[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Still getting "frozen world" effect even with DX12 forced. I made sure it was actually running with DX12 from the log:

[LOG 13:53:17.792] [Scatterer][Info] Running on Direct3D 12 [level 12.1] on Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

pdiIzPp.png

10 minutes ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

Happens in Hight settings too or just with the new Ultra shader?

I'm considering upgrading to windows 10 this year.

Thanks for testing.

I didn't actually realize there was a new Ultra shader, but no it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have the frozen world as well DX12, land is too blue imho.  Not scatterer related but the force DX12 solve breaks reshader and Kerbal errors out on load so having to run without reshader on.  Prefer this visual over DX11 with scatter and mods reliant on it off.

Edited by Pepe

8 hours ago, abbiii said:

Still getting "frozen world" effect even with DX12 forced. I made sure it was actually running with DX12 from the log:

[LOG 13:53:17.792] [Scatterer][Info] Running on Direct3D 12 [level 12.1] on Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
7 hours ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

Happens in Hight settings too or just with the new Ultra shader?

I'm considering upgrading to windows 10 this year.

Thanks for testing.

3 hours ago, Pepe said:

I have the frozen world as well DX12, land is too blue imho.  Not scatterer related but the force DX12 solve breaks reshader and Kerbal errors out on load so having to run without reshader on.  Prefer this visual over DX11 with scatter and mods reliant on it off.

Refere to @R-T-B's post, which I quoted

Edited by blackrack

Confirming I have snowball with Dx12, 1.9 running like abiii.  Did a little testing and Frozen Kerbin is there using SVE or Astronomers. I unzipped the fix linked and it did not remove the frozenness of it.  Still playing game, just making note here.

7 hours ago, Pepe said:

Confirming I have snowball with Dx12, 1.9 running like abiii.  Did a little testing and Frozen Kerbin is there using SVE or Astronomers. I unzipped the fix linked and it did not remove the frozenness of it.  Still playing game, just making note here.

@R-T-B made the changes manually for the stock scatterer config. If you are using AVP, you have to modify their settings in the same way.

Well everything seems to work except if i enable ocean shaders it simply disappears. Running on DirectX12 fixes it but my frames drop from normal 60+ to 10 which is unplayable.
Does anyone knows how to make oceans shaders work without forcing direct x 12?

I got a memory exception when I tried the workaround.

Just so I know I got it right, you force DX12 by typing " -force-d3d12" after the address in the Target box of the Shortcut properties, right?

Where do we find the log files now?  It's been a while and I can't seem to find them.

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log

There is also a subfolder Crashes which has the crash.dmp files in dated subfolders, those can be useful too.

And KSP.log in your KSP directory

Edited by VoidSquid

this problem with scatterer appeared after the game was updated to 1.9. As you can see, the water in the ocean has disappeared, only the blue bottom is visible. When I deleted scatterer, the problem disappeared, and when I put it back, it appeared again. How to solve the problem?896AE.png8967W.png

7 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I got a memory exception when I tried the workaround.

Just so I know I got it right, you force DX12 by typing " -force-d3d12" after the address in the Target box of the Shortcut properties, right?

Where do we find the log files now?  It's been a while and I can't seem to find them.

That is correct. The problem is (I think) is that KSP was never optimized to run on Direct X 12 there four the GPU without proper drivers does no know how to run the game.
Even though i run on 1060 which is more than good enough for the game it still struggles. 
Honestly the water as it is a big part of the mod is important but not super essential improvement. Id rather have bad looking then none at all. 
I guess we'll just have to wait for an update.

2 hours ago, Old_Spice said:

this problem with scatterer appeared after the game was updated to 1.9. As you can see, the water in the ocean has disappeared, only the blue bottom is visible. When I deleted scatterer, the problem disappeared, and when I put it back, it appeared again. How to solve the problem?896AE.png8967W.png

Don’t use scatterer in 1.9. It hasn’t been updated. There is a work around, but people have been reporting issues with that too. Read through the last 2 pages to find the workaround.

2 hours ago, Old_Spice said:

Same here, you can either force game to run on Direct X 12 or disable ocean shaders in the settings menu of scatterer.

So i recently bumped into another bug. While playing sometimes i get a black sky, even though its a daytime. Skipping days does not work, going out to the menu and back also does not work. Only works after you reset the game. Anyone bumped into this?

11 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log

There is also a subfolder Crashes which has the crash.dmp files in dated subfolders, those can be useful too.

And KSP.log in your KSP directory

ok, thanks, I looked through the KSP log and didn't see any obvious problems that would be related to this, I also managed to find the MM log file, which didn't say anything useful.  In some of the earlier posts about the "Workaround," they mention forcing OpenGL instead of DX12, what's the command to do that?

If this doesn't work, I might just have to wait until @blackrack finishes the new release.

1 hour ago, Rocket789 said:

So i recently bumped into another bug. While playing sometimes i get a black sky, even though its a daytime. Skipping days does not work, going out to the menu and back also does not work. Only works after you reset the game. Anyone bumped into this?

Yeah, I had the same thing. 

The patch by @R-T-B fixed it on the main menu and space center view (sort of), but when in flight the patch almost seems to make the problems worse.

I guess all that's left is to wait. 

A strange problem, the glare of the sun works fine, but then, as you switch to satellite, say on the moon, the glare of the sun instantly disappears and it becomes defaulted, stock.
At the tracking station and during the construction of the orbits, this bug is not present, the sun is normal, it disappears precisely when you switch to the satellite itself or any ship.
If you start with kerbin, this bug is missing, nothing disappears.
I can not find the reason what it is, I tried both 1.8 and 1.9
the same thing, and at the beginning of that career there is a preservation, this bug is not there, i.e. I switched and nothing disappears.
If you start a new career, everything also works well.
But why does this bug appear over time?
How to solve it.

Sorry for google translit
I hope you get the point

Spoiler

Screenshots

Near satellite view

P9jbtGeICVs.jpg

He is in orbit

2ldeG-woRrc.jpg

This is a game, a rocket at the start

mA7waAcLQ_c.jpg