[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

20 minutes ago, ebigunso said:

Is the latest version useable on 1.0.5? Or should I go safe and get the older version instead?

I believe the newest version won't run at all on 1.0.5 so stick to the older one.

26 minutes ago, Veevee said:

Did you change the UI scale in KSP's settings?  I just switched it from 100% to 120% and this bug just happened for the first time.  Does not happen for me at 100% UI scale.

I will check it out, though I don't consider it a big deal.

On 4/13/2016 at 4:19 AM, sp1989 said:

Ok. So is it the Lens Flare Shader and OpenGL? Or just OpenGL. Turning off the lens flare shader did the trick the pink box is gone. One other thing I am noticing though is graphics glitch when staging. Whenever I stage the screen kinda glitches. I don't know how to describe it. Its kinda blink and you will miss it thing and too fast to get a screen shot of. The screen doesn't exactly go black but I suppose I could describe it as large  transparent artifacts showing up on the left side and top right of the screen whenever I stage. Again its really fast and they don't stay. Staging in space its all normal really it only happens during takeoff. I am not too concerned about it because again it really fast and it only happens during takeoff. But I just feel I should report it and maybe other people are experiencing this too. 

Seems to be the lens flare IN OpenGL.

48 minutes ago, Veevee said:

Did you change the UI scale in KSP's settings?  I just switched it from 100% to 120% and this bug just happened for the first time.  Does not happen for me at 100% UI scale.

If it's a stock bug, there doesn't appear to be an issue in the tracker for it yet.

I grabbed the frame where it happens from the video above:
siKsbrq.png

6 hours ago, Veevee said:

I will check it out when I get home. It's possible. I will be really happy if to that simple of a fix.

6 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

If it's a stock bug, there doesn't appear to be an issue in the tracker for it yet.

I grabbed the frame where it happens from the video above:
siKsbrq.png

It doesn't happen in stock.

8 hours ago, Veevee said:

Sorry my UI scale is still at 100% and it still happens at whatever scale I set my UI to. So its not a big deal like @blackrack said but it certainly is annoying and unsightly. Im glad to hear though its not just isolated to me and it can be repeated. Albeit with some tweaking. 

4 hours ago, Errol said:

Does anyone in here know if this is something ksp could support:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-DepthOfField.html

Special care has to be taken to manage it across different cameras but there's no reason it wouldn't work.

Edited:

Testing light compatibility for the ocean

Due to forward rendering, these lights come at the cost of one pass per light, which means a really big performance impact. However it might be possible to grab the lights position, color and cookies using scripts, pass them as shader parameters and do everything in one pass, reducing the performance cost to something negligible.

Also, the ocean will now appear in supersampled screenshots.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Special care has to be taken to manage it across different cameras but there's no reason it wouldn't work.

Edited:

Testing light compatibility for the ocean

Due to forward rendering, these lights come at the cost of one pass per light, which means a really big performance impact. However it might be possible to grab the lights position, color and cookies using scripts, pass them as shader parameters and do everything in one pass, reducing the performance cost to something negligible.

Also, the ocean will now appear in supersampled screenshots.

That's beautiful. But the ocean shaders reduce my game's FPS to about 3-4 :(

Just now, blackrack said:

That's a pretty slow card, you're playing at 1080p right? I'd recommend a midrange videocard such as a gtx960 or an r9 380.

Yeah I'm playing at 1080p, but that graphics card is all I can afford. I'm pretty busy with school, so I guess I'll afford a new one when I have the money :P

Thanks for the help blackrack!

I can already see a dozen party-boat posts on reddit the day this is released

24 minutes ago, Table said:

Yeah I'm playing at 1080p, but that graphics card is all I can afford. I'm pretty busy with school, so I guess I'll afford a new one when I have the money :P

Thanks for the help blackrack!

No problem, you'll also want to make sure you have a good CPU to match that GPU.

Just now, blackrack said:

No problem, you'll also want to make sure you have a good CPU to match that GPU.

Is an AMD FX 4300 good to match with it? That's the CPU I'm currently using.

4 minutes ago, Table said:

Is an AMD FX 4300 good to match with it? That's the CPU I'm currently using.

Yeah seems alright, though not particularly fast in single-threaded. Still it should run all your games pretty well and you will rarily see bottlenecking.

Edited by blackrack

Love this mod, but seem to have issues with the lens flare shader flat-out in OSX/OpenGL. Get those magenta squares at random times as pointed out previously, but the actual flare doesn't seem to render at all. Whenever it's turned on it just seems to remove the stock flare and leave an unflared Sun in it's place.

Other than that it's gorgeous. Those godrays... Mmmm....

1 hour ago, darvo110 said:

Love this mod, but seem to have issues with the lens flare shader flat-out in OSX/OpenGL. Get those magenta squares at random times as pointed out previously, but the actual flare doesn't seem to render at all. Whenever it's turned on it just seems to remove the stock flare and leave an unflared Sun in it's place.

Other than that it's gorgeous. Those godrays... Mmmm....

Yes this is a known issue with 1.1, he can't test OpenGL becaue it does not work on Windows yet. When it does he can get around to fixing it. It works fine in 1.05.

20 hours ago, blackrack said:

Good lord Blackrack,  you have me screaming like a little girl in public looking at these! Freaking phenomenal 

This is a very enlighting mod which certainly makes the game more visually appeasing. However I noticed two things:

1. I don't think shadows project through the planet when an eclipse occurs.

5Dq99ij.png

VC3uKiI.png

2. It is probably some nitpicking but in the vast blackness of space (and maybe because of some poor contrast in my monitor) lighter bars are visible from the otherwise spectacular lens flare.

cuedE7g.png

09vKDe1.png

Edited by mafkaas300
Trying to fix my English