[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

24 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Well, I can't reproduce it, so I will need you try and narrow it down by removing your mods and re-adding them one by one to try and find what is causing the issue.

I see an issue in the log but I don't know what causes it.

ok, I already removed EVE and SVE, neither seemed to have any effect.  The only other mod I have that should have any effect on visuals is planetshine.  I'll try removing that first, and if that doesn't work I'll try everything else.

too early to tell, but I haven't had any more problems since removing planetshine

Nope, planetshine wasn't the cause, still looking.

@rawghi:  what mods do you have installed?  I'm reluctant to test all of mine one at a time because of the sheer amount of time that would take.  If we have any mods in common, that could narrow things down.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

7 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

too early to tell, but I haven't had any more problems since removing planetshine

Nope, planetshine wasn't the cause, still looking.

@rawghi:  what mods do you have installed?  I'm reluctant to test all of mine one at a time because of the sheer amount of time that would take.  If we have any mods in common, that could narrow things down.

Sorry @Capt. Hunt for the late reply, as soon as I land on a pc I paste the list of the mods I was using but I can share to you a finding that I made (which made the bug erratic to a level that no human being has seen something like that before :) ):

I already stated that it affected my installation only on 1 vessel, and the only different thing was that the vessel was “Re-rooted” as I needed to set as subassembly. I literally rebuild the exact same rocket from scratch, 1:1 component but without re-rooting parts and the bug disappeared.

Yeah I know this is very very weird... 

Mod list in spoiler:

Spoiler

Blizzy's Toolbar
Toolbar Controller
AirplanePlus
AviationLights
Chatterer
ClickThroughBlocker
Comfortable Landing
Community Trait Icons
Contract Configurator
Mk3 Shuttle Pack
Mk3 Block II Program
Action Group Reextended
Early Bird
Firespitter
Grounded
Indicator Lights
Interstellar Fuel Switch
Raster Prop Monitor
Kerbal Engineer
Ven's Texture
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
MainSailor Texture
MCPJ Apha Pack
MechJeb 2
Missing History
Mk2 Expansion
Mk3 Expansion
Docking Port Alignment Indicator
Final Frontier
S.A.V.E.
notes
NRAP
Open Cockpit
Procedural Parts
SCANSat
SpaceY Lifters
SpaceY Expanded
Take Command
Tarsier Space Tech
Tracking Station Evolved
Trajectories
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Alternate Resource Panel
Tweak Scale
Vessel Mover
Kerbal Space Transport System
Antenna Helper
Environmental Visual Enhancements
Scatterer
PlanetShine
Module Manager
Stock Visual Enhancement High Res Textures
Stock Visual Enhancement
Distant Object Enhancement
Smokescreen
Memgraph
Real Plume
Real Plume Stock
Ship Effects Continued
Probes Plus!
SXT Continued
DMagic Orbital Science
Editor Extension Redux
Adjustable Mod Panel

2 hours ago, Dankgum said:

If you had a log and more list of mods that would actually help instead of asking why it doesn't work.

Some parts dont create errors. I guess I should write to SSPXr creator about these errors

6 hours ago, Gidreess said:

That happens when I have SSPXr parts but mod is the right version https://imgur.com/a/Yt9Bo

I have that same error. It seems to be caused by B9PartSwitch (remove that and scatterer starts working fine again, even with the same station parts).

Formal issue report:

------------------------------------------------

KSP: 1.4.2 Windows 64bit

Problem: Weird atmosphere issues caused by B9PartSwitch

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0329

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.0.3 (and its dependencies - B9PartSwitch 2.2.1, Module Manager 3.0.6, and NearFutureProps 0.3.2.0)

Reproduction steps:

Load into the flight scene with one of the station parts that has B9PartSwitch options, the atmospheric scattering will behave strangely, as if it's way too thick. Ocean will behave strangely too if ocean shaders are enabled, but this independent of the atmospheric issue. Deleting B9PartSwitch fixes the issue, even while using the same mod parts as before.

May happen with parts from other mods that use B9PS, haven't tested. Default Scatterer settings.

Log:

https://harbingerdawn.neocities.org/output_log.txt

Screenshots:

Spoiler

screenshot404.jpg

screenshot405.jpg

screenshot406.jpg

screenshot409.jpg

Edited by harbingerdawn
added mod version info

11 hours ago, rawghi said:

Sorry @Capt. Hunt for the late reply, as soon as I land on a pc I paste the list of the mods I was using but I can share to you a finding that I made (which made the bug erratic to a level that no human being has seen something like that before :) ):

I already stated that it affected my installation only on 1 vessel, and the only different thing was that the vessel was “Re-rooted” as I needed to set as subassembly. I literally rebuild the exact same rocket from scratch, 1:1 component but without re-rooting parts and the bug disappeared.

Yeah I know this is very very weird... 

I'm not sure why it was only effecting that ship for you, it seems to happen to to me with any ship, regardless of re-rooting or subassemblies.  I have a few of those mods, so I'll check through them.  I will also have to check b9 partswitch, even though our problem isn't a 100% match to theirs and you don't seem to have that mod, it's close enough to be worth a check

Edited by Capt. Hunt

On 10/04/2018 at 2:53 PM, harbingerdawn said:

I have that same error. It seems to be caused by B9PartSwitch (remove that and scatterer starts working fine again, even with the same station parts).

