What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

Four. And at least one minor body in the Solar System as well.

Ah, they discovered rings on Uranus since the article I was reading the other day. Whoops. :blush:

But a minor body isn't a planet, so that one doesn't count towards my earlier statement. :P

But a minor body isn't a planet, so that one doesn't count towards my earlier statement. :P

Oh, yeah, true. Just wanted to point out that rings may not be as rare as someone who talks about "the one with the rings" might think.

I had my friend listen to some Kevin Macleod music (It's commonly used in Youtube Videos) and since some parts had pianos and bass drums, he said "I dont wanna listen to 20's music."

I tried to convince him that Kevin Macleod wasn't even BORN in the 20's, but he doesn't care about anything.

From the Rockstar forums: (paraphrased from dozens of posts)

Is GTA V crashing just after social club loads but before the game loads? UNPLUG ANY USB PORTS THAT THE GAME DOESN'T USE SUCH AS PRINTERS, SCANNERS OR ANY DEVICE YOU DON'T NEED TO PLAY THE GAME. Turns out it's a known bug, GTA V tries to connect with any USB device attatched, and crashes if it finds one it can't communicate with.....

'Sigh'

[double facepalm] I re-downloaded 60gigs before I read this thinking I screwed it up with mods, and instead I screwed it up with a new printer....

Earlier this week I learned that "Jet fuel can't melt steel beams" was actually a conspiracy. I had a rather stupid debate in math class with the guy who sits next to me, who actually thought bush did 9/11.

Then it moved on to moon landing denial.

I can stop smoking and drinking whenever I want but I don't want to. (I may have actually said a PC variation of this myself)

"Jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

Doubting a true statement is better than not doubting a false one in my book. I don't believe the conspiracy theories but could have been prevented if things worked as they should, especially the scrambling of fighter jets. It took half an hour ffs. Let's hope it was just incompetence.

Recent thing that I heard was from a girl who sits next to me in class, which apparently thinks Physics was created by man, that it's useless, and she is 100% creationist.

(THIS IS NOT AN INSULT TO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE; DON'T GET YOUR SOLID ROCKET BOOSTERS IN A TWIST)

Technically Ww2 is still going on between China and Russia (they never signed a peace treaty between them)

AND - another facepalm from this thread! China and Russia were part of the Allied Nations; there is NO peace treaty between Japan and Russia and it is over the Sakhalin Islands. I am hoping you were joking (said the college history instructor in me...)

Technically, World War I never ended either; the U.S. never ratified the Treaty of Versailles because Woodrow Wilson presented Congress with a single treaty that included both the ending of the war AND American submission to the League of Nations and World Court, which both Democrats and Republicans in the Senate REFUSED to ratify.

Edited by adsii1970

Yes that ^

And, technically, the conflict ("police action") with North Korea and the US never ended either ... you could say we're still at a state of war.

As for staying on topic and facepalms?... this is one of my all-time biggest facepalms... just about everything she does, and nearly everything that comes out her mouth. She stands second only to Kim Kardashian.

Snooki

300.snooki.lr.071210.jpg

Edited by LordFerret