Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

I believe screenshot shows us an asteroid reentering.

Also, I think the sequence (6585, 21, 7, 29, 7, 22) refers to asteroids; 6585 O'Keefe, 21 Lutetia, 7 Iris, 29 Amphitrite, 22 Kalliope.

All of them (except 6585 O'keefe, couldn't find info about its size) are quite huge, diameters are at least >100km. Kalliope even has a moon.

Still don't know why 7 is repeated...

THe picture is very clearly the Mun with red coloration. Definitely about eclipses.

I'm still working on the other numbers but the first number, 6585 is looking promising. Considering the picture is a lunar eclipse, I went hunting for some relationship between the numbers and eclipses. I found that if you take the date of any solar or lunar eclipse and add 6585 days to it and you will accurately predict a subsequent eclipse of the same kind that will closely resemble the one 18 years earlier.

Certainly interesting, but am I on the right track? Who knows. hopefully with more research, I will find out.

Edit:

Ok, so apparently that time range is called a saros cycle and is 6585 days long.

With a little help from twitter, I found this:

1a8a4bba04.png

The 8th Saros cycle showing the number of penubral, partial and total eclipses.

so there we have it. We are now at 8.

Edited by Highlad

They have figured it out on Twitter where the image was originally posted. Has to do with eclipses and confirms the 8. U guys are geniuses for figuring out yesterday's clue.

Twitter did get there first, sure. But the riddle was posted this morning and some of us like to solve it even if someone else has already done so.

No slight intended to forum users here!! U guys go the answer before Twitter even got close yesterday. Sorry. I just get antsy and all hyped up wondering about the countdown that I thought I would put other users at rest and confirm the 8 today. My apologies!

Great job twitter guys! Wonder how tricky tomorrow will be :)

You can also see a vague 8 in the craters anyway.

I see what you mean, but it's probably confirmation bias ;)

EDIT: Fantastic riddles btw Squad! Who's the brainiac coming up with them?

Edited by Yakuzi

Great job twitter guys! Wonder how tricky tomorrow will be :)

I see what you mean, but it's probably confirmation bias ;)

True, and it's easy to see a figure 8 in nearby craters anyhow.

The southeast crater (I think?) rim is brighter red for some reason, but probably doesn't mean anything.

Ha, 8th Saros cycle. Good one!

Best,

-Slashy

- - - Updated - - -

True, and it's easy to see a figure 8 in nearby craters anyhow.

The southeast crater (I think?) rim is brighter red for some reason, but probably doesn't mean anything.

The figure 8 is confirmation bias. That "figure 8" is visible every time you look at the Mun.

Best,

-Slashy

Ha, 8th Saros cycle. Good one!

Best,

-Slashy

- - - Updated - - -

The figure 8 is confirmation bias. That "figure 8" is visible every time you look at the Mun.

Best,

-Slashy

I know it's confirmation bias, I didn't even take that as being one of the clues, I was just like 'theres that 'figure 8' as well'.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.