[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Are there any good packs up? Btw cloud shadows would definitely be amazing.

There are, but the only I know of the top of my head are Astronomer's or Proot's packs.

Right now the cloud shadows in EVE are handled by projectors, but it is less than ideal because projectors :). For PQS it works great (crafts, terrain, buildings all are shadowed), but having a bunch of them for each body would be overkill.

Are there any good packs up? Btw cloud shadows would definitely be amazing.

I'll send you a link to KSPRC dev version ASAP. Among other things, works with wip-EVE and has a 8K Kerbin's texture. But maybe you should get a standard 8K Kerbin texture (mine is pretty enhanced, but colors are not exactly the stock ones).

Does anybody know of a way to render the PQS unlit/unaffected by sunlight?

I don't want it to be dark, I just want it to display the texture color without any light or shadows like this:

EKU4uGH.png

It doesn't necessarily have to render this way, I just want to get the raw color information and pass it to a shader.

I don't want it to be dark, I just want it to display the texture color without any light or shadows like this:

http://i.imgur.com/EKU4uGH.png

It doesn't necessarily have to render this way, I just want to get the raw color information and pass it to a shader.

The terrain ones have MapSO VertexColorMap.

I'm not familiar with the MapSO class so I'm not sure what you can pull out of it. You'll have to browse its members and methods to see what you can do with it

Can you test with 0.14 and report on whether or not you get the same issues with pink stuff? Also, try testing with no other mods.

Same results with 0.014_Experimental, and 0.0151, with or without anisotropic filtering, both with vanilla KSP_linux-1.0.2 x86_64 without any other mods.

EBAhLStm.jpgjRHUsfXm.jpg]

Also with no conflicting mods, I'm still unable to open the GUI with Alt-F10/11, nor MOD-F10/11 (Alt is usually remapped to RShift on Linux). That's with 0.014_Experimental as well as 0.015. And with 0.014, I couldn't for the life of me find the [Kerbin]Settings.txt, so I copied them over from my default KSP install after the first run of tests. 0.015 does have the config directory though.

Been trying Scatterer with stock EVE and Active Texture Management, and I get this glitch when I move around in Map View:

http://i.imgur.com/v03prdn.png

This bug is reported every page or two, I haven't put up any fixes for it so please stop reporting it, I'm very well aware of it. The mod is far from being ready and it's best not to expect to be able to play the game normally with it, it's going to mess the game up one way or another (though i'll try to put up a fix as soon as I get home).

Same results with 0.014_Experimental, and 0.0151, with or without anisotropic filtering, both with vanilla KSP_linux-1.0.2 x86_64 without any other mods.

http://i.imgur.com/EBAhLStm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jRHUsfXm.jpg]

Also with no conflicting mods, I'm still unable to open the GUI with Alt-F10/11, nor MOD-F10/11 (Alt is usually remapped to RShift on Linux). That's with 0.014_Experimental as well as 0.015. And with 0.014, I couldn't for the life of me find the [Kerbin]Settings.txt, so I copied them over from my default KSP install after the first run of tests. 0.015 does have the config directory though.

Persistent config was added in 0.015 and you can't rebind any of the shortcuts yet. I'll try to add shortcuts rebinding but the graphical issues are probably OpenGL-specific. I don't plan to fix these issues right now because I'm still adding and removing stuff in the shaders all the time and I'd have to spend a lot of time updating/fixing the shader every time.

http://i.imgur.com/EKU4uGH.png

You'd have to use a seperate camera attached to the other two/three, then use a replacement shader to change the shader (just use a simple unlit vertex color shader) then have that camera render to a render texture, and pass that to your shader :) There aren't any other good ways I can think of unfortunately. This is how projectors and other effects work BTW.

EDIT: you'll want to look up "replacement Shaders Unity" and render textures. It has been a long time since I've mucked with them.

You'd have to use a seperate camera attached to the other two/three, then use a replacement shader to change the shader (just use a simple unlit vertex color shader) then have that camera render to a render texture, and pass that to your shader :) There aren't any other good ways I can think of unfortunately. This is how projectors and other effects work BTW.

EDIT: you'll want to look up "replacement Shaders Unity" and render textures. It has been a long time since I've mucked with them.

