Jump to content

[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support


blackrack
 Share

Recommended Posts

Im having trouble installing this mod, I'm trying to intall version 0.021. But when the download finishes it shows me a config file, a bunch of SHADER files, and the .dll. I tried several approaches to installing but all have lead to nothing looking different, if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Noname115 said:

Im having trouble installing this mod, I'm trying to intall version 0.021. But when the download finishes it shows me a config file, a bunch of SHADER files, and the .dll. I tried several approaches to installing but all have lead to nothing looking different, if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Drop the contents of the GameData folder into your Scatterer folder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Noname115 said:

Im having trouble installing this mod, I'm trying to intall version 0.021. But when the download finishes it shows me a config file, a bunch of SHADER files, and the .dll. I tried several approaches to installing but all have lead to nothing looking different, if anyone can help me out that would be great.

put all of those shader files and the dll and the config folder in one folder in GameData named scatterer. so the file address should read: 

~\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\scatterer\config

also, rename the "Config" folder to "config" (case sensitive).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cobbman11 said:

Drop the contents of the GameData folder into your Scatterer folder.

Yeah, I looked into a old version of the mod and it seems that he forgot to enter the "scatterer" folder before the contents. While that solves that issue, I have more. I'm not sure why but the scatterer effects don't show up in the map view or on the main menu like it used to, is this a problem with 1.0.5 or scatterer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Noname115 said:

Yeah, I looked into a old version of the mod and it seems that he forgot to enter the "scatterer" folder before the contents. While that solves that issue, I have more. I'm not sure why but the scatterer effects don't show up in the map view or on the main menu like it used to, is this a problem with 1.0.5 or scatterer?

Also, when I say "map view", I meant to say the Tracking station, while in-flight the scatterer effects do show up, but for neither the Tracking station or main menu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm getting an issue where in cockpit/IVA the ocean vanishes if I roll past 90* or go upside-down, I removed EVE and SkyTonemapper so it's pretty much just part mods left. Is anyone else getting this or will I be making a new install? Looks incredible by the way :)

Edited by Darren9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cobbman11 said:

Those waves are gorgeous! I haven't really messed around with the config yet. Which settings did you play with?

I changed AMP to 00012 and wind speed to 00006. Other settings didn't seem to change much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 0.021 there are no config files for RSS Earth and Mars.

I copied files from 0.0195 and there are issues.  Earth from space in Staging view looks too blue and too blurry (though it could be just my opinion)screenshot80.png

In Map view issues are different and worse (or funnier): see shadowed blue ball over Earth center?

screenshot79.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really can't get this to work even on the previous update before the ocean shader. The mod(previous) doesn't appear and now with the new update(ocean shader), the mod doesn't appear and I'm stuck at 1 fps. I'm using Ubuntu MATE 15.10 x64 with Steam KSP factory default, no modifications.

Edit: I use the right file directory too

Edited by Jeorge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jeorge said:

 

I really can't get this to work even on the previous update before the ocean shader. The mod(previous) doesn't appear and now with the new update(ocean shader), the mod doesn't appear and I'm stuck at 1 fps. I'm using Ubuntu MATE 15.10 x64 with Steam KSP factory default, no modifications.

Edit: I use the right file directory too

Are you using the command line options for 64bit and opengl optimizations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Are you using the command line options for 64bit and opengl optimizations?

I don't use the command 64 option to leave everything out as default, I haven't tried the opengl optimization, how do i do that? Is it required for this mod?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Jeorge said:

I don't use the command 64 option to leave everything out as default, I haven't tried the opengl optimization, how do i do that? Is it required for this mod?

So in your steam Ksp launch options you need to put

%command%_64 _GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1

This used all my memory so you had best use the 64bit switch

Edited by selfish_meme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jeorge said:

I really can't get this to work even on the previous update before the ocean shader. The mod(previous) doesn't appear and now with the new update(ocean shader), the mod doesn't appear and I'm stuck at 1 fps. I'm using Ubuntu MATE 15.10 x64 with Steam KSP factory default, no modifications.

Edit: I use the right file directory too

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble on Linux.  Same deal, 1fps with no mods (except scatterer).  My terrain appears to have vanished too :P

threw everything in a GameData/scatterer folder and made sure the config folder was lowercase

Edited by Chris P. Bacon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

So in your steam Ksp launch options you need to put

%command%_64 _GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1

This used all my memory so you had best use the 64bit switch

Sorry it's still not working, scattering doesn't show and it's stuck at 1 fps, no other mods and all the settings are at default. I use the Nvidia 352.63 drivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...