the kerbin sky suppose to super bright 

Yo man, it doesn't work with 1.3 right now. There have been posts throughout the last couple of pages saying so. You're new to the forums so you might not know that it is against the rules to ask about mod updates so just be patient like the rest of us :) I'm sure Blackrack is working as fast as he can to get us an update and it'll be hella worth it.

A post or two has been trimmed from this thread. We were all newbies once, guys, and we will all be newbies again the next time we join another forum. Please treat them the way you yourselves would like to be treated. 

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

I haven't really tested well so can you guys report if it indeed fixes the issue and doesn't introduce any new ones? Also if there isn't worse performance and more stutters compared to previous version.

You can't at the moment.

is this the expirimental version of scatterer or the normal version?

@blackrack

I tried it earlier, and it didn't work. I'm getting the same result, and I'm wondering if, by chance, do I need to replace the atmospheric/ocean shaders for Talia? I'm losing new ideas onto what the problem could be, but "Talia" is a replacement for Kerbin (I deleted Kerbin in the .cfg, and made Talia be its clone replacement and to a degree it stopped lag from the game trying to search for the shaders).

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

Yes, this fixes the floating tiles issue for sure. The game is beautiful again, but I noticed two issues:

1) Some weird artifacts on Duna when zoomed in close. They follow the contours of the terrain and phase in and out depending on the camera angle:

2) Entering and leaving the Jool system has a crazy long stutter, but it otherwise looks good.

Eve and Kerbin look great. Thank you for your work.

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

You can't at the moment.

when i downloaded this water lost its physics, i still get crushed if i go to deep but nothing floats anymore.

1 hour ago, AtleSt said:

when i downloaded this water lost its physics, i still get crushed if i go to deep but nothing floats anymore

I can confirm this behaviour. Mind you my installation is heavily modified; I really should try again with nothing but Scatterer. Video link in spoiler.

Spoiler