[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

7 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Exactly. Ah, makes sense. Figured I'd check in-case.

Yeah, that is what you want to make sure that the terrain doesn't "bleed-through" the ocean when cloud coverage is present. It won't let cloud shadows show on the ocean, but it will stop some of the glitches.

Well to be honest, when I was doing testing, I thought the occasional glitch at sea level is worth keeping the shadows, it just looked really weird when the shadows would go by an the disappear as they reach the ocean.

Just now, blackrack said:

Well to be honest, when I was doing testing, I thought the occasional glitch at sea level is worth keeping the shadows, it just looked really weird when the shadows would go by an the disappear as they reach the ocean.

Hmm... well if you are removing the default ocean anyways, You may as well bump the order up :)

As well, it looks like my PQS ocean removal doesn't hold when the PQS is Rebuilt. I think the flag might be cleared then. Not sure what to do about it, but I'll keep looking.

11 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Hmm... well if you are removing the default ocean anyways, You may as well bump the order up :)

As well, it looks like my PQS ocean removal doesn't hold when the PQS is Rebuilt. I think the flag might be cleared then. Not sure what to do about it, but I'll keep looking.

I haven't tested it yet actually, but what happens?

Edited:

@Space Cowbuoy try this:  https://mega.nz/#!jFplVJrR!WqtAGscQ_vBOAKf5HuZazOIPudahLSF4nsIq_WAXyN0 edit the oceanRenderQueue field to values between 2000-2500-3000, see if that fixes it. If you find a setting you want to be saved, add a line oceanRenderQueue= *your value here* to the planetsList.cfg file.

Edited by blackrack

5 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Hey loving the new ocean update, but I am having a few issues, if you'd want to take a look.

You can see that it's black in some places, and I don't know which settings to tweak.

Thanks.

Are you running linux?

11 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Hey loving the new ocean update, but I am having a few issues, if you'd want to take a look.

You can see that it's black in some places, and I don't know which settings to tweak.

Thanks.

Test without any other mods and report back. Also give platform and renderer.

1 minute ago, TaintedLion said:

Yais.

There's an issue with file names being capitalized and linux not finding them which I think blackrack is planning on fixing sometime soon. There could be more problems though.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

8 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Are you running linux?

It's a known issue on ganoo slash linuccs. I have the same issue.

Edit: No other mods installed, I know directx isn't available on gnu/linux, opengl is the default.

Edited by Jeorge

4 minutes ago, Jeorge said:

It's a known issue on ganoo slash linuccs. I have the same issue.

Edit: No other mods installed, I know directx isn't available on gnu/linux, opengl is the default.

Well, OpenGL seems to work fine on windows. Not sure what the issue might be.

5 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

There's an issue with file names being capitalized and linux not finding them which I think blackrack is planning on fixing sometime soon. There could be more problems though.

That was fixed.

5 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

Im also have some black artifact's using windows   

sorry about picture size cant work out how to add an album

try without mods, try different video settings, try a different renderer etc, I can't replicate any of these issues.

7 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Well, OpenGL seems to work fine on windows. Not sure what the issue might be.

That was fixed.

Ah! Nvm then! :blush:

7 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

Im also have some black artifact's using windows   

3WbGnb2.jpgkiAzuE3.jpg

sorry about picture size cant work out how to add an album

Dude... if those artifacts where green it would look like seaweed... *ponders ideas*

For GNU/Linux users who are experiencing dark artifacts on the ocean, It may be worth trying to disable edge highlighting(PPFX) and thermal highlights on the graphics setting then restart your game. It fixed mine. No guarantees though.

Update: It's only fixed when you start a game, then after a scene change it goes back to dark again.

Update2: If you revert to Space Center. The ocean looks fine.

Edited by Jeorge

I heard you wanted sea planes...

Here's the Sea Hippo. Designed as part of the Deep Diver challenge it is an extremely capable seaplane with a lot of room. And exhibits very manageable landing speeds. Craft file available upon request. Pure stock, default Scatterer settings.

27 minutes ago, sashan said:

Am I the only one who gets Kerbin stripped of oceans after reverting flight?

I am getting it too, but only when reverting to launch. Reverting to VAB/SPH is fine.

Edit: using openGL, not tested dX

Edit 2: Tested with directX and It seems to be OpenGL specific. What is wierd is that is happenes every two times:

-revert to launch first: no ocean

-revert to launch second: ocean

-revert to launch third: no ocean

-revert to launch fourth: ocean

...and so on and so on

Edited by SkyKaptn

21 minutes ago, FlipNascar said:

I heard you wanted sea planes...

Here's the Sea Hippo. Designed as part of the Deep Diver challenge it is an extremely capable seaplane with a lot of room. And exhibits very manageable landing speeds. Craft file available upon request. Pure stock, default Scatterer settings.

Is that a new kind of artifacts you're getting?

29 minutes ago, Jeorge said:

For GNU/Linux users who are experiencing dark artifacts on the ocean, It may be worth trying to disable edge highlighting(PPFX) and thermal highlights on the graphics setting then restart your game. It fixed mine. No guarantees though.

Update: It's only fixed when you start a game, then after a scene change it goes back to dark again.

Update2: If you revert to Space Center. The ocean looks fine.

Well it's a start, I guess better setup a linux partition and take a look at it. Which linux distro is best for this? Last time I tried to run KSP on ubuntu everything was horrible, from installing drivers to how badly the game runs, has the situation improved in the last two years?

6 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Is that a new kind of artifacts you're getting?

Well it's a start, I guess better setup a linux partition and take a look at it. Which linux distro is best for this? Last time I tried to run KSP on ubuntu everything was horrible, from installing drivers to how badly the game runs, has the situation improved in the last two years?

Well, I personally use Ubuntu MATE, it's like the old Ubuntu Gnome2 desktop, a traditional desktop environment, so I'd recommend that. Overall, the game performance seems fine, to me atleast.

I just did a whole run of Ares I and Ares V lunar missions, and the Scatterer and EVE effects steal the show ;)  Will take me a while to edit the video though (slingshot past the earth and barely enough fuel to get back, had to do an aerobrake orbit to slow down and do final decent on 2nd orbit, will all be cut out of the video so it will seem like a perfect return ;) ).

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Oh man, it's so pretty! Too bad the new version with the water shaders destroy my framerate!

?? It hasn't had any noticeable impact on performance on my end.... I'm pretty sure Blackrack made it so it wouldn't