[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

10 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I couldn't tell you details since I'm not really involved in working on this, but the moment I read that my brain parsed: 'Direct 3D 11' shaders.  So I would assume it loads an alternate set of Direct 3D shaders from DirectX 11.

Yeah that sounds about right, to be honest. Im mostly trying to find out what exactly it will do, whether I have this on or not. I could always play around with it and see, but it always helps to have it in writing as as well. 

CM

3 hours ago, C04L said:

Hi, loving scatterer Thanks!

I checked the OP for this but didn't notice it there, sometimes after coming out of map view I seem to be getting a massive planet shadow that is out in space rather than by a planet. at least that's the best way to explain it. it covers half my screen and is the size of a planet like kerbin for instance at around 100k orbit. I can only see a qtr of this shadow across my screen that's how big it is. if I goto KSC and back it goes away.

does anyone know what this is? is it known or is it settings or is it graphic hardware?

if no ones seen this before i'l post pics spec's etc.

It's a known bug.  Just quicksave (F5) and load (F9) 

Edited by Berlin
its quicksave, not quicksand

3 hours ago, C04L said:

I checked the OP for this but didn't notice it there, sometimes after coming out of map view I seem to be getting a massive planet shadow that is out in space rather than by a planet. at least that's the best way to explain it. it covers half my screen and is the size of a planet like kerbin for instance at around 100k orbit. I can only see a qtr of this shadow across my screen that's how big it is. if I goto KSC and back it goes away.

does anyone know what this is? is it known or is it settings or is it graphic hardware?

When it happens try hitting Alt-f11 and select 'Rebuild ocean'. That seemed to fix a similar issue I was having. 

6 hours ago, C04L said:

Is it blue and transparent? If so, try disabling "Draw atmo over EVE clouds" with the main menu GUI. That worked for me.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:12 PM, cubinator said:

Is it blue and transparent? If so, try disabling "Draw atmo over EVE clouds" with the main menu GUI. That worked for me.

I have this option disabled and still the "ghost atmo" bug is present...

17 minutes ago, Galenmacil said:

I have this option disabled and still the "ghost atmo" bug is present...

Hmm, I'm not sure then. I also disable godrays in my install, albeit for a different reason and I don't think they're directly related to the "ghost atmo" bug. I'd suggest tweaking the settings and seeing if something fixes it, but I can't help any more than that. :P

30 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Hmm, I'm not sure then. I also disable godrays in my install, albeit for a different reason and I don't think they're directly related to the "ghost atmo" bug. I'd suggest tweaking the settings and seeing if something fixes it, but I can't help any more than that. :P

Thanks anyway for trying to help cubinator. I believe the problem lies within Scatterer itself. Perhaps it will be fixed one day.

On 5/20/2016 at 10:22 PM, TimKerbin said:

I don't know if this is a scatterer config issue or what (I know nothing about coding or mods!) but every now and then when I go from the Map View to Ship View and back again I get this (see image). It seems to happen randomly, whether I am in low-Kerbin orbit, or in space. At the time of writing I am using the latest version 0.0246. I'm running KSP v 1.1.1 and the Spacedock mod page says it's for 1.1.2 so I don't know if this is anything to do with it. Screenshot

This seems to get reported a lot recently, I will try to investigate it this weekend.

On 5/22/2016 at 3:41 AM, CodeFantastic said:

Could you be a bit more specific? 

EDIT

Looks like this

http://imgur.com/KpRnnhg

Looks like the shader is messed up for some reason, can you try running opengl or dx11?

On 5/22/2016 at 4:34 PM, Omegaton said:

Hey @dawidpotok , thanks for your reply.

Disabling the d3d11 shaders makes the game crash when I try to load any save. I think I will have to uninstall the mod for now.

Did you remove the -force-D3D11 argument? it sounds like you're just disabling the alternate d3d11 shaders option from main menu.

On 5/24/2016 at 3:39 AM, cheesykerb said:

In the newest version of KSP and of this mod I am having a graphical glitch. I have been able to pinpoint Scatterer as the cause and haven't seen anyone else with this issue.

