The Unofficial News About KSP Posted On Other Sites Thread!

Robotengineer

Several posts have been removed from this thread because they are opinion rather than news, and to quote the OP,

I want to add, this is not a place for debating whether or not Squad should standardize info, etc. It's a central thread for bringing info about Squad/KSP in to the forum from outside places.

Please keep this thread strictly informational, so as not to duplicate discussions from other threads.

Reddit Q&A: Are the saves from .90 going to be compatible with 1.0?

They should be. As far as we can tell no change was made that would knowingly break compatibility with previous saves.

However, as was mentioned here already, this only applies if you play an unmodded game. There is no way for us to know whether mods will still be compatible after the update, and judging by the amount of code we changed, it's probably best to assume they won't function until they're confirmed to work or updated.

We do strongly recommend starting clean after the update in any case, just to avoid any potential frustration.

Cheers

Snippets from todays AMA. If the question is not shown, press the 'parent' button below the message/post. (Taken from my posts on the HypeTrain)

Maxmaps said that the bug Scott Manley found has already been fixed. link
He also addressed DV readouts. link

I will continue to update this as more questions appear.

I do too, but NOBODY IS SHOWING IT

Don't worry man, you'll be able to play with it yourself in just slightly over two hours. I assume it's two hours as they've been coyly hinting 'Monday' and that's two hours away from here (2h 6m right now..) :P

I think it is hidden in the debug menu.

It is. There is some incredibly useful stuff, like arrows showing the current lift effect of every part or parts showing their heat-level via tint. Squad didn't yet implement the feature into the actual gameplay. Maxmaps said Delta-V values will come as a engineer-ability at a later date, so i assume the overlays will be similar.

Which is, in my opinion, a pretty cool way to go about this, continually giving your more data-tools.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.