Five motes in God's eye: An attempt at the Jool-5 challenge, Jebediah level

Dawnstar

Hey! Pretty cool and funny mission! Can you please upload the normal screenshots too so people can check fuel consumption too?

Thanks!

I took screenshots exclusively with Alt-F12. While I do have the full-screen, original images, I would be very sorry if the pictures above didn't give you a very full idea, especially for Laythe and Tylo. Just to double-down on the most difficult missions, here are full-screens for the first two landings on both.

Laythe, first landing

5117full28c-Laythe-landing.jpg Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

Laythe, reorbit

3874full31reorbit.jpg Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

Tylo, shortly after separation from Atrytone

2644full55a-tylo-landing.jpg Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

Tylo, landed, fuel status

1840full55b-tylo-landing.jpg Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

Tylo, about to re dock with the Atrytone

3652full31reorbit.jpg Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

If there are any other part of the sequence where doubt might be entertained, I'll provide the relevant images. However, I do not wish to dump everything into an imgur folder. I think that interface is crap for story-telling, and telling a story is why I participated in the challenge.

Edited by Dawnstar

That was a very interesting mission report. Loved the ship and the images. Although there's some gaps in your fuel/dv info, it appears legit. According to the Dv map, and using the difference between landing and orbital stats, you had enough fuel for all burns that had enough stats to do the math on. So in my modest opinion, this is a successful Jool 5!

Hey Dawnstar, pretty cool mission and story but I have to check your fuel consumption throughout your mission to see if you progressed as it is in the pictures.

So I mean fuel levels for your main ship, and when and how you refueled from your main ship (if you did), etc... if you just upload all your mission pictures into an imgur album without any additional text will do well.

It's good if you have your fuel levels window opened but not necessary - in other missions I already recognized cheating on the small fuel indicators on the left side too! :D

This is important because hyperediting the different ships into different orbits or magically refueling them is easy. But JOOL-5 is a hard challenge and the badge can only be earned if it was done as a real space mission.

So if you can't provide those pictures then I can't accept this mission!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.