Do you think Squad should leave the Round8 Toroidal Tank alone?

Do you like the Round8 the way it is?  

522 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Round8 the way it is?

• Yes! Leave it alone! Use something else for Xenon
    • No. I want it to be Xenon.
    • I don't care/I won't use it either way.

The current tank is very useful so I'd hate to lose it from Stock. To simplify and reduce the number of tanks though, why not make them all modular so that the resource for each can be changes in the VAB. B9 uses this for their parts and I love it.

I'd vote for both, but if it went Xenon I'm sure I could easily mod a standard fuel version back in. And I'm sure most who need a Xenon version, which would be extremely useful, actually, are capable of modding it in. And modders will provide for those who can't.

Agreed. The Xenon version could be coloured light blue to differentiate between the two. I don't know about you guys, but a blue ROUND8 would look pretty neat.

Or a brighter yellow, to make it more like the existing xenon tanks, and more obviously one of them.

I do think having that on probes would look extra awesome.

When Tweakables came out I thought that it was going to let you pick the fuel for each tank, not just adjust the amount.

This was my impression as well and I was a little disappointed when I discovered that it wasn't the case. Not only that, but unless it was changed in 0.90, the fuel amounts can only be adjusted to certain threshold values. Feels like a pointlessly limited system to me.

But on the topic at hand, I am (as many others are) having a very hard time figuring out why this was done instead of simply creating a new tank. My guess is that this was a spur of the moment decision with little thought put into it, and it will end up being reverted before too long.

When Tweakables came out I thought that it was going to let you pick the fuel for each tank, not just adjust the amount.

Yeah, likewise. Tweakables was a MASSIVE disappointment. It was hyped up that we'd be able to "tweak everything!" and it turns out that we can actually tweak almost nothing :/

Nothing says "1.0 version" like a randomly colourised copy of another part.

Nothing says "1.0 version" like rushing through with a whole, entire beta release, so I don't think that having some meshes re-used would be any sort of major issue. Besides, it worked just fine for GTA 5..

Anyhow, Squad's "1.0" is everybody else's "Early Access", so if you think everything else will be all smooth 1.0-ness, you're in for a rude, RUDE awakening come release day. This ain't gonna be a polished product. (I'm actually fine with that, updates = awesomeness, but they shouldn't lead people on with this "beta 0.90" and "release 1.0" BS)

(To be fair to Squad, 99% of software houses today are more like "dropping a deuce" than "dropping 1.0" anyhow, so Squad's actually ahead of the curve.)

I haz Idea. I am going to copy the round 8 tonight, and send it to the forums as a present.

I think that might be against forum rules though. Anyway you could just copy the part into the 1.0 install from 0.90.

I'm going to swim against the current here. I only ever used the Round8 like once, and didn't find it particularly useful. I have, however, had long range ion probes where I have felt a bigger tank would come in handy. I guess I should head for the hills now before the flaming torches and pitchforks start heading my way.

A bigger tank for the ion? Needs 4x the capacity of the small round one at least. Does the new change meet that? Without a bigger ion drive, it's rather pointless, as it would be too long a burn and on small ion craft, the difference in fuel tanks is like a 20 part craft or 24 part (due to 3 extra tanks). So not really ever a problem.

For landers/rovers/tiny probes though, we don't have a radial LFT, so having 2 types of small, was very helpful. Now... hmmmm.

I'm going to swim against the current here. I only ever used the Round8 like once, and didn't find it particularly useful. I have, however, had long range ion probes where I have felt a bigger tank would come in handy. I guess I should head for the hills now before the flaming torches and pitchforks start heading my way.

If you need big ion tanks on ion probes, you're doing them wrong.

Anyhow, too late for the hills. He's a witch! He weighs the same as a duck! Burn 'im!!!

*pitchfork* *torch* :P