Jump to content

[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support


blackrack
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Recently I learned that scaterrer only provides eclipse shadows to the bodies with atmospheres, you can even see it in the config. Is it possible to extend this functionality to all the bodies?

EVE does it for all the bodies so you can use it's eclipse system for now.

EVE-redux uses the same soft eclipse shadows as scatterer now.

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

EVE does it for all the bodies so you can use it's eclipse system for now.

EVE-redux uses the same soft eclipse shadows as scatterer now.

Yep, that's what I'm using. It just doesn't look as good and renders on the other side of the body. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Yep, that's what I'm using. It just doesn't look as good and renders on the other side of the body. 

Show screenshots. It should look the same with eve-redux. The other side thing I have a fix for which I didn't propagate to eve. Guess I should unify the eclipse systems sometime, and improve how it's handled in scatterer to local objects and oceans.

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

Show screenshots. It should look the same with eve-redux.

I'm sorry, what I said was not clear. What I meant is it doesn't look good because it's rendering on the other side. It doesn't look worse than scaterrer's one in terms of quality. My bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

I think that's from TUFX, I've seen it sometimes when HDR's activated.

What’s HDR?

(Asides from High Def Resolution)

also, I don’t have TUFX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, AtomicTech said:

How do I tone down that odd wavy effect on the cabin lights?

I beleive this is from the Scatterer SMAA, which can be turned off, but sadly that means you won't have anti-aliasing anymore as Scatterer disables the stock MSAA and the Scatterer TAA is broken. You could try using anti-aliasing from TUFX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2021 at 7:58 AM, Ozzy.R said:

Laythe's clouds are fine in some places but are bright red or yellow in others. This happens weather or not OPM is installed.

  Reveal hidden contents

EGxUmKv.png

9KxodP5.png

 

Can confirm the issue persists in the latest update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DDE said:

Can confirm the issue persists in the latest update.

This is an issue with the config, not with scatterer, so report it to the config pack's thread.

Edited by blackrack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[EDIT] This is a Parallax issue, not Scatterer. I first noticed it when installing Scaterrer so misclassified the issue. Moving to Parallax support thread..

Hi all, could someone comment on a pixelation issue? You can see it in the distance in this picture. I have both Scatterer and EVE [edit] and Parallax - not sure if that's related, or if I need to fix my Scatterer config. Thanks!

aKzbyXI.png

Edited by Voqk
update installed mods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Voqk said:

Hi all, could someone comment on a pixelation issue? You can see it in the distance in this picture. I have both Scatterer and EVE - not sure if that's related, or if I need to fix my Scatterer config. Thanks!

aKzbyXI.png

Do you have parralax installed by any chance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Do you have parralax installed by any chance?

Ah - yes I do. I see this covered in it's support thread, moving this there.

Edited by Voqk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would it be possible for Scatterer to change the color of stock particle effects at sunset/sunrise, similar to what it does to EVE clouds? I think this would be pretty cool- dust kicked up by your Duna lander scattered blue...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, doing some mod updates with other mods and ran into a weird issue. Scatterer somehow thinks it's incompatible with itself on CKAN. Whenever I try and install any mod at all or make any change, I immediately get the error "* Scatterer 3:v0.0830 conflicts with Scatterer"

Any idea why? I haven't changed anything with Scatterer and the mods I'm trying to install don't effect Scatterer in any way. I can't even remove mods; any modlist update in CKAN gives me this error. I'm also not trying to remove or update Scatterer.

I'll also add that the mod itself is working perfectly fine in-game. I jus can't do anything in CKAN unless I remove it.

Edited by RyGuy_McFly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@blackrack I've been having a problem with scatterer 0.0830. I know this is a problem with scatterer in particular because these issues resolve themselves when I revert back to version 0.0772. The problem with this is that certain features are unavailable, and, despite the problems I've found, I can see some improvements present in 0.0830 compared to 0.0772, which is why I would like to resolve the issue instead of running away from it. Don't want to miss out on future versions of scatterer.

