Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

Hey everyone - before this thread goes any further off-topic I would once again like to address the issue of the official forums vs other official channels: we have several official channels, namely these forums, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitch and the #KSPOfficial IRC channel. The most important announcements etc.. are always cross-posted to everywhere (where applicable), such as the devnotes, the experimental announcements etcetera. Noone will miss out on vital information about the game if they follow any one of these channels.

That doesn't mean all content gets posted everywhere, because different channels have different audiences, for example the forums are generally the place where one finds the people who already own the game, are very passionate about it and have a lot of experience, whereas on say Reddit you'll also find a lot of casual players, and Twitter where you're also reaching out to an entirely new audience (generally speaking). We like to differentiate certain content based on the medium: Squadcast is on KSPTV because it's a livestream, in depth dev blogs about features are on the forums, a lot of community highlighting happens on Facebook and Twitter, and so on. Even regardless of where we post things, they'll end up here sooner rather than later: Squadcast summaries, people posting our Tweets... that's great to see too! Of course, we're not perfect and I'll evaluate when things do go wrong and see how we can prevent that in the future, but my goal is that all official channels get access to all official announcements. Aside from that, we can post different things in different places.

I hope that satisfies your concerns, but if it doesn't then this thread really isn't the place to discuss that: we're here to discuss the #KerbalCountdown contest. I suggest we stick to the topic at hand.

We've shown two pictures now, and I was impressed with how fast all of you managed to put the pieces together, though I'm sure the exact answer to the countdown is still unclear. Tomorrow's riddle will be even harder :)

Hey everyone - before this thread goes any further off-topic I would once again like to address the issue of the official forums vs other official channels: we have several official channels, namely these forums, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitch and the #KSPOfficial IRC channel. The most important announcements etc.. are always cross-posted to everywhere (where applicable), such as the devnotes, the experimental announcements etcetera. Noone will miss out on vital information about the game if they follow any one of these channels.

That doesn't mean all content gets posted everywhere, because different channels have different audiences, for example the forums are generally the place where one finds the people who already own the game, are very passionate about it and have a lot of experience, whereas on say Reddit you'll also find a lot of casual players, and Twitter where you're also reaching out to an entirely new audience (generally speaking). We like to differentiate certain content based on the medium: Squadcast is on KSPTV because it's a livestream, in depth dev blogs about features are on the forums, a lot of community highlighting happens on Facebook and Twitter, and so on. Even regardless of where we post things, they'll end up here sooner rather than later: Squadcast summaries, people posting our Tweets... that's great to see too! Of course, we're not perfect and I'll evaluate when things do go wrong and see how we can prevent that in the future, but my goal is that all official channels get access to all official announcements. Aside from that, we can post different things in different places.

I hope that satisfies your concerns, but if it doesn't then this thread really isn't the place to discuss that: we're here to discuss the #KerbalCountdown contest. I suggest we stick to the topic at hand.

We've shown two pictures now, and I was impressed with how fast all of you managed to put the pieces together, though I'm sure the exact answer to the countdown is still unclear. Tomorrow's riddle will be even harder :)

In which forum do we post our submissions for the contest? I too would like a chance at a 'secret prize'.

In which forum do we post our submissions for the contest? I too would like a chance at a 'secret prize'.

You'll need a Twitter account to enter into the contest - Send a Tweet with the hashtag #KerbalCountdown for a shot at the prize :)

I just saw these tweets, seems like we're not quite guessing right yet...

someone post my guess on their tweeter, Im not wasting my setting up another stupid social media account.

15600 meters is a sign.

15600 minutes.

Thats 260 hours.

Thats 10.83 days.

In other words, an evening release in 10 days.

The picture is of Apollo 10 for some reason with backup crew at their closest approach to the Moon which was at May 22

21:29:43 UTC

. So I guess that's the release date, its a Friday so it makes sense.

I'd be leaning towards 4/28 since it's a Tuesday. Books, music, software, etc are typically always released on Tuesdays.

Wait, that is a GOOD thing. It means stuff that hits the ocean will actually float!

Wait, I thought the problem with water was that it was essentially a salt sludge, destroying everything that lands in it, all but solid to anything going faster than about 0.1m/s?

At least, that's my experience. Getting things to sink is nigh impossible.

someone post my guess on their tweeter, Im not wasting my setting up another stupid social media account.

Actually the guesses are not the contest. You need to post a picture of your most Kerbal thing or something like that. I posted the full size of my signature pic.

Oh god a countdown... in the days before release the forum will be down due to everyone refreshing.

And right after forums go back up (in an hour after that, max), I'm expecting a thread called "We told you so", where grumpy people will vivisect all the bugs left unfixed or newly introduced into the game, reminding Squad of their previous concerns about leaving Beta so soon.

Actually the guesses are not the contest. You need to post a picture of your most Kerbal thing or something like that. I posted the full size of my signature pic.

I had meant as a guess to what the count down is about

I just saw these tweets, seems like we're not quite guessing right yet...

As for the competition, I always loved your Astro-Glider! Hope you win because it doesn't get much more kerbal than that.

I've deleted a bunch of posts from this thread: please do not go off-topic.

Kasper Deleted posts, and I didnt get any notifications in my inbox. Good start to the weekend :P

Its been a few hours since the KSP twitter tweeted. Who IS the ksp twitter anyway? That the community manager? or do various devs post as it randomly?

Oh god a countdown... in the days before release the forum will be down due to everyone refreshing.

'sok. I got mine from Steam. When the update goes up, I'll be downloading it automatically at ~5mb/sec. No refreshing required.

My guess, if anyone wants to put it on Twitter because I won't. Yesterdays picture had 11 engines. Today had Apollo 10's pilots. Tomorow will be something involving 9... making release day (i.e. 0) Monday April 27th.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.