What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

RULES:

*NEVER make fun of anyone specifically. Just mention the thing they said.

*STAY ON TOPIC

*Do NOT refer to other's posts on this forum. That hasn't ended well in the past.

So what are some things you've heard from some people or things that made you facepalm? It can be related to anything, space, reading, history, etc.

Mine, well, Michael Bay's impression of stopping an asteroid with a Shuttle. GG Bay GG. Armageddon.

Edited by michaelsteele3

"What has space done for us?"

That's a pretty general one. But the answer is "more than you ever did," in most cases.

EDIT: keep religion out of this please. Many enjoy this thread, and it is under threat of locking.

Edited by Bill Phil

When someone says "and due to slippery slope x y z", I point out slippery slope is a FALLACY and you cannot use the term to support your argument, and the reply I get is "yes, but history proves me right."

"We don't need no stinkin' ∆V calculators."

Paraphrasing of course.

STAHP QUOTIN' MEEEEEEEEE!

"White Star Line switched the RMS Titanic and sister ship Olympic, and the ship that sunk was actually the Olympic."

I had just read that recently, what with it being in the news due to the anniversary of the sinking. I read up on that and while I dont believe it at all, it is an entertaining theory.