Devnote Tuesday: Experimental Improvements

SQUAD

Has anyone seen the new SPH overlay that's supposed to show you drag/lift yet?

Yep, about 125 people have. The Experimentals Team, Squad's QA and Devs. I don't think they are allowed to release any footage or images just yet, so we'll have to hang tight to see it in action. Maybe this weekend, assuming preview videos are allowed to be released then.

Like 15 pages of people crying that their tank has been re-purposed in a game that challenges you to think up new designs for new challenges. This is a new challenge, kids. Think up a new design.

Removing a unique part is not a challenge. It's a removal of a unique part and nothing more.

I wonder what will happen if you put a wing inside a wing. double lift?

Hopefully not...

- - - Updated - - -

Not even happening any more, the ROUND-8 is staying as a 0.625 LFO tank but getting its numbers balanced while RoverDude made a new 1.25 Xenon tank

Round8 wasn't 0.625... It's 1.25. Just small in height.

Round8 wasn't 0.625... It's 1.25. Just small in height.

Depends how you define it. The attach nodes are the same as 0.625m parts, the center of the toroid is exactly the size of 0.625m parts, and it was added with all the small diameter probe parts in 0.18. IMO it was meant as a tank for 0.625m probes (though of course people found many other creative ways to use it).

Depends how you define it. The attach nodes are the same as 0.625m parts, the center of the toroid is exactly the size of 0.625m parts, and it was added with all the small diameter probe parts in 0.18. IMO it was meant as a tank for 0.625m probes (though of course people found many other creative ways to use it).

My favourite was a hybrid jet/rocket engine I saw somewhere on the forums, where it was stuck inside a turbojet, with that small orange Rockomax engine nested inside.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.