I already use rendertextures in my mod so I'm a little familiar with them, I've read about replacement shaders and how they can be used to create custom depth/normal buffers but have no experience with them.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll Try doing that.

One last question, does forcing deferred rendering cause the camera to render a full size Gbuffer or is the only easy way to do that in unity the shared 32bit (16/16) buffer?

Persistent config was added in 0.015 and you can't rebind any of the shortcuts yet. I'll try to add shortcuts rebinding but the graphical issues are probably OpenGL-specific.

I just wanted to let you know the keybinds are not working, even if there aren't any conflicting mods using those same keys.

I don't plan to fix these issues right now because I'm still adding and removing stuff in the shaders all the time and I'd have to spend a lot of time updating/fixing the shader every time.

Understood. Would it help, or does it even make sense, for me to try and remove one shader at a time to isolate the one that causes the pink textures, even if it breaks the overall effects? I don't know a bit about shaders, so that would be my only route of locating the culprit.

I just wanted to let you know the keybinds are not working, even if there aren't any conflicting mods using those same keys.

Understood. Would it help, or does it even make sense, for me to try and remove one shader at a time to isolate the one that causes the pink textures, even if it breaks the overall effects? I don't know a bit about shaders, so that would be my only route of locating the culprit.

If you try to remove a single shader the whole mod will stop working so it won't work. I'd say the culprit is the postprocessing shader, it's the most complicated and the one with the most problems.

Sorry, but I understand blackrack. If this gonna be sticky, probably this post needs more moderation. A.K.A delete the flood. These are unacceptable behaviours and affects to all of us in many manners. I'm the first that sometimes push too much for the things that I like over here, but we must have some clear limits.

Is not constructive, is overwhelming for the modders and really bad for the forums (even for the game).

How can I get this to work properly with WindowShine / TextureReplacer? The mod mostly works, but the atmosphere is rendered weirdly in the reflection cube, causing things like this:

Z9c6CJ4.png?2

I'd really like to use both mods, but this annoys the crap out of me. Any suggestions?

How can I get this to work properly with WindowShine / TextureReplacer? The mod mostly works, but the atmosphere is rendered weirdly in the reflection cube, causing things like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Z9c6CJ4.png?2

I'd really like to use both mods, but this annoys the crap out of me. Any suggestions?

This is not a complete mod so much as an open work in progress, which has been made available to the public in order to help track bugs and find ways of improving the code.

In some old great guys words:

Ask not what your mod can do for you, but what you can do for your mod.

Feel free to submit copies of your log files and detailed bug reports with reproduction steps, list of of installed mods, screens shots and all that sort of stuff, and perhaps the kind modder who has donated his free time can make this mod even better then it already is.

EDIT: TL: DR; To be clear, it is well known this "mod" has issues, and discussion of many UI and code improvements have already taken place, however the modder has less spare time to continue development due to RL.

5char

http://i.imgur.com/Z9c6CJ4.png?2

As it's a texturereplacer problem, why are you posting in this thread?

If the reflection is wrong, the problem comes from the reflection.

It's pretty normal: the TRreflection plugin is still recent and scatterer is in development. How can we expect this will work without problems??

First we must let the mod be developed, and then we'll worry about the problems arising. Don't you think, people? :rolleyes:

If the reflection is wrong, the problem comes from the reflection.

It's pretty normal: the TRreflection plugin is still recent and scatterer is in development. How can we expect this will work without problems??

First we must let the mod be developed, and then we'll worry about the problems arising. Don't you think, people? :rolleyes:

I fully agree. By the way, your work on KSPRC is amazing, thank you and blackrack for everything you did !

Alright, that's it, remove the sticky, we're done here.

Well done people because of the lack off ability to read Blackrack could well drop this the best visual mod to ever hit ksp THIS MOD IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT so there are issues but they dont need reporting 1000 times so please STOP

@Blackrack maybe remove download link and do a private dev for you rbray89 and a select few testers?

i know its not ideal but its far from that at the moment too

from 81 pages about 20 off them would just be people reporting the same issues over and over, irritates me so you must be at your wits end

Edited by BrutalRIP