What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

I remember this from the first time I was seriously injured:

'Whats the number for 9-1-1?'

Yup, I have awesome friends.

0118 999 88199 9119 725 ...3

What else would the number be?

(In all seriousness, people tend to panic when someone near them gets injured. Brains tend to fart when panicking. Gems happen when brains fart.)

Playing Trivial Pursuit with a bunch of people. The question was: "What year did we land on the Moon"? The girl who had to answer the question thought it was a trick question and decided to answer never. Not because she was a conspiracy theorist, she really just didn't know we landed there... never heard about it. How is that possible!?

This thread is growing faster then I am reading it so I am skipping a few pages to post this. Hopefully I didn't duplicate: Guess not, just an illusion.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091101182315AAsbiTP

Regarding the what is the number for 9-1-1, that is a Simpsons quote. Your friend might have been joking.

Edited by Leszek

I remember this from the first time I was seriously injured:

'Whats the number for 9-1-1?'

Yup, I have awesome friends.

why, 1800-959-6285 of course! call now and get an extra fire truck FREE with the purchase of two or more ambulances!

*Reading a book about optical illusions with a classmate*

Me: Look how that one appears to move!

Him: How are that illusions? The ink is moving, that's why we see it moving.

I don't even...

STORY TIME!

I work Tech Services at my university, and I recently started working a class since the professor has to teach from home. All I do is set up a laptop, call the professor via facetime, and chill (providing help as needed) until the class is over.

It turns out that one of my roommates is in that class, and as luck would have it, he's a big anime nerd. On the first day I'm working the class, he's sitting surrounded by about 8 girls as I'm setting up the computer, and he says...

"This is turning into Infinite Stratos."

I facepalmed so hard. For those of you who don't know anime, Infinite Stratos is commonly referred to as the "harem anime" since the main character is the one guy in a school of girls and all the girls basically throw themselves at him (it's ridiculous, I know). Fortunately, none of the girls there got the reference, but I can only imagine what would have happened to him if they did.

This was a news headline

BLIND MAN MEATS WIFE AFTER NOT SEEING HER FOR YEARS

Semi- Logical explanation:

This man lives in a town by the name of Blind. He is also a homicidal and/or desperate butcher, as indicated by his turning of his wife into meat. He didn't see her for years because she worked the night shift while he worked the day shift.

Online, however, the stupidest thing I've seen was these flat earth conspirators.

Flat earthers are relatively level compared to the hollow earthers. These theories, I don't know whether to facepalm or burst out laughing.

Me and one of my friends were talking about a film where people try launch a nuke into the Sun to stop it dying. ( Can't remember the name). Then he says to me, ''why didn't they just wait till it was night?''

*Face palm*

Me and one of my friends were talking about a film where people try launch a nuke into the Sun to stop it dying. ( Can't remember the name).

It must have been either exploding sun or sunshine

Me and one of my friends were talking about a film where people try launch a nuke into the Sun to stop it dying. ( Can't remember the name). Then he says to me, ''why didn't they just wait till it was night?''

*Face palm*

Because that's how nukes work.

Um... It takes less energy to get to mars. It just takes longer. Gravity well and all. The moon is basically useless to us Mars is the answer to us becoming a two planet spices.
- random guy on the internet

Found it on NASA's facebook page.

Uhhh, could you remove the [redacted] part?

Does it really help if he removes it and you leave it blatantly obvious in your quote and your comment?

Edited by Vanamonde
STOP QUOTING IT, GUYS! >:(

Does it really help if he removes it and you leave it blatantly obvious in your quote and your comment?

This will be forever a mystery, anyway, back on topic :

Most conspiracy theories and paranormal stuff. They are funny, but sometimes they really made me facepalm. (black helicopters is NWO, anyone ?)

ABC News Guy May 1st, 2015 (Philadelphia Station)

Good morning it is 7:37 AM, April 1st, 2015.

The wind is 5 mph, very windy.

It is a chilly day (It said 65 degrees in the forecast).

I didn't say who was who, so I abided by the rules.