[1.8.x] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Update: landing strut can be found at the bottom of VAB after double click on the part. Then it can be manipulated in VAB. Drag and drop from part list not working.

I'm having this same problem and, unfortunately, I can't get the part to be available by double clicking on it... Can you help me until a definite fix doesn't come out?

I'm having this same problem and, unfortunately, I can't get the part to be available by double clicking on it... Can you help me until a definite fix doesn't come out?

I found the landind strut at the bottom of the VAB, and it can be selected and placed in the vessel. However, if I use the symmetry mode (X), it places itself multiple times...whaaaaaat

zer6pe9

(image doesn't work?)

https://imgur.com/zer6pe9

Same here.

Nice mod, enjoyed the autobalancing feature once but then the update came ;-( In the editor landinglegs are shown but cannot be selected. (the last mod-update changed it from regular & autobalance, to only the autobalance legs)

No response what so ever when clicking on the leg-icons.

Solution: remove the autobalancing mod :-(

Hope to see a update soon on ckan. Keep up the good work ;-)

This sparked great ideas. Using the ctrl(+shift)+0-9 keys to load/save the current position. Much like in RTS games to group and ungroup.

Any updates on this? I'm willing to just be able to save a single position for right now, that's all I need. Also, I'm afraid this utility has been a bit overshadowed by the WASD editor movement mod

For anyone having issues with the landing legs please post your full logs.

For people where the landing legs/other modules are stuck at the bottom: Do you have the EditorCamExtension installed ? If so enable the extend hangar option.

Any updates on this? I'm willing to just be able to save a single position for right now, that's all I need. Also, I'm afraid this utility has been a bit overshadowed by the WASD editor movement mod

This feature is already implemented in a beta way. Alt+1 to 9 saves the position and CTRL+1 to 9 loads the saved position.

This feature is already implemented in a beta way. Alt+1 to 9 saves the position and CTRL+1 to 9 loads the saved position.

Wow, missed that! Awesome!! :)

unfortunately still needs some work tho. It is incompatible with WASD camera control:

[EditorCamUtilities] Saving: 1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SPHCamera.get_pivotPosition () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerboKatz.EditorCamUtilities.checkSaveLoadPos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerboKatz.EditorCamUtilities.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

And when I removed that mod (and everything else but Squad, Kerbokatz and MM) to test the save/load it consistently returns me to my saved position too high on the vertical axis

Edited by Gaiiden

Wow, missed that! Awesome!! :)

unfortunately still needs some work tho. It is incompatible with WASD camera control:

[EditorCamUtilities] Saving: 1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SPHCamera.get_pivotPosition () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerboKatz.EditorCamUtilities.checkSaveLoadPos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerboKatz.EditorCamUtilities.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

This is not something we can fix as the WASD camera control overwrites the status of the cameras

And when I removed that mod (and everything else but Squad, Kerbokatz and MM) to test the save/load it consistently returns me to my saved position too high on the vertical axis

Yeah it has a few glitches that have to be fixed in the future.

Edited by SpaceKitty

For people where the landing legs/other modules are stuck at the bottom: Do you have the EditorCamExtension installed ? If so enable the extend hangar option.

I have a log for the landing leg problem:

-cliking on the part in the list don't do anything

-i don't find them at the bottom of the VAB

-i don't know if the NRE here is due to your plugin, but when i remove it , there isn't NRE anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sy89vkto3dw30za/AACHa6k1bHlrrTuTPcqhg9IXa?dl=0

But i don't have "EditorCamExtension" instaled on my side.

Edited by Skalou

I can consistently reproduce the NRE with just Module Manager 2.6.7 and Auto Balancing Landing Legs 1.1.0 (plus KerboKatzUtilities 1.2.11, of course) installed:

1. start a new game
  2. make it a sandbox game
  3. go to VAB
  4. load Kerbal X (Stock)

• Screenshot
    • Besides the NRE and the inability to launch the craft, you can see that the craft title didn't load and that the staging configuration is messed up.

[*]KSP.log

[*]output_log.txt

Also having NRE with landing legs in the VAB.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at KerboKatz.ModuleAutoBalancingLandingLegUpgrade.updateVesselLegs (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
at KerboKatz.ModuleAutoBalancingLandingLegUpgrade.OnInitialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.InitializeModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.SpawnPart (.AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorLogic.OnPartListIconTap (.AvailablePart p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorPartList.TapIcon (.AvailablePart part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorPartIcon.OnTap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorPartIcon.MouseInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EZInputDelegate:invoke_void__this___POINTER_INFO& (POINTER_INFO&)
at UIButton.OnInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AutoSpriteControlBase.OnInput (POINTER_INFO ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.DispatchHelper (.POINTER_INFO& curPtr, Int32 camIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.DispatchInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.DidAnyPointerHitUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VABCamera.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Looks like the "vessel" variable doesn't point to anything when you click a leg in the editor.

Edited by westamastaflash

Uploaded the new release.

And fixed the bugs in the saveing/loading of the camera position.

You can now use ALT+(1-9) and CTRL+(1-9) to save and load a camera position.

But there is still a bug that i was unable to workaround/fix. The 1-4 keys will still trigger the gizmos.

Nice, thank you, the landing legs works fine now! :)

However the .version is not updated to KSP 1.0.4 so KSP-AVC give us the notification of "not compatible".

As i see you have a githb account, you can keep the version check on your git-hub page too (see KIS for a good example).

Also for CKAN, the "KerboKatzUtilities" is a dependancy fot le landing legs, if it really works without, it could be great to change this.

Edited by Skalou

Nice, thank you, the landing legs works fine now! :)

However the .version is not updated to KSP 1.0.4 so KSP-AVC give us the notification of "not compatible".

As i see you have a githb account, you can keep the version check on your git-hub page too (see KIS for a good example).

Also for CKAN, the "KerboKatzUtilities" is a dependancy fot le landing legs, if it really works without, it could be great to change this.

I didn't update the version files in a long time and SmallUtilities doesn't have one at all. I'm going to remove them from the KerboKatzUtilities as well for the next version.

Just an FYI, this hasn't updated in CKAN yet

As far as i can tell it has been updated 5 days ago.

I didn't update the version files in a long time and SmallUtilities doesn't have one at all. I'm going to remove them from the KerboKatzUtilities as well for the next version.

As far as i can tell it has been updated 5 days ago.

CKAN still reports that the latest version is 1.1.1, the first page say it is 1.2.4

Thanks for that update to the PhysicalTimeRatioViewer and confirming my suspicions that the Max Physics Delta Time per Frame was being bugged and altered. Your mods are very useful and was not aware of them until recently.

The method to change the value of Max Physics Delta Time per Frame seems to be the next logical step. Currently exiting to settings menu is agonizingly slow. I am experimenting on the two extreme values to identify the effects on vessel simulation.

Example: a plane flies maneuvers and flown at high G force to try to break it apart. Then the value for Max Physics Delta Time per Frame is lowered from 0.12 to 0.03 and the plane is again put through similar testing. So far the results are not showing much difference and the two simulations have similar results. Re-entry is up next for testing and now knowing that using time warp is messing with the value the main menu screen is going to be seen more often.

If it is possible could you add a method for changing the Max Physics Delta Time per Frame during run time. You were probably already thinking of this, am I right?

Keep up the great work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.