This first screenshot shows what the game looks like without Scatterer

and now what the game looks like while running scatterer:

so essentially this is the view from an inline cockpit with a part in front of it. As you can clearly see from the screenshots, when running the mod I get some weird see through transparency bug. If it helps, here are some of my other mods:

EVE (for clouds)

Tweakscale

Procedural Parts

I have been able to pinpoint scatterer as the mod causing the issue. I would appreciate if somone could help me out. (also, i'm not using any command line parameters)

Lower the near plane value from the main menu.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:09 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

Can somebody explain to me what the ''load alternate d3d11 shadders'' does?

Thanks,

CM

Due to a bug in unity 5, directx 11 shaders either don't work or crash the game on load. When forcing directx 11 this option loads a different set of shaders that have been compiled with a different unity version, this fixes dx11 for most people. When using dx9 or openGL this option does nothing.

Jool = boring

I love this mod.  Kerbin is amazing, Laythe is great, Duna is absolutely fantastic, the shadows cast on Jool are great - but Jool itself is boring (http://imgur.com/ubiG0MW). It is a uniform pale with none of the features that make Jupiter interesting (jupiterspot_8351.jpg)

Is Jool supposed to look like this or have I installed the mod incorrectly?

Thanks

11 hours ago, 존투인 said:

Jool = boring

I love this mod.  Kerbin is amazing, Laythe is great, Duna is absolutely fantastic, the shadows cast on Jool are great - but Jool itself is boring (http://imgur.com/ubiG0MW). It is a uniform pale with none of the features that make Jupiter interesting (

Thanks

i think you've mistaken what this mod does. It doesn't add clouds. 

22 hours ago, 존투인 said:

Jool = boring

I love this mod.  Kerbin is amazing, Laythe is great, Duna is absolutely fantastic, the shadows cast on Jool are great - but Jool itself is boring (http://imgur.com/ubiG0MW). It is a uniform pale with none of the features that make Jupiter interesting (jupiterspot_8351.jpg)

Thanks

Interesting isn't a word I'd use to describe that. If I were in orbit around that and looked down and saw it, you'd find me curled in a fetal position under the porthole...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Laythe's sky during daytime:

pP3GJme.jpg

Laythe's sky at night (lit by Jool only, placeholder color and intensity):

9QPWe71.jpg

Edited: Extra shot from map view:

PfYIfCi.jpg

That is... planetshine!? :0.0:

Let me rephrase that (in spoiler):

Spoiler

(Colors to represent the Sun, Jool, and Laythe, while Laythe is partially being eclipsed by Jool but is receiving planetshine from Jool)

Is that... planetshine?!:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

Edited by LaytheDragon

2 hours ago, LaytheDragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That is... planetshine!? :0.0:

Let me rephrase that (in spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

(Colors to represent the Sun, Jool, and Laythe, while Laythe is partially being eclipsed by Jool but is receiving planetshine from Jool)

Is that... planetshine?!:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

It would appear so

Edited: Added water reflections

Edited by blackrack

15 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

So cool! Will this affect crafts too, like the old Planetshine mod?

It's not in yet but it's planned.

19 hours ago, LaytheDragon said:

Do those gorgeously amazing, must-have-been-Photoshopped reflections work for the stock water?

They should work but I haven't tested.

Two images showing the "Ghost Atmosphere" bug. Did not find any reliable way to reproduce it. Seems to happen when switching back and forth to the orbital map at low Kerbin orbit:

Edited by Galenmacil

4 minutes ago, Galenmacil said:

Two images showing the "Ghost Atmosphere" bug. Did not find any reliable way to reproduce it. Seems to happen when switching back and forth to the orbital map at low Kerbin orbit:

I get this too. The only temporary fix as directed by the mod-maker is to hit Alt-f11,  and in 'ocean settings' hit 'Rebuild ocean'. This clears it, but doesn't prevent it from happening again. I'm wondering if it's a video card,  opengl issue. It only seems to happen coming in and out of ship/map/tracking station/KSC screens.

2 hours ago, TimKerbin said:

I get this too. The only temporary fix as directed by the mod-maker is to hit Alt-f11,  and in 'ocean settings' hit 'Rebuild ocean'. This clears it, but doesn't prevent it from happening again. I'm wondering if it's a video card,  opengl issue. It only seems to happen coming in and out of ship/map/tracking station/KSC screens.

I've had it happen when just ascending normally as well.

20 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

I fixed this and will release it soon.

Edited: You can already try this dll and see if it works: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/raw/planetShine/scatterer/bin/Release/scatterer.dll

Edited by blackrack