A summary of the problem is that many colours aren't what they're supposed to be. A complete list is available in the following link: https://imgur.com/a/uEaqGnQ

Edited by intelliCom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's because 'visual packs' that mainly just provide their own Scatterer and EVE setups haven't been updated to work with Scatterer's new functionality. At the time of writing this affects AVP, Spectra, SVE etc. etc.

It has nothing, per se, to do with Scatterer. Scatterer is working just fine.

Edited by Poodmund
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

Would it be possible for Scatterer to change the color of stock particle effects at sunset/sunrise, similar to what it does to EVE clouds? I think this would be pretty cool- dust kicked up by your Duna lander scattered blue...

Scatterer changes the color of sunlight so if these particles took into account light color they would have it seamlessly. I'm not personally interested in modifying the particles shaders but if someone else wants to do it they just have to take into account _LightColor0 and it's done.

5 hours ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Hi there, doing some mod updates with other mods and ran into a weird issue. Scatterer somehow thinks it's incompatible with itself on CKAN. Whenever I try and install any mod at all or make any change, I immediately get the error "* Scatterer 3:v0.0830 conflicts with Scatterer"

Any idea why? I haven't changed anything with Scatterer and the mods I'm trying to install don't effect Scatterer in any way. I can't even remove mods; any modlist update in CKAN gives me this error. I'm also not trying to remove or update Scatterer.

I'll also add that the mod itself is working perfectly fine in-game. I jus can't do anything in CKAN unless I remove it.

This is a CKAN issue so try asking in the CKAN thread. Probably you can do a manual cleanup outside of CKAN.

3 hours ago, intelliCom said:

@blackrack I've been having a problem with scatterer 0.0830. I know this is a problem with scatterer in particular because these issues resolve themselves when I revert back to version 0.0772. The problem with this is that certain features are unavailable, and, despite the problems I've found, I can see some improvements present in 0.0830 compared to 0.0772, which is why I would like to resolve the issue instead of running away from it. Don't want to miss out on future versions of scatterer.

A summary of the problem is that many colours aren't what they're supposed to be. A complete list is available in the following link: https://imgur.com/a/uEaqGnQ

Like Poodmund said, these configs haven't been updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, blackrack said:

Like Poodmund said, these configs haven't been updated.

That's unusual. I installed them using CKAN, and CKAN says that the default config is the same version as scatterer itself; 0.0830. CKAN considers this the latest update of Scatterer. What version should I be using?

https://imgur.com/a/5UkVaUD

Edit: Just saw Poodmund's comment. So it's more of a compatability issue between AVP and Scatterer + EVE then? When could I expect to see it fixed?

[MOVING TO AVP THREAD]

Edited by intelliCom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Scatterer changes the color of sunlight so if these particles took into account light color they would have it seamlessly. I'm not personally interested in modifying the particles shaders but if someone else wants to do it they just have to take into account _LightColor0 and it's done.

How can one change that? Im interested in seeing if I can make Duna have a blue sunset like Mars :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, intelliCom said:

That's unusual. I installed them using CKAN, and CKAN says that the default config is the same version as scatterer itself; 0.0830. CKAN considers this the latest update of Scatterer. What version should I be using?

https://imgur.com/a/5UkVaUD

Edit: Just saw Poodmund's comment. So it's more of a compatability issue between AVP and Scatterer + EVE then? When could I expect to see it fixed?

Ask in AVP thread.

1 hour ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

How can one change that? Im interested in seeing if I can make Duna have a blue sunset like Mars :P

Duna already has a blue sunset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but is there a fix yet for Scatterer causing Kerbin's atmosphere to extend out massively 5 times it's normal height yet? I have Scatterer with AVP and it looks unimmersive and awful with the new look, it was perfectly fine before the recent update.  It was raised a while ago, but haven't seen any fixes yet. 

Any help to fix the terrible new huge atmosphere would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Here is a link of the previous post describing this same problem - https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip19x-112x-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-00830-28012022-scattering-improvements-in-game-atmo-generation-and-multi-sun-support/&do=findComment&comment=4055263

Edited by Kerb Your Enthusiasm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...