Formal issue report:

------------------------------------------------

KSP: 1.4.2 Windows 64bit

Problem: Weird atmosphere issues caused by B9PartSwitch

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0329

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.0.3 (and its dependencies - B9PartSwitch 2.2.1, Module Manager 3.0.6, and NearFutureProps 0.3.2.0)

Reproduction steps:

Load into the flight scene with one of the station parts that has B9PartSwitch options, the atmospheric scattering will behave strangely, as if it's way too thick. Ocean will behave strangely too if ocean shaders are enabled, but this independent of the atmospheric issue. Deleting B9PartSwitch fixes the issue, even while using the same mod parts as before.

May happen with parts from other mods that use B9PS, haven't tested. Default Scatterer settings.

Log:

https://harbingerdawn.neocities.org/output_log.txt

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot404.jpg

screenshot405.jpg

screenshot406.jpg

screenshot409.jpg

Finally someone Isolated the cause, I will check/fix this soon.

Edited by blackrack

@blackrack I believe I have figured out what was causing the issue for me as well and it also seems to be a part mod (last thing I would have thought of). If you load into flight scene with a USI Sounding Rocket craft, you get the glitch. Launch a stock craft and the glitch is gone. Imgur album is below.

KSP: 1.4.2 Windows 64 bit

Problem: Atmospheric gradient and strange ocean "flagpole" glitch.

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0329

USI Sounding Rockets 0.9.0.0

Reproduction steps:

Load flight scene with a craft made with USI Sounding Rockets parts.

Log:

Output Log

https://imgur.com/a/33mwS

On 4/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, blackrack said:

Finally someone Isolated the cause, I will check/fix this soon.

I'm also experiencing this and can confirm that removing B9PartSwitch resolves it. Please let me know if additional logs are helpful. 

2 hours ago, Kwebib said:

@blackrack I believe I have figured out what was causing the issue for me as well and it also seems to be a part mod (last thing I would have thought of). If you load into flight scene with a USI Sounding Rocket craft, you get the glitch. Launch a stock craft and the glitch is gone. Imgur album is below.

I also saw this effect intermittently while trying to isolate the b9parts issue. I don't have the Sounding Rocket pack installed but do have a bunch of other UCS gear, will try to isolate which and post some logs tomorrow evening or Sat.

6 hours ago, Kwebib said:

KSP: 1.4.2 Windows 64 bit

Problem: Atmospheric gradient and strange ocean "flagpole" glitch.

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0329

USI Sounding Rockets 0.9.0.0

Reproduction steps:

Load flight scene with a craft made with USI Sounding Rockets parts.

Log:

Output Log

https://imgur.com/a/33mwS

4 hours ago, cts359 said:

I'm also experiencing this and can confirm that removing B9PartSwitch resolves it. Please let me know if additional logs are helpful. 

I also saw this effect intermittently while trying to isolate the b9parts issue. I don't have the Sounding Rocket pack installed but do have a bunch of other UCS gear, will try to isolate which and post some logs tomorrow evening or Sat.

Seems to be the same issue as above, somthing about those parts is messing up the depth buffer, I will fix it.

On 11/04/2018 at 11:42 PM, nickicool said:

1. Help me pls! Can i use v0.0329 for 1.3.1 or v0.0324 is last version for 1.3.1?

2. I used v0.0324 and sunflare view as in the original game - without a big, bright crown and rays. How to fix it?

You can't use v0.0329 for 1.3.1

I don't know about the other issue but I guess it should be fixed in the latest versions. I don't really intend to keep supporting 1.3.1, it would be too complicated.

9 hours ago, PoomTGP said:

How do I get this orange light between day and night? Or I need to change the settings? I just wanted it on kerbin or someone can screenshot me the settings.

cfdf48cf76b7cf548f3e0d690938753f.png

That will appear with stock Scatterer. You don''t need to change any settings as Scatterer does it by itself.

20 hours ago, PoomTGP said:

How do I get this orange light between day and night? Or I need to change the settings? I just wanted it on kerbin or someone can screenshot me the settings.

Install EVE with scatterer and it should be there.

6 hours ago, PoomTGP said:

I have stock scatterer but It does not appear.

Quality bug report.

2 hours ago, PoomTGP said:

I have EVE and scatterer still not working.

Post a screenshot of your gamedata, and your logs. Just saying “it’s not working” doesn’t not give us any idea as to what your problem is. My guess is you still have SVE installed, which disables the terminator color. I already told you, you need to use a different visual mod. You can delete SVE and use default EVE cfgs and have the orange terminators

Edited by Galileo

@blackrack let me know if there's anything I can do to help with compatibility on the B9PartSwitch side.  If there's an issue, I have a suspicion it may have to do with rendering procedural drag cubes (since that has caused a lot of weird issues).  It's technically stock functionality, but B9PartSwitch uses it in an uncommon way and I've definitely had to work through some oddities (and outright bugs) in how KSP does this.

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

@blackrack let me know if there's anything I can do to help with compatibility on the B9PartSwitch side.  If there's an issue, I have a suspicion it may have to do with rendering procedural drag cubes (since that has caused a lot of weird issues).  It's technically stock functionality, but B9PartSwitch uses it in an uncommon way and I've definitely had to work through some oddities (and outright bugs) in how KSP does this.

I haven't looked into it yet, only thing I can tell already is that it's something writing to the depth buffer and filling up the whole screen.

On which layer do you render the procedural drag cubes?