[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 hour ago, SkyKaptn said:

uuhm ..come again?

41 minutes ago, blackrack said:

There's a zip file floating somewhere in the last page or so. Get it then get the new .dll... Or wait for me to get home and update the main download.

found it:

On 25.9.2016 at 3:20 AM, blackrack said:

The weird thing is, shaders in assetbundles are not even compiled, I believe the specific variant for the platform is compiled at runtime, so it seems really weird to me that we'd need to make separate bundles for each platform.

Anyway, thanks.

Edited:

@cy4n try this: https://mega.nz/#!zMRXXAST!AupUlitizBvwBcFDhAfBryF0GSCTsVJMecE66hzfhs8

Edit:

Works on new start, but ocean often disappears on "Go to Space Center" later.
logs needed?

Edited by Speadge

3 hours ago, Speadge said:

found it:

Edit:

Works on new start, but ocean often disappears on "Go to Space Center" later.
logs needed?

Effects disappearing in space center view is a separate issue, does it fix itself when you launch/switch to a ship?

Edited:

In any case, I've updated the main download.

@Galileo I added a setting for the sun's name, "mainSunCelestialBody" in the config. I haven't tested with kopernicus but it should work if you rename the Sun.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Effects disappearing in space center view is a separate issue, does it fix itself when you launch/switch to a ship?

Edited:

In any case, I've updated the main download.

@Galileo I added a setting for the sun's name, "mainSunCelestialBody" in the config. I haven't tested with kopernicus but it should work if you rename the Sun.

I'll test this and let you know!  Thanks for doing this! See this @OhioBob

Edited by Galileo

Tried latest one that is in the first post.

That nasty black things on horizon is still there but its a lot less a thing than it was for 1.1:

p4OYdGO.png

7kkaqBV.png

T7LeLW3.png

UgAnHzk.png

urq1Rr6.png

OOcCKO9.png

Lens flare does not seem to be very round. Should it be that way?

TVlfyIc.png

z85VGhv.png

And then I switched to map and back and my FPS is gone =(

It was all my beloved 120 per second, double press on [M] key and it dropped to around 20, even for space center and main menu.

Log: https://mega.nz/#!d55nmC7R!WgnA-2_a-XrjN4a-JMsC9KNjRimL8rlBGWNaCFXRpoU

Edited by Goury

3 minutes ago, Goury said:

Tried latest one that is in the first post.

That nasty black things on horizon is still there but its a lot less a thing than it was for 1.1:

Lens flare does not seem to be very round. Should it be that way?

And then I switched to map and back and my FPS is gone =(

It was all my beloved 120 per second, double press on [M] key and it dropped to around 20, even for space center and main menu.

Log: https://mega.nz/#!d55nmC7R!WgnA-2_a-XrjN4a-JMsC9KNjRimL8rlBGWNaCFXRpoU

Look mate, I ain't downloading a 200 mb log.

@blackrack

Okay, relaunched KSP, landed, this time switching to map and back does not broke FPS.

Yet there is more problemos.

As I landed, everything seem to be okay except that rings on water (there should be a way to fix this):

q2mfvNP.png

And that nasty black thing on horizon:

EgYtoKJ.png

Yet as soon as I moved camera a little down:

vsEJRo2.png

fKGru0c.png

A little less down, double water:

JZEHaHn.png

And little less, this one seems acceptable:

2TDv8Yf.png

Log, just in case: https://mega.nz/#!AkYRhLBC!GlJw0TLCD8rP4P3MebM-pVVEORpNaadV8_p9UJHRHtI

8 hours ago, Goury said:

@blackrack

Okay, relaunched KSP, landed, this time switching to map and back does not broke FPS.

Yet there is more problemos.

As I landed, everything seem to be okay except that rings on water (there should be a way to fix this):

And that nasty black thing on horizon:

Yet as soon as I moved camera a little down:

A little less down, double water:

And little less, this one seems acceptable:

Log, just in case: https://mega.nz/#!AkYRhLBC!GlJw0TLCD8rP4P3MebM-pVVEORpNaadV8_p9UJHRHtI

All of these are "normal", they are not actual issues but more like technical limitations. They're not exactly a big deal either.

Hello, I apologise if this was discussed further than 5 pages back, but is the lack of scatterer sunflare in the tracking station intentional, or is the stock sunflare I see there a bug?

I see the scatterer one if I am in map view while in flight, just not in the tracking station.

@KerbalMan23 a picture being worth a thousand words is not meant to be taken literally in the case of reporting issues.

if you want Blackrack to even acknowledge your issue, then follow the instructions in this post

Edited by Drew Kerman
included helpful info, cause I'm a nice guy. I guess

Hey blackrack, I will be home soon and want to test out the new scatterer. my only question is this, will the newest version work in 1.1.3? The planet pack I'm working on is going to have to be released on 1.1.3 because kopernicus' future is uncertain for now with the dev being busy IRL. if not its all good. I was perfectly happy with the older versions as well

I'm having an issue with 1.2 Scatterer atmo on OSX 10.9: a "halo" appears around the planet, looking like the atmosphere rim inverted. Similar to this issue up close, although behavior at a distance is a bit different. 

Here's what it looks like in low orbit:

4UY2iP5.png?1

And here's what it looks like from high orbit and in map view:

6XGCYv0.png?1

Screenshots taken with other mods installed but the behavior is the same without them. Same issue occurs on all planets with atmo. I'm currently using the latest 1.2 version from the OP (0.0250), but I've tried all the different .dll's and shaders posted on the past few pages and the ones that worked all shared this problem. I've also tried experimenting with the settings but can't find the one that would lower the hard outer edge down to the black band between the true atmosphere and the inverted one. 

For the time being I've disabled all the planet configs--so I can still use Scatterer's sunflare and terrain shadows at least--but I'd really love to be able to use its atmo effects again as well. I can post my player.log as well, if that would be helpful. 

Edited by Hotaru

13 minutes ago, Hotaru said:

I'm having an issue with 1.2 Scatterer atmo on OSX 10.9: a "halo" appears around the planet, looking like the atmosphere rim inverted. Similar to this issue up close, although behavior at a distance is a bit different. 

Here's what it looks like in low orbit:

And here's what it looks like from high orbit and in map view:

Screenshots taken with other mods installed but the behavior is the same without them. Same issue occurs on all planets with atmo. I'm currently using the latest 1.2 version from the OP (0.0250), but I've tried all the different .dll's and shaders posted on the past few pages and the ones that worked all shared this problem. I've also tried experimenting with the settings but can't find the one that would lower the hard outer edge down to the black band between the true atmosphere and the inverted one. 

For the time being I've disabled all the planet configs--so I can still use Scatterer's sunflare and terrain shadows at least--but I'd really love to be able to use its atmo effects again as well. I can post my player.log as well, if that would be helpful. 

I already mentioned I will make a setting to fix this.

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Hey blackrack, I will be home soon and want to test out the new scatterer. my only question is this, will the newest version work in 1.1.3? The planet pack I'm working on is going to have to be released on 1.1.3 because kopernicus' future is uncertain for now with the dev being busy IRL. if not its all good. I was perfectly happy with the older versions as well

Current version won't work on 1.1.3, but since 1.2 is not officially released I could make a 1.1.3 release.