[WIP][KSP 1.0] CapCom - Mission Control Center On The Go [v0.3] - 4/27/2015

DMagic

WIP: CapCom V0.3

BabI0o6.png

Download on KerbalStuff

Download on GitHub

Version 0.3 is available for download now.

Updated for KSP 1.0.

I also realized that Backspace is the default action group key for the Abort sequence :confused:, so I changed the cancel/decline key to delete.

Most of the features I have planned have been implemented.

These include:

• Keyboard shortcuts available
    • Up/Down arrows used to move through current contract list
    • Left/Right arrows used to switch to different contract lists
    • Enter to accept an offered contract
    • Delete to decline or cancel a contract

[*] Contract sorting options available

• Difficulty
    • Funds, Science, or Reputation rewards
    • Agency

[*] Vertical window re-sizing is available using the re-size handle in the lower-right

[*] Window position and size is persistent

[*] Contract parameter status is indicated by a status icon

[*] Agency info can be displayed by clicking on the agency flag

[*] Strategy modifiers are shown in the rewards section

[*] All settings persistent across all scenes and save files

• External config file saved in the GameData/CapCom folder
    • Option to hide the nonsense mission briefing
    • Option to hide mission notes by default; expand with the blue note icon
    • Option to show warnings when declining or canceling a contract
    • Option to use Blizzy78's toolbar
    • Reassign all keyboard shortcuts

Planned features include:

• Numerous UI improvements
  • Correctly show strategy modifiers when no base reward is present
  • Option to use KSP-style UI skin

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Original post below:

One of my pet peeves in KSP is how so many scene changes are required during the course of playing. Since every scene change requires saving and loading everything in your save file, which can get really big when you start piling on addons, this can be very slow.

Buildings like the R&D center, the astronaut complex, or the strategy building are OK, since you don't normally need to interact with these during a mission. But the Mission Control building is something you might need to get to while in flight, or even in the tracking station.

I've created a working backbone for a Mission Control UI that can be accessed from the Space Center, Tracking Station, or while in flight. It tracks all offered, active, and complete contracts, and adds any newly offered contracts to its list. The basic idea is to create something similar to the Mission Control center (along with a few improvements, like sorting, hiding those nonsense briefings, etc...) that you can access anywhere. I'm not sure if it will work properly in the VAB/SPH, since vessels and Celestial Bodies aren't loaded in that scene.

Source for the project can be viewed on GitHub.

The project is released under the MIT license.

Edited by DMagic
Key change

I love this. It's nice to be able to play the game without dealing with the abysmal loading times in the middle of a mission, just because I forgot to add an objective.

However, you may want to make a note suggesting to players who frequently hit the memory limit to not use this mod for the time being. Because of the way Unity handles loading and unloading of resources, the scene changes de-allocate the memory used to store assets and other such things. Due to the memory leaks in the present version of the game, staying with your spacecraft for an extended period of time may result in crashes that otherwise wouldn't have happened - a good amount of the leaked memory that would be freed up by the scene change will no longer get freed up.

An early build is available for download and testing now, get it on GitHub.

The core functionality appears to be working, but there are several features missing, in addition to the list of planned features in the first post.

Blizzy78's toolbar is not currently supported, there is no ability to re-size the window, or any of the UI content. There is no indication for completed contract parameters. Strategy modifier amounts are not shown. There is no support for the VAB/SPH.

Let me know if anyone runs into bugs trying this out.

Version 0.3 is out.

Everything seems to be OK for KSP 1.0.

A few minor additions were made using the stock Mission Control Center texture map, but otherwise this is the same as version 0.2.

Just started a new career with capcom installed. No contracts are showing up. All buttons are red. Am I missing something?

I'm going to need more information than this. What version? What version of KSP? The buttons on the left are red? that's the way they are supposed to be. Did you click on any of the Offered/Active/Completed buttons?

I'm going to need more information than this. What version? What version of KSP? The buttons on the left are red? that's the way they are supposed to be. Did you click on any of the Offered/Active/Completed buttons?

Sorry;

Latest version of mod from KerbalStuff

KSP version 1.0

At the time clicked all buttons, no information appeared, all buttons red but all windows were empty.

Have done a complete reinstall of KSP since, now is working (fell asleep before could report back with update, sorry again)

*edit* Using CapCom allows you to bypass the "Active Contract" cap set by the tech level of your Mission Control (default being 2, just accepted 4)

Edited by Marrv
bug

*edit* Using CapCom allows you to bypass the "Active Contract" cap set by the tech level of your Mission Control (default being 2, just accepted 4)

Thanks for pointing out that, um, feature.

I'll add another option to the settings window to bypass that limit, though I might make that a hidden option later, one that you'll have to actually edit the config file to change.

Thanks for pointing out that, um, feature.

I'll add another option to the settings window to bypass that limit, though I might make that a hidden option later, one that you'll have to actually edit the config file to change.

Yeah, just noticed that too. Got carried away and accepted 15/7 :(

Yeah, just noticed that too. Got carried away and accepted 15/7 :(

Yep, both this and the ability to decline/cancel contracts that aren't supposed to will be addressed in the next version, which should be ready today. :kiss:

The Unity UI should be more-or-less complete for this version. The KSP UI-style will take a little longer; I intend to make it look as much like the Mission Control Center interface as possible.

I'll probably add an option in the config file to disable these limits, but I won't put that option on the in-game settings menu, people should have to work at least a little to bypass those limits (I'm also not sure if canceling those non-cancelable contracts is a good idea, they might not show up again).

Hey! im running the most recent version with ksp 1.02 and im getting this repeatable bug. basically the mod works fine when you first load a save (at the space center) however once you leave the space center cell, and move to, for example the flight cell (in this case, a ship on the launch pad) the plugin icon disapears. it doesn't re apear when you go back to the space center view. not really sure whats causing this however i've only tested with the toolbar button. i'll relaunch the game and set it to use the stock app bar and update asap

QuickEdit: it appears that leaving the save game and going back to the main menu doesn't fix this problem. i'm going to restart KSP entierly and like i said before, try the stock app bar.

QuickEdit2:ok so apparently restarting the game entirely didn't even help. going to change the value in the configs manually then.

edit3: changing the configs manually has restored the icon to the stock app bar. which does persist to alternate scenes! :D

so in conclusion (atleast in my case) the toolbar mod functionality isn't working with this mod. not sure if thats a toolbar mod issue, or this mod (however this is the only mod i've had problems with, i even use the contracts+ mod which works just fine as well as several others)

Edited by ackley14

Hey! im running the most recent version with ksp 1.02 and im getting this repeatable bug. basically the mod works fine when you first load a save (at the space center) however once you leave the space center cell, and move to, for example the flight cell (in this case, a ship on the launch pad) the plugin icon disapears. it doesn't re apear when you go back to the space center view. not really sure whats causing this however i've only tested with the toolbar button. i'll relaunch the game and set it to use the stock app bar and update asap

Thanks, I fixed that.

Version 1.0 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

Check out the [thread=119701]release thread[/thread] for further updates.