Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

What if Kerbals are real,and every time Squad makes an update,their world changes :sealed:

What if... all of reality was a trademarked simulation, and there was a movie, a sellout trilogy and several derivatives of the same idea?

The latest countdown post is easy enough. An unmanned vehicle by the ESA that is about 63 m tall, 4.6 m thick core stage (which I'm fairly sure was fudged from real KSP parts). It's the Ariane 6!

What if, Kerbals control nasa. And all acts by nasa were just kerbals in disguise..

If that were the case, Neil Armstrong would have fallen on his face after stepping off the ladder.

Although, one of the Apollo astronauts was named Gene Cernan, and that is getting dangerously close to Kerman. ;)

aah the video, notice how the fairings appear to have their own icon in the staging, rover base was moved to pods, and how its 2 piece split at the end !

You've got some sharp eyes!

And actually, the split is just like the one in my sig.

My guess is it takes someone roughly 45 seconds to create a "clamshell fairing split" mod.

Me, unless I can make (realistically) wide fairings, I'll stick with procedural ones.

ULA offers 4-meter and 5-meter fairings. SpaceX uses a 5.2-meter fairing. Ariane 5 uses a 5.4-meter fairing.

The Atlas V user's guide says that ULA "has considered" payload fairings as large as 7.2 meters wide and 32.3 meters long. Just be sure to contact ULA if you need them.

aah the video, notice how the fairings appear to have their own icon in the staging, rover base was moved to pods, and how its 2 piece split at the end !
I counted 6 pieces split.

It's 6 frames... of the same photo split we have floating around... even I can admit that was an utterly lame trick.

It was on a previous devnote:

Felipe (HarvesteR): This week has been mostly focused on the new fairings, the procedural mesh generation is already up and running, and you can already place them in the editor and sculpt the fairing as you wish. The enclosure is subdivided into panels, which can break off individually or in groups, which means we can have full control over how the fairing will come apart once it’s jettisoned. During construction, you can place a fairing and build it up immediately after placement, or you can use Tweakable actions to edit it later. There are actions to delete, re-build and edit fairings at any time in the editor.

Next up is implementing the actual jettisoning behavior for the panels, and also writing in the enclosure detection, which is already being handled by the cargo bay module. There is quite a bit of work still left to be done, but I dare say what we have is looking pretty good already. .

The fairings are very customizable via the part.cfg, so we can determine the number of panels, the amount (if any) of edge smoothing between panels of different angles, as well as a number of other parameters, on a per part basis. And yes, we are planning on a number of different sizes of fairing parts (at least covering 1.25m through 3.5m profiles).

We can decide in what ways the fairings separate . The pics and the video separations are probably just eye candy for confetti lovers :P

Edited by r_rolo1
Decided to post the full quote

I'm afraid this thread killed my hopes of getting a new page count record on the "Official Hype Thread". If we were posting there only, we would have 150 pages of discussion. A minute of silence for a dream that is dying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.