Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

Even though I don't have a Twitter (and probably will never have one), here's arguably the most Kerbal picture I've ever taken. Note how, in spite of the flames and obvious lack of protection, Patcan has a face that says, "Y'know what? At the end of the day, this is why I love being an astronaut."

Also, I'm very proud of the little craft he's piloting. It was part of a tiny space shuttle I built this one time...

8aLsV3W.jpg

Anyone else want to share their pictures? We could get an informal Forum competition going... maybe, if it was big enough, it could even attract SQUAD's attention! (Maybe.)

-Upsilon

To be honest, I get Reddit, but not the whole Twitter thing.

I mean, Twitter wasn't made for submissions and contests. You guys have two dedicated communities but you choose to use Twitter? I stress that word: Twitter!?

- - - Updated - - -

I await KSP's entry into 4chins

Even though I don't have a Twitter (and probably will never have one), here's arguably the most Kerbal picture I've ever taken. Note how, in spite of the flames and obvious lack of protection, Patcan has a face that says, "Y'know what? At the end of the day, this is why I love being an astronaut."

Also, I'm very proud of the little craft he's piloting. It was part of a tiny space shuttle I built this one time...

http://i.imgur.com/8aLsV3W.jpg

Anyone else want to share their pictures? We could get an informal Forum competition going... maybe, if it was big enough, it could even attract SQUAD's attention! (Maybe.)

-Upsilon

I do!

Let's see... What is KSP?

Is it

R4h9E34.png

Is it

MflfoY6.png

How about

FqPy9yF.png

Or

5UhBL2T.png

I think that KSP is about being fun and realistic at the same time. Like this:

i8iTFww.png

It's both fun, and follows real-life examples.

Not to say it is "realistic" at all. :)

I mean, Twitter wasn't made for submissions and contests. You guys have two dedicated communities but you choose to use Twitter? I stress that word: Twitter!?

And the web wasn't made for threaded conversation (what's wrong with a damn mailing list?). Yet here we are.

Just because you don't see the point doesn't mean it isn't useful.

Wouldn't they also have the NDA thing going for the youtubers? Like they can't release info about 1.0 until it's released.

Well, they can't talk about it until the media embargo is lifted. They usually release videos before the release.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't add K to countdown. It's childish and stupid.

I am inclined to agree with you to some extent, however I do enjoy a well placed Kerb or Kerm.

12 minutes left in "Today" (72 minutes in Mexico City I guess) and no countdown.

We need a countdown to the countdown.

- - - Updated - - -

That's precisely the point: I haven't seen movies about 1.0, have you? Maybe it will take a little more time to come to life?

They could literally all have a video ready to post, but not be able to due to an NDA with Squad.

That's precisely the point: I haven't seen movies about 1.0, have you? Maybe it will take a little more time to come to life?

They have to follow various publication rules, the big one being that they not show any "bugs" (Insert rant about editorial control over 'reviews'). So many don't bother doing vids using the early builds. Generally speaking the media team has access for several weeks prior to release, but that clock probably started a while ago. They then all have a date at which they can begin showing vids to we public. That time is generally a couple days after the last good experimentals build, to allow the vids to run through google monetization hoops. So by watching the flow of experimental/qa builds alongside the media team vids, or absence of kerbal vids from someone who normally does lots, you can get a very good idea of what's happening behind the scenes. Predicting a release date is then simply a matter of comparing the stage today with last quarter's release timetable.

They have to follow various publication rules, the big one being that they not show any "bugs" (Insert rant about editorial control over 'reviews'). So many don't bother doing vids using the early builds. Generally speaking the media team has access for several weeks prior to release, but that clock probably started a while ago. They then all have a date at which they can begin showing vids to we public. That time is generally a couple days after the last good experimentals build, to allow the vids to run through google monetization hoops. So by watching the flow of experimental/qa builds alongside the media team vids, or absence of kerbal vids from someone who normally does lots, you can get a very good idea of what's happening behind the scenes. Predicting a release date is then simply a matter of comparing the stage today with last quarter's release timetable.

It makes sense. And that's what I think: I haven't seen much action on vids lately so something big should be coming (duh!), but those "what's new on the new version" videos haven't come yet, so I think there will be a while. Don't you think?

How many days do you think it would take?

I dunno about this [Arnie]KOUNTDOUN[/Arnie]... could be another partnership they're announcing like the 3D-print deception (something about partnerships was mentioned in the devnotes IIRC). Or the new forum update (where's my local KSP buddy), or it could be an April fools joke (for Squad it doesn;t have to be the first or even April for lelz). Potentially it is for 1.0, Max did mention that the release would screw with some students exams (they said 4-6 weeks)... Bit strange nothing is mentioned in the announcement subforum again. Didn't Max say they would put news updates in there more regularly?

I don't mind it. Kommunity is fine, but Kerbamerica isn't to me.

Kermerica should defo be fine then ;)

Days? Why assume days? Especially since Maxmaps was making puns about "months" all of last week, and Harv left a release_date.txt file on his desktop that says something about March 2016.

http://alpha.renegrade.net/images/SmallTrollFace.jpg

Why assume EARTH days, perhaps it is Kerbin days, as in being released in 2 earth days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.