The Unofficial News About KSP Posted On Other Sites Thread!

Robotengineer

Sony Online Entertainment?

Hey, were you in the Star Wars Galaxies MMO?

Sony Online Entertainment, now Daybreak Games, isn't a bad group. The guys know what they're doing and I've been able to talk to a few of them several times. They're a good team, even if I don't agree with their decisions sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
KSP has officially been announced for the Wii U at PAX, (Maxmaps shared this on his twitzoid page):

Discuss here.

NB: Nintendo has made the video in the post above this one public again, seems someone at Nintendo Life jumped the gun yesterday.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/353-Kerbal-Space-Program-is-coming-to-Wii-U :)

I have the same feeling in my stomach looking at this as standing at Hakata station trying to find my way to the Minamiya. What does the cat face mean?

I think it's a walrus face and it means that the kerbin<-->LKO figure (and ditto for anything with an atmosphere) is extremely speculative and should really read, "it depends".

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please pardon me for the bump, but I thought this twitter message was very much worth your attention. Have not seen this on the forums yet. Feel free to delete the post if this is not the correct place for discussion. Personally, I think this way of IVA view is fantastic!!

Edited by Jasper_f

47 minutes ago, Jasper_f said:

Personally, I think this way of IVA view is fantastic!!

Whoa... fantastic indeed. Did they mention this view mode in any of the dev diaries? I don't think they did, but it's an awesome feature! 

9 hours ago, Jasper_f said:

Please pardon me for the bump, but I thought this twitter message was very much worth your attention. Have not seen this on the forums yet. Feel free to delete the post if this is not the correct place for discussion. Personally, I think this way of IVA view is fantastic!!

This isn't news. No one has reported that this is a feature. It may have been mentioned by Das, but if so only those who watched him know. As far as anyone else knows this is Free IVA and Squad are once again, not just shooting themselves in the foot, but using a shotgun to mangle their entire lower leg by tweeting to a mass audience a series of screenshots of 1.1 that heavily imply to the average person, who doesn't know about Free IVA, that this is a stock feature, despite the fact that it has never been mentioned anywhere.

Unless it really is a new feature, which would be pretty crazy to show off via a few tiny screenshots with no other information. So I think either option makes the same amount of sense. Unfortunately there's no clear line of communication about this stuff to the community.

1 hour ago, fourfa said:

You can watch the whole Das stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/dasvaldez/v/53247671

It's somewhere in that 10 hour video, I don't know where.

I searched for this specific bit in the stream. Screenshot sharing starts at 04:35:55. Das stated that he specifically asked Dr. Turkey for permission to share these 1.1 screenshots (slightly before the timestamp I posted). If I combine that with the tweet from Squad themselves, this leads me to believe this is indeed a stock 1.1 feature. If you draw any other conclusions from this, I'd be happy to hear them =).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.