[SOLVED] Node angle

I can't seem to get this node to rotate, no matter what I tried.

the model is 8-sided and purposely rotated 22.5 degrees so that the edges align with the axis instead of the faces.

In retrospect, I want the node pointing 22.5 degrees outward to the bottom-left.

my node definitions is: node_stack_side1 = -0.4784, 0.0, -1.1548, 0.0, 0.0, -0.0625, 1

because I calculated 0.0625 would be equal to 22.5 degrees, or so I thought?

wJOdocz.jpg

Edited by Xyphos
Solved

I had this issue too when I worked on my Atlas. A node in the cfg looks like this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 and something behind that

Y (or X), Z, X (or Y), and then with the next three things you can somehow edit the rotation. But it is really confusing, since the rotation doesn't seem to be Unity orientation or so, I think it has something to do with in which direction the node points, but I am really unsure here. I would like to see if somebody could explain that! :)

it's not confusing to me, angX, angY, angZ are called "normals" - a mathematical representation of a range of values, noted as a decimal ranging 0.000000~ to 1.0, where 1.0 means 100% and 0 means 0%

in this scenario, 360 degrees would be a 1.0 and 0 degrees would also be 1.0

knowing this, we can calculate 1 divided by 360 = 0.00277777777777777777777777777778 then multiply by 22.5 degrees and get 0.0625 as the normal computation for the desired angle.

I wanted it to be rotated on the Z-axis and yet it's not working out that way?

the only real confusing thing is, why Squad chose to use normals instead of degrees or radians, it would be so much easier/better to use degrees instead.

Edited by Xyphos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.