[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Alt+f10 menu is not working for me on main menu, i mean it appears and disappears but buttons on it won't work.

Still i haven't tested it on fully stock game so it may be because of another mod or something.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:46 AM, SkiRich said:

Can you tell me the settings I need to change to have the atmosphere less opaque?

I'm getting this problem too. I've found that tinkering with the Scattering Exposure can help. It starts at 0.23, try something like 0.005 and then adjust up/down to your taste.

Also be aware of the config points up at the top of the settings - Kerbin has different config points for zero, 1000 and 250,000 altitudes. I dialed down the opacity at 250,000, but when I was flying at 80,000, it was still all white & pearly because I hadn't edited the 1000 config point.

I hope that helps. I also increased the Extinction tint a bit to breath a bit more colour back into the world. My next task is to figure out how to save the settings! The buttons don't seem to be doing the trick, so it might be a matter of editing the config files once one works out what looks nice.

Hello, I sadly have a bug to report that a few people using Spectra have reported.

When "EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors = True" on Kerbin and Spectra is installed, the clouds on the main menu turn all rainbow colored:

4cBnLGk.jpg

I haven't been able to replicate the bug on my end for some reason, but two different people reported this to me after I released an update that changed it to True. Setting it to False reportedly fixes this.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hello, I sadly have a bug to report that a few people using Spectra have reported.

When "EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors = True" on Kerbin and Spectra is installed, the clouds on the main menu turn all rainbow colored:

I haven't been able to replicate the bug on my end for some reason, but two different people reported this to me after I released an update that changed it to True. Setting it to False reportedly fixes this.

I use AVP and it produces a similar effect at the main menu, not quite so saturated colors, though.

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Only in main menu?

6 hours ago, llikooid said:

Tsunami in KSC im using v1.9.1

help me please how to fix this? i don't know what causing it beacuse im using a lot of mods and sometimes the screen is black but ui still there

Edited by llikooid

6 hours ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

Really like the look of those preview screenshots in the original post, do you still have the config for that look or something like it? If so I'd love to play with it if you don't mind uploading it somewhere.

Which ones?

1 hour ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

The first album, near the top of the original post, of the (really sweet looking) jet flying around the KSC and the Kerbal on Eve, just love the atmosphere in those pictures

Well, this one is very complicated and difficult to get right:

Spoiler

It's the default scatterer settings, seriously, not much point in posting an album with anything other than default settings for me. Also with default EVE settings, and TexturesUnlimited for the shiny parts.

Wait until sunrise and... PRESTO, also screenshots were supersampled with the built-in game's supersampling (F1 or F2, can't remember) set to like 3840*2160

Edited by blackrack

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Well, this one is very complicated and difficult to get right:

Reveal hidden contents

It's the default scatterer settings, seriously, not much point in posting an album with anything other than default settings for me. Also with default EVE settings, and TexturesUnlimited for the shiny parts.

Wait until sunrise and... PRESTO, also screenshots were supersampled with the built-in game's supersampling (F1 or F2, can't remember) set to like 3840*2160

Huh, that's weird, if it's all default stuff then my game should just look like that right out of the gate?

I don't even have clouds, all I've got really is some distance fog (very dark distance fog) in flight and a hazy atmosphere in the map view, did I do something wrong maybe? I tried Alt + 0 and it says I don't have any configs for clouds or anything, I think I'm missing some stuff

20 minutes ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

Huh, that's weird, if it's all default stuff then my game should just look like that right out of the gate?

I don't even have clouds, all I've got really is some distance fog (very dark distance fog) in flight and a hazy atmosphere in the map view, did I do something wrong maybe? I tried Alt + 0 and it says I don't have any configs for clouds or anything, I think I'm missing some stuff

Have you tried seeing how things look around sunrise?

For clouds I shouldn't be telling you this here in this thread, but probably you didn't download the EVE default clouds config.

Edited by blackrack

Just now, blackrack said:

Have you tried seeing how things look around sunrise?

Not yet, I'm restarting now, I may have found out what I did wrong, apparently I was supposed to get a different .zip file from a previous release of EVE? I had to go and find it, might be fixed

5 hours ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

Any suggestions on how to make my oceans a bit more light-blue instead of bottom of the ocean, light absorbing black? Can send screenshots if needed

If you're getting a black ocean, it's more likely that something broke/stopped working, better to post a full bug report.

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

If you're getting a black ocean, it's more likely that something broke/stopped working, better to post a full bug report.

Writing one up now, however I couldn't find "output_log.txt" when I followed the path in the "how to report issues" section, just a folder called "Unity", a file called "Player.txt" and another called "Player-prev.txt", not sure where it is

Read the linked post, it's the Player.txt one

Edited by UnhorsedGoose
Figured it out

Hey can you provide something to fix the black horizon bug in RSS 1.9.1? (Yes I got Kopernicus to work in 1.9.1) 

I applied the fix to all atmo planet configs in RSS and in scatter configs itself. 

@blackrack still considering making ground scatter objects affected by atmospherics as a performance-affecting option? If not, which was the latest version to do this? Wondering if I can bump my v1.5.1 KSP up a bit for my visual surface shots of Kerbin. Especially from KSP, I like showing trees off in the distance

Inner Tarmac from On High

On 5/24/2020 at 12:02 AM, Arco123 said:

Hey can you provide something to fix the black horizon bug in RSS 1.9.1? (Yes I got Kopernicus to work in 1.9.1) 

I applied the fix to all atmo planet configs in RSS and in scatter configs itself. 

There are solutions here: 

21 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@blackrack still considering making ground scatter objects affected by atmospherics as a performance-affecting option? If not, which was the latest version to do this? Wondering if I can bump my v1.5.1 KSP up a bit for my visual surface shots of Kerbin. Especially from KSP, I like showing trees off in the distance

Don't really know when I will add it right now. Last version that supported it is 0.0336