Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

Assuming the current logic is sound (not really sure), we have

11 boosters

Apollo 10

and Venera 9

Their official word on the "Venera" angle is this:

Two popular theories relate to space missions: the Soviet Venera missions and @ESA's EnVision probe. Both missions revolve around Venus...

Not sure what that means.

Best,

-Slashy

So, let's see. First thing that caught my eye: MET for Mares is the same as absolute time: 200d 06h 06m 00s. Does this mean something?

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, a Kerbin day is 6 hours, so it must be real life days, right?

So 200d 06h 06m 00 divided by 6 is exactly 34 Earth days, which would be, counted from today, May the 22nd. That is at most 1(.5) clue.

The Envision shuttle landed at Eve 53 min after separation from Mares. According to myth, Eve is the original mother to everyone. A mare is a female horse and the latin word for sea, but you can't feed a female horse that is expecting to become a mother stuff from the sea including seaweed because of iodine concentrations. Iodine is element number 53, which corresponds to the exact number of minutes Envision separated from Mares. The craft would have to communicate by radio after separation and radioiodine has a half-life of 8 days (also, 53=5+3 is 8).

Eve is part of genesis and KSP 1.0 genesis begins with Envision's touchdown at Eve, 34 days from now (Friday 22nd of May). Envision separates from Mares 8 days earlier (Thursday 14th of May) as KSP 1.0 separates from Squad headquarters and is distributed to news/youtube channels.

Wow this was easy, I'm sure it adds up to 8.5 clues. Also:

BhaWKt9.png

Edited by Yakuzi

So 200d 06h 06m 00 divided by 6 is exactly 34 Earth days, which would be, counted from today, May the 22nd. That is at most 1(.5) clue.

Sure, but I don't see the logic on dividing it by 6. You would either have to multiply the number by six to get the number of hours, or divide it by four to get the number of Earth days, right?

Yeah, there're too many coincidences for it not to mean something.

11 boosters seems to be the first answer.

Apollo 11 seems to be yesterday's answer.

Venera 9 seems to be today's answer.

Nine days from today, so release on the 27th of April? (barring time-zone related errors). That's the day I go back to uni. Wonderful timing. If that's correct.

Upon further reflection, I think you folks have nailed it. I think today's screencap is a reenactment of Venera 9.

The 6h 6m 0s may just be a coincidence, tho'; a by-product of getting the required 53m mission counter on the lander?

Best,

-Slashy

Yeah, there're too many coincidences for it not to mean something.

11 boosters seems to be the first answer.

Apollo 11 seems to be yesterday's answer.

Venera 9 seems to be today's answer.

Nine days from today, so release on the 27th of April? (barring time-zone related errors). That's the day I go back to uni. Wonderful timing. If that's correct.

I'm actually putting it on the 28th, as in there are 9 days AFTER today before they release. That puts it on a Tuesday which makes more sense to me. I could be wrong though.

Sure, but I don't see the logic on dividing it by 6. You would either have to multiply the number by six to get the number of hours, or divide it by four to get the number of Earth days, right?

I know, but I had to come up with something as the rest of the community already solved it with Venera 9 ;)

Seriously though, could someone look at the coordinates?

Also, the Venera 9 orbiters apoapsis is at Eve escape. Hm, the Kerbol system scale is 10x Sol system scale, right?

Anybody know where to get more info on that orbiters orbit?

Edited by smjjames

So, based on the evidence examined so far, I think we can safely say

It definitely appears to be a recreation of Venera 9. I'm interested to see if the theme of re-creating historic space missions will continue.

Happy landings!

MARES has been in flight for 200 days, in that image. In real life, it's about monitering health. Does this relate to life support?

Envision is related to an ESA probe for monitoring geology on Venus from Space. Could this be a connection to ESA support, akin to the NASA support in 0.25? As well as resource scanners that we all know of already.

Hmmm...

-Khorso

Hmmm, try just matching the inclination and eccentricity. I wouldn't worry too much about the exact Ap and Per.

That eccentricity puts me in eves atmosphere.

Of course though, I'm a whole lot closer because the RL apoapsis is an Eve escape. Maybe if I push it down a decimal..... Which actually gets it pretty close.

Edited by smjjames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.