The Round8 Toroidal Fuel Tank was repurposed as a 1.25m inline Xenon Tank

Id like to see you land a rover on Duna with ion engines and no parachutes!

This! My favorite use for the Round8 is for rover jump jets. Just a little fuel to save my self from a bad situation or get up a large hill with ant engines. It just looks the part, stacks well, and is generally all around awesome.

RCS is much more useful in small crafts, as is xeon.

Dude, I get that you want to troll this movement but do you realize that a simple texture replacement by Squad will make both parties happy? What could you possible have against this??

Almost my entire friends activity page is a giant wall of "SAVE THE LIFESAVER" xD.

Dude, I get that you want to troll this movement but do you realize that a simple texture replacement by Squad will make both parties happy? What could you possible have against this??

I agree with you there mate.

Keeping a useless part is what I am against, I never use it. I would use it if it were bigger (diametre of the entire thing being 1.25 m and the tube part being twice as big); then I would want it cloned, but keep the textures for the xeon one.

I am not trying to troll it, I am showing how I support squad's idea for the second time (aero update being first).

Squad, leave the poor donut alone!

It never did anything to you guys!

At least give it a memorial, or even better, a friend!

A tank with the same texture but in the Grey and Bright yellow paint scheme.

DMSP for the pair!

- - - Updated - - -

New Hashtag, use it everywhere!

#Savethedonut

Please save the LFO Round8, Squad. It is NOT equivalent to the Oscar-B (I have used them both in quite different situations). The Round8 has a unique aesthetic that makes it great for designers.

If we need a 1.25-meter Xenon tank (and I believe we do) then just make a new part for that, please.

This thread needs a poll, because any thread looking to form consensus on an issue needs a poll.

Also I vote to keep the Round8 because it was such a useful part for my microlanders, EVA pods and tiny SSTOs.

In fact, the change makes no real sense? Why does HarvesteR hate it so much that he couldn't simply make a new tank? Was he secretly crippled by a Round8 and now his heart is filled with nothing but seething hatred and a single-minded desire to see it destroyed?

Or is it something more sinister?

Perhaps he was kidnapped and brainwashed by the Gnomes of Xenon, a terrifying Illuminati organization who secretly want to replace all our LFO tanks with Xenon tanks as part of their insidious plan to control KSP?

Some day we will discover the real reason...

The Truth is Out There!

The Round-8 isn't just another fuel tank. It's the only tank available in the inventory with a hole in the middle, which makes it perfect for mounting in tight quarters with an engine.

Clone it or reassign something else, but *PLEASE* don't take away our round-8!

-Slashy

You want a fuek tank with a hole in it? I can try to make that tommorow.

Squad could make one in 2 seconds

why replace our current one

seriously SQUAD, Make it still hold LFO and just use a silver one for Xenon

also you can't spell labhouse

it's xenon

This thread needs a poll, because any thread looking to form consensus on an issue needs a poll.

Also I vote to keep the Round8 because it was such a useful part for my microlanders, EVA pods and tiny SSTOs.

In fact, the change makes no real sense? Why does HarvesteR hate it so much that he couldn't simply make a new tank? Was he secretly crippled by a Round8 and now his heart is filled with nothing but seething hatred and a single-minded desire to see it destroyed?

Or is it something more sinister?

Perhaps he was kidnapped and brainwashed by the Gnomes of Xenon, a terrifying Illuminati organization who secretly want to replace all our LFO tanks with Xenon tanks as part of their insidious plan to control KSP?

Some day we will discover the real reason...

The Truth is Out There!

There is already a poll about this issue: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115621-Do-you-think-Squad-should-leave-the-Round8-Toroidal-Tank-alone

I was about to create a poll the other day but that guy was faster than me!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.