Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

For anyone out of the loop (like me) this comment on reddit provides a pretty good summary

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/331b2p/new_clues_d_eight_in_this_image_apparently/cqgkznq

We got most of that several pages ago. The anagram is new (as far as I've seen). And their release date is wrong. Rockets don't lift off at 1. They lift of at 0. April 27th.

Mares/ Envision is an anagram of Venera Mission *facepalm*

Never even occurred to me to wonder why "Mares" seemed so out of place...

*EDIT* PLEASE DON'T REP THIS POST! I didn't figure it out and getting repped for this makes me feel dirty.

Sorry,

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

Mares/ Envision is an anagram of Venera Mission *facepalm*

Never even occurred to me to wonder why "Mares" seemed so out of place...

"Mares" is the plural of "sea" in portuguese. I speak portuguese so I guess knowing a meaning for the word "Mares" blinded me for other possibilities.

At first glance, I thought it was Duna because it's reddish, but it's not being seen through a telescope, so it has to be the Mun.

Apollo program? Or maybe Russian space program as the Mun is reddish.

Something math oriented, I dunno.

The pic looks almost completely devoid of any useful info. A kerbal standing in a field facing East (I can tell by the Mun). The Mun looks like it's reddish (munar eclipse?)

Nothing else I see going on there.

Best,

-Slashy

googling...

Luna 8 and Ranger 8 were both launched in '65. Inspecting both for matching numbers.

*edit*

I didn't see anything compelling for any of these missions. I also checked for upcoming lunar eclipses. Nothing there either...

Edited by GoSlash27

googling...

Luna 8 and Ranger 8 were both launched in '65. Inspecting both for matching numbers.

I'll look at the apollo missions.

Edit: Not Apollo 8, no matching numbers that I'm seeing.

Edited by smjjames

I believe screenshot shows us an asteroid reentering.

Also, I think the sequence (6585, 21, 7, 29, 7, 22) refers to asteroids; 6585 O'Keefe, 21 Lutetia, 7 Iris, 29 Amphitrite, 22 Kalliope.

All of them (except 6585 O'keefe, couldn't find info about its size) are quite huge, diameters are at least >100km. Kalliope even has a moon.

Still don't know why 7 is repeated...

Edited by ssTALONps

I believe screenshot shows us an asteroid reentering.

Also, I think the sequence (6585, 21, 7, 29, 7, 22) refers to asteroids; 6585 O'Keefe, 21 Lutetia, 7 Iris, 29 Amphitrite, 22 Kalliope.

All of them (except 6585 O'keefe, couldn't find info about its size) are quite huge, diameters are at least >100km. Kalliope even has a moon.

Still don't know why 7 is repeated...

Only problem is, all of those are main belt asteroids (though one orbits a bit further out) and are as far from an Earth threatening asteroid as you can get.

Maybe we're getting an asteroid belt?

Also, needs more re-entry fire for a re-entering asteroid.

Only problem is, all of those are main belt asteroids (though one orbits a bit further out) and are as far from an Earth threatening asteroid as you can get.

Maybe we're getting an asteroid belt?

Also, needs more re-entry fire for a re-entering asteroid.

That's not the point of the riddle. It's not to hint at features, it is to try and find out how the riddle becomes the next number of the countdown.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.