[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

33 minutes ago, cobbman11 said:

@blackrack, I'll just park here until the the next Scatterer release.

XjrZI2y.png

Oh lord, I haven't seen the stock ocean in a while. Beautiful as always cobbman.

Btw I haven't tested lights on the new ocean but I'm assuming they won't work.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, soulsource said:

The latest release didn't work for me either. The fix for me was simple: I only had to rename the Config folder to config (all lower case).

22 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

What @soulsource said is likely the issue. The Linux file system is case-sensitive and sometimes the config directory has a capital C. I'd suggest checking that. This is a potential bug that @blackrack is aware of.

1 hour ago, cobbman11 said:

I'll just park here until the the next Scatterer release.

@cobbman11 Holy flying cows how nasty looking seaplane you got there and nicely parked! Especially cockpit, crew cabin and those pontoos suit very well for seaplanes. perfect design for seaplane imo. I think my this evening goes with seaplane redesigns after saw this one. :D May I ask what part mods were used with KAX?

Edited by Murdox

Ocean shaders will be released once we have a collection of 10 different sea planes, 2 carriers, 2 submarines and 1 yamato class battleship posted here. Get working, I want full albums and mod list.

Edited: Also, I want F-14s on the carriers.

Edited by blackrack

On 11/30/2015, 8:40:13, blackrack said:

Does anybody know anything about the new buoyancy system and how it works? Specifically, I'm looking to change the height of what the buoyancy system considers as the "surface" for a given part or ship. If such a thing is even possible.

Yes, each PartBuoyancy monobehavior has public double waterLevel which is an offset that that behavior uses when calculating depth.

(Note: I never set that value, only read it. But it doesn't pull from anywhere, so you have to set it for each behavior as it comes into being.)

As to the pics: amazing work as always, of course. :)

Edited by NathanKell

8 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Yes, each PartBuoyancy monobehavior has public double waterLevel which is an offset that that behavior uses when calculating depth.

(Note: I never set that value, only read it. But it doesn't pull from anywhere, so you have to set it for each behavior as it comes into being.)

As to the pics: amazing work as always, of course. :)

Nice, how do I access these? Can I just seach for parts in the scene, grab them, get their PartBuoyancy and adjust it?

Alright, I'll take a look later on.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Ocean shaders will be released once we have a collection of 10 different sea planes, 2 carriers, 2 submarines and 1 yamato class battleship posted here. Get working, I want full albums and mod list.

Here's a DeHavilland Beaver for you:

Mod List (craft is stock but on my install I have):

Edited by gkorgood

26 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Nice, how do I access these? Can I just seach for parts in the scene, grab them, get their PartBuoyancy and adjust it?

Alright, I'll take a look later on.

Yep, you can do that, or use MM to add a water offset changing module to all parts (will catch all but EVA kerbals). Note only parts with full physics significance will have partbuoyancy (well, will have _working_ partbuoyancy, if it detects no RB on the part it returns, but it may still get added...)

17 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

Here's a DeHavilland Beaver for you:

Beautiful, 9 sea planes, 2 carriers, 2 submarines and 1 yamato class battleship to go. I was just talking about part mods for the craft thogh.

Btw you should be preparing for your finals :P

Edited by blackrack

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

Beautiful, 9 sea planes, 2 carriers, 2 submarines and 1 yamato class battleship to go.

Btw you should be preparing for your finals :P

But this is so much more fun than the Materials Science Class I'm sitting in right now :sticktongue:

PostProcessing is now working perfectly with the ocean, no longer relying on the depth buffer. This also nullifies the moire patterns, but we already had a fix for these (and we still need it for horizon artifacts).

OoRlzK7.jpg

Random image because I thought it looked cool.

NUMIVQn.jpg

Obligatory sunset

sRDir1U.jpg

We're getting really close to release, but I still don't see my planes and my boats anywhere...

21 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

But this is so much more fun than the Materials Science Class I'm sitting in right now :sticktongue:

Fair enough.

40 minutes ago, blackrack said:

PostProcessing is now working perfectly with the ocean, no longer relying on the depth buffer. This also nullifies the moire patterns, but we already had a fix for these (and we still need it for horizon artifacts).

OoRlzK7.jpg

Random image because I thought it looked cool.

NUMIVQn.jpg

Obligatory sunset

sRDir1U.jpg

We're getting really close to release, but I still don't see my planes and my boats anywhere...

Fair enough.

Holy hell, looking good! I don't know about your demands, though... :wink:
What's your current ETA on the release?

Edited by cobbman11

Just now, blackrack said:

I've got the yamato covered ;)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Monkthespy said:

I haven't posted in such a long time. But for this? This is incredible blackrack, and I can't wait to see what you do next.
Quick question: is the water going to have multi planet support already? Or is that a later update?

It will, it's integrated into the multiplanet system.

2 minutes ago, blackrack said:

It will, it's integrated into the multiplanet system.

Thanks, this is going to be awesome. I will attempt to break Scatterer and put an ocean on Jool (Which I know won't work, as there isn't any water there anyways).

Edited by Monkthespy

1 minute ago, Monkthespy said:

Thanks, this is going to be awesome. I will attempt to break Scatterer and put an ocean on Jool (Which I know won't work, as there isn't any water there anyways).

If it has a radius, the ocean will be at that radius. But good luck getting to it.

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

If it has a radius, the ocean will be at that radius. But good luck getting to it.

I thought oceans were based off the PQS system and Jool doesn't have a PQS?

Edited by Monkthespy