[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

10 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

IwbgTf5.png

You're still on the old version (it says 0.0723 right there). Download the pre-release from the previous page and delete your current scatterer, make sure you don't have a duplicate scatterer somewhere.

Edited by blackrack

I picked a heck of a time to get back into KSP. Has anyone run into the problem--either with the earlier version, or the pre-release--where Scatterer just won't work? The configuration system comes up and everything, but the planet is just extremely whited-out with no clouds or anything. 

3 hours ago, Synthesis said:

I picked a heck of a time to get back into KSP. Has anyone run into the problem--either with the earlier version, or the pre-release--where Scatterer just won't work? The configuration system comes up and everything, but the planet is just extremely whited-out with no clouds or anything. 

You messed up the installation/files or you have conflicting configs. Specifically, the assetPath pointing to .half files is not correct.Also the pre-release should tell you which path is missing in the log.

Edited by blackrack

8 hours ago, blackrack said:

You messed up the installation/files or you have conflicting configs. Specifically, the assetPath pointing to .half files is not correct.Also the pre-release should tell you which path is missing in the log.

Thank you for the quick response. As you hinted, I'm pretty sure it's another mod (AVP)--following some instructions in the AVP thread fixed the "whited out" planet, but I'm still missing clouds. I suspect AVP isn't compatible with this version of Scatterer, despite having it as a dependency (to be clear, I'm not blaming you Blackrack--AVP doesn't do the best job explaining how to install it). I'll probably just switch over to something else, AVP is turning out to be a lot more hassle than it's worth. 

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm just doing something wrong...even with AVP completely removed, I can bring up the configuration tool, toggle wireframes, and nothing else works--so something else is broken with my installation (not that there are that many steps involved). The same issue persists with only AVP and EVE installed, so I'm doing something wrong. I'm beginning to remember why I quit playing KSP. :confused:

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I'm probably just dumb and have forgotten what KSP with Scatterer even looks like. I think this is generally "normal" for Scatterer without any other effects besides EVE. The configuration tool not working is just me not knowing how to use it probably.

8ai2K9F.jpg

I think I just saw orange clouds and immediately thought I was doing something wrong. It's been long enough that Kerbin itself probably just looks a lot lighter than I remember. 

Edited by Synthesis

Hi I have problem with sunflare after I removed a mod called "Galaxies Unbound: A stellar oddesy". Can you please help me fix this thanks. (Log can be provided if needed and I am going to show you a screenshot. I know its not an incompatibility and I removed GU fully. The issue is visible as the sunflare just not even showing up as seen in the screenshot below):

o0cTfHX.png

Hi! I have a question that might not be related to scatterer a lot but i see this thread is active so i thought asking won't hurt.

I have EVE  / Scatterer / AVP installed and everything is working correctly except for the volumetric clouds, mine are 2d. 

I have tried looking into configs from the 3 mods listed  but nothing worked for me, maybe i missed something.

Now i have somehow accidently fixed this before by using TUFX but i don't want to use it anymore, so if anyone might have a clue what made it work again or how can i fix this without installing extra mods?

my mod list below,

https://imgur.com/a/GijmkKm

Thanks in advance!

Just uploaded a full release, it's mostly the same as the pre-release, with the addition of fixing  the orange/weird clouds in main menu, and  a  small reduction in ocean jittering in RSS.

On 5/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, Rocketry101 said:

Hi I have problem with sunflare after I removed a mod called "Galaxies Unbound: A stellar oddesy". Can you please help me fix this thanks. (Log can be provided if needed and I am going to show you a screenshot. I know its not an incompatibility and I removed GU fully. The issue is visible as the sunflare just not even showing up as seen in the screenshot below):

Check the OP for how to report an issue, also I think this issue was fixed in the latest version.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:15 AM, Kerdel said:

Hi! I have a question that might not be related to scatterer a lot but i see this thread is active so i thought asking won't hurt.

I have EVE  / Scatterer / AVP installed and everything is working correctly except for the volumetric clouds, mine are 2d. 

I have tried looking into configs from the 3 mods listed  but nothing worked for me, maybe i missed something.

Now i have somehow accidently fixed this before by using TUFX but i don't want to use it anymore, so if anyone might have a clue what made it work again or how can i fix this without installing extra mods?

my mod list below,

https://imgur.com/a/GijmkKm

Thanks in advance!

I think you should take this to the AVP thread, most likely an installation issue.

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Just uploaded a full release, it's mostly the same as the pre-release, with the addition of fixing  the orange/weird clouds in main menu, and  a  small reduction in ocean jittering in RSS.

Check the OP for how to report an issue, also I think this issue was fixed in the latest version.

I think you should take this to the AVP thread, most likely an installation issue.

Thanks, sure i'll take a look there. I installed it with ckan tho (can't do anything wrong then?) and thanks for the amazing scatterer mod by the way!

Installing latest scatterer version from 0723 to 0770 fixed this for me! :D

Edited by Kerdel

4 hours ago, TheKrakenHerder said:

Hi, this looks like an astounding mod. I have to ask though, and I’m very sorry if this has already been asked, but will the mod be on CKAN? Sorry again if this has been asked.

It is. You may have to change your version filters. 

6 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Just a note since this is insignificant, but the latest release of Scatterer (prerelease as well) seems to be inhibiting or disabling the bloom feature of TUFX. Has something changed that could affect this?

for me, bloom is unaffected, but screen-space AO is. Scatterer SMAA on, depth buffer mode, quarter-res scattering.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

1 hour ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Just a note since this is insignificant, but the latest release of Scatterer (prerelease as well) seems to be inhibiting or disabling the bloom feature of TUFX. Has something changed that could affect this?

Yes, try disabling scatterer's SMAA and see if that makes a difference.

I updated recently and shadows looked bad a bit like the old bugged ones, so obvious on Minmus, went to Scatterer options and put quality to very high (was on low) and Shadows got fixed for me.

But the Aliasing is so bad especially those Gigantor Solar panels they Aliasing so bad, I have Anti Aliasing in in-game options on x8 but it seems it does nothing, it was fine on previous Scatterer.

2 hours ago, Juba said:

I updated recently and shadows looked bad a bit like the old bugged ones, so obvious on Minmus, went to Scatterer options and put quality to very high (was on low) and Shadows got fixed for me.

But the Aliasing is so bad especially those Gigantor Solar panels they Aliasing so bad, I have Anti Aliasing in in-game options on x8 but it seems it does nothing, it was fine on previous Scatterer.

Read the changelog

I'm also experiencing the above bug in the stock game with Scatterer 0.0700, its noticeable when in orbit around Jool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dncisrxm5p90i52/0700_Jool_Camera_Issue.zip?dl=0

Steps:

- Load new Sandbox save

- Click on launch pad and launch a vessel

- Cheat vessel to orbit of Jool (issue appears)

- Quicksave and reload to reset camera

- Issue still persists

Edited by Poodmund

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I'm also experiencing the above bug in the stock game with Scatterer 0.0700, its noticeable when in orbit around Jool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dncisrxm5p90i52/0700_Jool_Camera_Issue.zip?dl=0

Steps:

- Load new Sandbox save

- Click on launch pad and launch a vessel

- Cheat vessel to orbit of Jool (issue appears)

- Quicksave and reload to reset camera

- Issue still persists

Me too.  But not only on Jool. The same thing happened when I switched  to my old career save and loaded the space station in 200 km orbit around Kerbin.

Edited by dok_377