[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

I'm getting a weird issue in 2.5x GPP (and TUFX), wondering if it's a scatterer thing, or a config issue due to rescaling.

images in spoiler:

Hide contents

1: in orbit, sun is about to rise:

UmBIwN1.jpg

2: as soon as the sun clears the main body of the planet, but not past the atmosphere, everything goes black, including glowing parts:

rtGKzeD.jpg

3: past the atmosphere, it's back to normal with an orange sunrise:

Un7RnM9.jpg

Looks like the atmosphere is too thick and broken. Does this happen without rescale? I doubt GPP atmosphere configs have been updated.

29 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Nope, removing the rescale patch did stop it. Do you know what might need to be updated to fix it on my end?

No idea, if this is with the latest scatterer version post your logs, scatterer configs and the rescale patch and I'll check it, probably a shader issue.

25 minutes ago, G'th said:

Blackrack - Am I correct in interpreting that with the latest Scatterer that the half files aren't necessary anymore? 

Yea, they are generated on the end user's machine and don't need to be distributed.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have this problem:Specific stock waterfall (and restock ) engine plume Glitching with black shadow,only switching back to earlier scatterer version  can solve this problem,  really need some help here :0.0:

Edited by jebycheek

16 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Does anyone have this problem:Specific stock waterfall (and restock ) engine plume Glitching with black shadow,only switching back to earlier scatterer version  can solve this problem,  really need some help here :0.0:

Try disabling TAA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a frustrating issue with Sunflares in Scatterer; the ghost images seem to work fine but the actual sunflare itself is always invisible/superseded by the Sun itself. Tried amending the syntaxversion to 1 and 2 but to no avail.

Tested it on a clean install and it doesn't work. What gives? 

Here's a screenshot:

https://ibb.co/GscNkh8

46 minutes ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

There is nothing wrong with it, per say, this is just the way it is implimented. I agree with you on the fact that it doesn't look the best, but you can change in. I found the best way is to just mess around with the Scatterer sunflare settings, like I see you have open. The simplest way to go about this is just to over saturate the flare. Simply multiply the color setting evenly across RGB to your liking. You can mess around with some of the other settings too, but just remember you have to write the settings in the sun.cfg inside Scatterer, it won't save automatically. Hope this helps!

6 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

I'm having a frustrating issue with Sunflares in Scatterer; the ghost images seem to work fine but the actual sunflare itself is always invisible/superseded by the Sun itself. Tried amending the syntaxversion to 1 and 2 but to no avail.

Here's a screenshot:

https://ibb.co/GscNkh8

You have to make it brighter if you want it to be brighter than the sun, refer to this page for settings https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/wiki/SunflaresConfig#syntax-version-2

Edited by blackrack

Hello,

Moreover about sun flares, I've made a rework of scale curve to better match with distance. The one of scatterer config isn't so bad but there some little inconsistencies with some distances.

Here it is:

scaleCurve
{
	key = 1 6 0 -0.2
	key = 52 1 0 -0.01
	key = 76 0.8 0 -0.005
	key = 262 0.3 0 0
	key = 434 0.1 0 0
}

You can apply it on your sunFlare and sunSpikes configs.

So if i want to make kerbin texture always at right condition , I have to change both the land and ocean texture(Brightness/contrast /Saturation )all to 1.0 every time the game restart,exhausting right ? then i found the little save button, i was just about to sing the holy song , then i see there is a red line of words says: "you want save it? no bi*ch,giving up your awesome mods first. "

Yup, another day, another sad man.  

PS:if there is any another way I can make this right, please  do tell me, and i'll be really grateful and  buy you a drink!

Edited by jebycheek

3 hours ago, jebycheek said:

So if i want to make kerbin texture always at right condition , I have to change both the land and ocean texture(Brightness/contrast /Saturation )all to 1.0 every time the game restart,exhausting right ? then i found the little save button, i was just about to sing the holy song , then i see there is a red line of words says: "you want save it? no bi*ch,giving up your awesome mods first. "

Yup, another day, another sad man.  

PS:if there is any another way I can make this right, please  do tell me, and i'll be really grateful and  buy you a drink!

Find the .cfg overriding the scatterer config and make your changes there

9 hours ago, blackrack said:

Find the .cfg overriding the scatterer config and make your changes there

Thanks,I managed to find the  .cfg in Scatterer/config/Planets/kerbin/atmo.cfg  and I have changed the texture  parameters to 1.0 ,but still,It only works without  modulemanager patch , now I'm very curious about how does it remains the same  wrong factors even the source has been changed. 

4 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

Thanks,I managed to find the  .cfg in Scatterer/config/Planets/kerbin/atmo.cfg  and I have changed the texture  parameters to 1.0 ,but still,It only works without  modulemanager patch , now I'm very curious about how does it remains the same  wrong factors even the source has been changed. 

Because that's not the one overriding it, look in a different folder, if you have a visual pack installed look there

Hello @jebycheek, you can take look to my config. May be it will help you to understand how to apply change over a visual pack. Or if you don’t want to bother with this, you can simply download and use it. My config is based on Astronomer's Visual Pack, see how my Kerbin looks :

Spoiler

kWFuR71.jpeg

You can see my config here: https://github.com/Vandest1/Optimal_Visual_Aspect

I guess, i found an incompability between Scatterer and Waterfall. Sorry in advance.

See in the picture below. As soon, as Scatterer is installed (tested with Spectra and also with Astronomer's Pack - both the same) the plumes of waterfallized engines tend to show less beautiful flickering shadows around the end of the engine bells. It gets visible as you reach the upper atmosphere and beyond. Here you see the waterfallized Wolfhound engine from stock KSP.

@Knight of St John @blackrack

Removing Scatterer restores the flickering-shadow-free engine plumes by Knight of St. John using Waterfall.

wK4Fy8C.png

Edited by Rakete

I'm getting a weird bright atmosphere with Scatterer in Kerbin (just using Eve Redux with BoulderCo configs and Scatterer last version). Just with everything maxed in graphical settings and Very High preset with Scatterer.

First time getting these. Deleting scatterer folder along with cache and reinstalling again fixes it.

Maybe it's a feature I didn´t know about or just a strange thing.

9df30f7485f1894d23cd94f62a72f29fc21e79e6

4f09ec192c076e77702b478e64c69a5a152c72b9

14 minutes ago, Anroalh said:

I'm getting a weird bright atmosphere with Scatterer in Kerbin (just using Eve Redux with BoulderCo configs and Scatterer last version). Just with everything maxed in graphical settings and Very High preset with Scatterer.

First time getting these. Deleting scatterer folder along with cache and reinstalling again fixes it.

Maybe it's a feature I didn´t know about or just a strange thing.

9df30f7485f1894d23cd94f62a72f29fc21e79e6

4f09ec192c076e77702b478e64c69a5a152c72b9

In my case setting the "tonemapper" option to 0 would make the atmosphere and clouds look extremely bright. Setting it to 1 or 2 fixes the problem. However in sure there are better options in scatterer in game configuration (Alt+F10) but I dont have a lot of experience with it