What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

Yes my hunt for fellow train drivers are progressing!

Someone saying Pacific Union describing Union Pacific and a kid saying that the Arch in st louis was "Made in China"

- - - Updated - - -

Yes two already! Oh and pepole describing a Steam Loco working as Powered by an engine.

Well it converts thermal energy into mechanical work, so it actually is an engine.

Stood inline today in Radio Shack and the person ahead of me was returning a laptop.

The reason was they were unable to get online.

The problem they were having is for some reason the laptop they purchased was requiring a password to connect.

After some investigation by the Radio Shack employee it was discovered the customer did not have an internet provider and was using their neighbor's.

The customer did not understand and accussed Radio Shack fraud because they were sold a computer that required them to pay more to connect to the internet.

The reason they got a new laptop was because their old one was unable to connect for the same reason. Which they also blamed Radio Shack for.

Stood inline today in Radio Shack and the person ahead of me was returning a laptop.

The problem they were having is for some reason the laptop they purchased was requiring a password to connect.

After some investigation by the Radio Shack employee it was discovered the customer did not have an internet provider and was using their neighbor's.

The customer did not understand and accussed Radio Shack fraud because they were sold a computer that required them to pay more to connect to the internet.

The reason they got a new laptop was because their old one was unable to connect for the same reason. Which they also blamed Radio Shack for.

such cringe. :0.0:

Two things:

1. I didn't know radio shack still had any brick and mortar stores.

2. The fact that there are still people like that is mortifying.

Jeez, it's 2015, how can there still be people like that?

So, here's a story from a few years back:

In English class we had to write our first poem, we were all pretty bored until...

Teacher: Remember, the great thing about poetry is there are no rules to follow. You can do whatever you want!

20+ Children: ... ... ... !!!!!!!!!!

- 5 minutes later -

Teacher: THE SCHOOL RULES STILL APPLY! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT! EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME! GET BACK INTO YOUR SEATS! STOP! STOP!

It was really fun at the time.

You made my day :)

So, here's a story from a few years back:

In English class we had to write our first poem, we were all pretty bored until...

Teacher: Remember, the great thing about poetry is there are no rules to follow. You can do whatever you want!

20+ Children: ... ... ... !!!!!!!!!!

- 5 minutes later -

Teacher: THE SCHOOL RULES STILL APPLY! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT! EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME! GET BACK INTO YOUR SEATS! STOP! STOP!

It was really fun at the time.

The frustration part is when they tell you that poetry has no rules, but then they make you write poems that have to follow a very specific syntax.

This is why it would be good for people to get a small training before operating a machine connected to the internet.

NEVER go into the comments on a video explaining aspects of special relativity. They're full of people who fail to fully understand the concept, find what they percieve as a glaring problem in the theory, and then act smug that they're one of the few people who can see through "the dogmas of modern science".

NEVER go into the comments on a video explaining aspects of special relativity. They're full of people who fail to fully understand the concept, find what they percieve as a glaring problem in the theory, and then act smug that they're one of the few people who can see through "the dogmas of modern science".

NEVER go into the comments on a video about physics in general, the deeper you go, the more depressed you feel and the more concerned you are about the intellectual abilities of mankind.

NEVER go to the comments section on anything regarding nuclear energy. You WILL lose hope for humanity as you slowly see people who are worrying about their nearby reactor "going critical" (critical means operating stably in nuclear engineering speak) and stating absurd things about nuclear reactors.

NEVER go into the comments on a video about physics in general, the deeper you go, the more depressed you feel and the more concerned you are about the intellectual abilities of mankind.
NEVER go to the comments section on anything regarding nuclear energy. You WILL lose hope for humanity as you slowly see people who are worrying about their nearby reactor "going critical" (critical means operating stably in nuclear engineering speak) and stating absurd things about nuclear reactors.

Never go to the comments section. For any subject.

OK.... I swear this just happened and my head almost exploded.....

The local morning news is on, and they're talking about some movie... I don't know what, I'm not a big movie fan, but one of the guys said something to the extent of

"He didn't come back from Mars because a storm caused a big rock to fall on him".

And the weatherman.... WEATHERMAN.... replied, "That's impossible, there can't be storms, Mars doesn't have an atmosphere."

I'll be carrying the resulting facepalm bruise for a week....

"How do we know the sun exists."

One of my classmates actually asked this. I'm pretty sure I facepalmed so hard I gave myself a migraine.

That might be a concussion...:P

But are you sure it wasn't a philosophical question?

OK.... I swear this just happened and my head almost exploded.....

The local morning news is on, and they're talking about some movie... I don't know what, I'm not a big movie fan, but one of the guys said something to the extent of

"He didn't come back from Mars because a storm caused a big rock to fall on him".

And the weatherman.... WEATHERMAN.... replied, "That's impossible, there can't be storms, Mars doesn't have an atmosphere."

I'll be carrying the resulting facepalm bruise for a week....

They might be talking about The Martian from the novel with the same name by Andy Weir. I am pretty hyped for that.

Edited by RainDreamer

They might be talking about The Martian from the novel with the same name by Andy Weir. I am pretty hyped for that.

That may have been the one..... but a trained, professional weatherman not knowing Mars has an atmosphere??? That's grade school science.

Everytime I think about the so called reasons my relationship got thrown in my face 19 days ago.

a trained, professional weatherman

Are they? Or are they just the pleasant faces reading from a prompter?